Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to deal with incomplete image files Post 302535029 by CinciJeff on Wednesday 29th of June 2011 11:51:16 AM
Old 06-29-2011
The software uploads images every second or so. I'd be fine with every 5 or 10 seconds. I can dig around the software settings and see if I can increase the time between uploads, though I seem to remember that this wasn't an option. If I do increase the lag time, the probability of an incomplete file decreases, but it doesn't guarantee anything.

Regarding renaming the files, I don't have a way to do this though the software.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

append newline to files with incomplete last line

Hi all, Is there any way I can check a file for the linefeed character at the end of the file, and append one only if it is missing (ie. Incomplete last line)? Need to do this because I need to write a script to process files FTP-ed over from various machines, which may or may not be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziyi
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join of files is incomplete?!

Hi folks, I am using the join command to join two files on a common field as follows: File1.txt Adsorption|H01.181.529.047 Adult|M01.060.116 Children|M01.055 File2.txt 5|Adsorption|C0001674 7|Adult|C000001 6|Children|C00002 join -i -t "|" -a 2 -1 1 -2 2 File1.txt File2.txt This... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: s0460205
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore incomplete files

On Solaris & AIX, suppose there is a directory 'dir'. Log files of size approx 1MB are continuously being deposited here by scp command. I have a script that scans this dir every 5 mins and moves away the log files that have been deposited so far. How do I design my script so that I pick up... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentak
6 Replies

4. Solaris

How to ignore incomplete files

On Solaris, suppose there is a directory 'dir'. Log files of size approx 1MB are continuously being deposited here by scp command. I have a script that scans this dir every 5 mins and moves away the log files that have been deposited so far. How do I design my script so that I pick up *only*... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentak
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to deal with .tar.gz files in Linux?x

Dear all, there are more than 10 files with .tar.gz extension in my folder i didnt want to extract them i just want to run the query to fetch my necessary data from all the files. but when i run the command it untar the files in that folder. gunzip -c abc.tar.gz | tar -xf - | grep REC |... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo123
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to deal files with space in names?

I have a bash file as following: #!/bin/sh deal_file(){ printf $1 printf "\t is a file" echo } main(){ for file in `find "$1" ` do deal_file $file done } main $1 then I run ./t.sh .,get the following results: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 915086731
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching image files to create one image

Hi, I have two sets of image files. Both sets have names A to Z but set 1 ends with .cdt.png and set 2 ends with .matrix.png. I want set 1 to match with set 2 if the names match (i.e. A.cdt.png will match with A.matrix.png) and with the convert image tool (program for images), it will merge the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to deal with replaced files?

My task is to copy all files from many directories in one. The big problem i encounter is that some files in different directory have the same names. Is they are way to copy the files that have same names in a sub directory ( need to preserve the name of the files unchanged ) I have list with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogok_bg
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude incomplete files in ls -rlt

Hi All, I am bit puzzled with this requirement where I need to list the files in a directory. However, files are being continuously written to this folder through FTP. Hence I need to exclude the file which is being written at the time of listing the directory. I thought of using file time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Split Command Generating Incomplete Output Files

Hello All, May i please know how do i ensure my split command would NOT generate incomplete output files like below, the last lines in each file is missing some columns or last line is complete. split -b 50GB File File_ File_aa |551|70210203|xxxxxxx|12/22/2010 20:44:58|11/01/2010... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies
SYMLINK(3)								 1								SYMLINK(3)

symlink - Creates a symbolic link

SYNOPSIS
bool symlink (string $target, string $link) DESCRIPTION
symlink(3) creates a symbolic link to the existing $target with the specified name $link. PARAMETERS
o $target - Target of the link. o $link - The link name. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | This function is now available on Windows plat- | | | forms (Vista, Server 2008 or greater). | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 Create a symbolic link <?php $target = 'uploads.php'; $link = 'uploads'; symlink($target, $link); echo readlink($link); ?> NOTES
Note Windows users should note that this function will only work if the system you run PHP from is Windows Vista/Windows Server 2008 or newer. Windows versions prior to that do not support symbolic links. SEE ALSO
link(3), readlink(3), linkinfo(3). PHP Documentation Group SYMLINK(3)