Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To Generate control chars[^M, ^C etc] Post 302535034 by saps19 on Wednesday 29th of June 2011 12:00:16 PM
Old 06-29-2011
Thanks Panyam, however my script is still not working.

Now it's working. Missed '/' in my script.

Last edited by saps19; 06-29-2011 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: Silly mistake...!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace chars,

:rolleyes: Hi, I want to replace the particular text in the middle of the line. Ex. In the line 40-50 wanted to replace the char as 'x' (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut last 4 chars

hi i wanted to cut last 4 chars from a text file Input A-B-C-V-15-0115 A-BL-CLE-T-VALUE-0125 M-T-L-G-0115 AT-PR-PE-CCT-0135 Output 0115 0125 0115 0135 I tried cut -f - -d "-" (thinking cut -f 5- -d"-" gives 5 ot end of line so only - should give last but floped) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate Checksum control

I find a idea to generate a Chcksum code to put in a table the file/table are only string (char and number ) ex: file original: value description univocal 20 char/number univocal AABC01 AAAAABBBB8765367BBBAA ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert C source from 8bit chars to 16bit chars?

I was using the following bash command inside the emacs compile command to search C++ source code: grep -inr --include='*.h' --include='*.cpp' '"' * | sed "/include/d" | sed "/_T/d" | sed '/^ *\/\//d' | sed '/extern/d' Emacs will then position me in the correct file and at the correct line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find 4 chars on 2nd line, 44 chars over

I know this should be simple, but I've been manning sed awk grep and find and am stupidly stumped :( I'm trying to use sed (or awk, find, etc) to find 4 characters on the second line of a file.txt 44-47 characters in. I can find lots of sed things for lines, but not characters. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find all chars before .

Howdy, I need a command which will find all of the characters in a line before the first . I am using Korn Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgrosecl
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

number of chars

I am curious why the below returns 4 instead of 3 wc -c <<<aaa Whereasa=aaa;echo ${#a} returns 3. How to get 3 using here -string operator in the above scenario Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate sheet with control-m table names

hi , i have control-m tool where i can schedule my unix script jobs to run automatically by created them in a table.. now i want a script to generate the sheet with table names that are created in cotrol-m tool... i dont know whether it possible or not.. thanks in advance. hemanth saikumar (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Special/Null/Control Chars and Print Line Numbers

Hi All, This might be a basic question... I need to write a script to find all/any Speacial/Null/Control Chars and Print Line Numbers from an input file. Output something like Null Characters in File Name at : Line Numbers Line = Print the line Control Characters in File Name at : Line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Tivoli
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to split data with a delimiter having chars and special chars

Hi Team, I have a file a1.txt with data as follows. dfjakjf...asdfkasj</EnableQuotedIDs><SQL><SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The delimiter string: <SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! dlm="<SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The above command is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
7 Replies
yodlstriproff(1)					    Your Own Document Language						  yodlstriproff(1)

NAME
yodlstriproff - strip ASCII control characters SYNOPSIS
command | yodlstriproff > outputfile DESCRIPTION
The yodlstriproff program is a very simple tool to strip ASCII control characters off a stream, so that only `bare' ASCII is left. The stripped control sequences are ^H (backspace) followed by any character; this mechanism is used to underline or boldface text on terminals that support it. yodlstriproff is typically used with the Yodl converters yodl2msless and yodl2manless. SEE ALSO
yodl(1), yodlbuiltins(7), yodlconverters(1), yodlletter(7), yodlmacros(7), yodlmanpage(7), yodlpost(1), yodlverbinsert(1). BUGS
- AUTHOR
Frank B. Brokken (f.b.brokken@rug.nl), yodl__CurVers_.tar.gz _CurYrs_ yodlstriproff(1)