Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Which Tablet to Choose?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Which Tablet to Choose? Post 302535069 by amazing ping on Wednesday 29th of June 2011 02:16:42 PM
Old 06-29-2011
I've got an original Ipad and I have to admit, it's pretty sweet. I haven't had a chance to try out any of the other tablets. If you can get over using the Itunes store and sync options it's good. Netflix is no problem, plenty of free apps to keep you cover most of what you want to do and a lot of the usefull programs are very inexpensive. Just my two cents. I haven't really had a problem with it and it's very handy.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Serial Ports, wacom tablet under unix

Hi, I'm new to the boards and don't know all that much about unix either. I do have quite a specific question though and i hope someone can help me with it... i'm going crazy...i've been trying to set up a wacom tablet on my unix box. i've don't it before but it was taken away and the os... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Salwey
3 Replies

2. Android

Will You Move to an Android Phone or Tablet?

Let's find out about users of Android. I'm becoming a big Android follower. You? After a lot of research, I am thinking to by the Samsung Galaxy S as soon as it updates to Android 2.2. I'm also closely following the release of the Samsung Galaxy Tab! (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

choose y or n

Hi, I have written a choice based shell script some thing like this: if (y) execute code .... fi else if(n) terminating the problem with the above scripting is it will work as far as the options are y or n. but i want to reiterate the same code when the user inputs something else... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Create Industria OS for tablet

Hi people! I have a homemade RepRap, and I would like to create an own OS as the attached videos. Have you got any ideas how to start? Minute 6:20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-tg1uZ57lM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U-zlnczHow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jirlfLTnsQ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arcadi
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Tablet with Debian Linux ?

Hi , i want to buy a tablet with LINUX DEBIAN. Sparky is possible too. Have heared about Ubuntu Touch and a tablet with a real keyboard to switch from touch to normal keyboard. Does anyone know something ? WBR SM (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sennenmut
3 Replies
MACHINE-INFO(5) 						   machine-info 						   MACHINE-INFO(5)

NAME
machine-info - Local machine information file SYNOPSIS
/etc/machine-info DESCRIPTION
The /etc/machine-info file contains machine metadata. The basic file format of machine-info is a newline-separated list of environment-like shell-compatible variable assignments. It is possible to source the configuration from shell scripts, however, beyond mere variable assignments no shell features are supported, allowing applications to read the file without implementing a shell compatible execution engine. /etc/machine-info contains metadata about the machine that is set by the user or administrator. Depending on the operating system other configuration files might be checked for machine information as well, however only as fallback. You may use hostnamectl(1) to change the settings of this file from the command line. OPTIONS
The following machine metadata parameters may be set using /etc/machine-info: PRETTY_HOSTNAME= A pretty human-readable UTF-8 machine identifier string. This should contain a name like "Lennart's Laptop" which is useful to present to the user and does not suffer by the syntax limitations of internet domain names. If possible, the internet hostname as configured in /etc/hostname should be kept similar to this one. Example: if this value is "Lennart's Computer" an Internet hostname of "lennarts-computer" might be a good choice. If this parameter is not set, an application should fall back to the Internet host name for presentation purposes. ICON_NAME= An icon identifying this machine according to the XDG Icon Naming Specification[1]. If this parameter is not set, an application should fall back to "computer" or a similar icon name. CHASSIS= The chassis type. Currently, the following chassis types are defined: "desktop", "laptop", "convertible", "server", "tablet", "handset", "watch", and "embedded", as well as the special chassis types "vm" and "container" for virtualized systems that lack an immediate physical chassis. Note that many systems allow detection of the chassis type automatically (based on firmware information or suchlike). This setting (if set) shall take precedence over automatically detected information and is useful to override misdetected configuration or to manually configure the chassis type where automatic detection is not available. DEPLOYMENT= Describes the system deployment environment. One of the following is suggested: "development", "integration", "staging", "production". LOCATION= Describes the system location if applicable and known. Takes a human-friendly, free-form string. This may be as generic as "Berlin, Germany" or as specific as "Left Rack, 2nd Shelf". EXAMPLE
PRETTY_HOSTNAME="Lennart's Tablet" ICON_NAME=computer-tablet CHASSIS=tablet DEPLOYMENT=production SEE ALSO
systemd(1), os-release(5), hostname(5), machine-id(5), hostnamectl(1), systemd-hostnamed.service(8) NOTES
1. XDG Icon Naming Specification http://standards.freedesktop.org/icon-naming-spec/icon-naming-spec-latest.html systemd 237 MACHINE-INFO(5)