Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Adding a Volume Group to an HACMP Resource Group? Post 302535007 by h@foorsa.biz on Wednesday 29th of June 2011 11:06:29 AM
Old 06-29-2011
@aixromeo
Check out this link
This User Gave Thanks to h@foorsa.biz For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM - Extending Logical Volume within Volume Group

Hello, I have logical volume group of 50GB, in which I have 2 logical volumes, LogVol01 and LogVol02, both are of 10GB. If I extend LogVol01 further by 10GB, then it keeps the extended copy after logical volume 2. I want to know where it keeps this information Regards Himanshu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghimanshu
3 Replies

2. AIX

Moving a Logical Volume from one Volume Group to Another

Does anyone have any simple methods for moving a current logical volume from one volume group to another? I do not wish to move the data from one physical volume to another. Basically, I want to "relink" the logical volume to exist in a different volume group. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krisw
2 Replies

3. AIX

Logical volume name conflict in two volume group

Hello, I am a french computer technician, and i speak English just a little. On Aix 5.3, I encounter a name conflict logical volume on two volume group. The first volume lvnode01 is OK in rootvg and mounted. It is also consistent in the ODM root # lsvg -l rootvg |grep lvnode01 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
10 Replies

4. AIX

Resource Group Monitoring

Hi, I have a requirement to monitor the HACMP Resource Groups. At present in my environment, if the Resource Groups fail over from preferred node to Secondary node we dont get notification. Can some one help me in creating a scrript. I have more than one RG online. (Max 4 Resource Groups in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srnagu
2 Replies

5. AIX

HACMP resource group State not STABLE

Hi, Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this on but maybe a mod could move it if not. When trying to move a HACMP resource group between lpars on AIX I receive the following. State not STABLE/RP_RUNNING or ibcasts Join for node 2 rejected, Clearing in join protocol flag... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: elmesy
11 Replies

6. AIX

HACMP, NFS cross-mount problem. Can not move resource group

Hi, I'm new to HACMP. Currently I setup a cluster with nfs cross-mount follow this guide: kristijan.org NFS cross-mounts in PowerHA/HACMPMy cluster has two nodes: erp01 and erp02. I'm using nfs4 with filesystem for nfs is: /sapnfs Cluster start without problems. But I cannnot move RG (with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giobuon
3 Replies

7. AIX

Adding existing VG to powerHA Resource group

Hello. I am Running AIX 6.1 and PowerHA 6.1 I have an active/active cluster (Prod/Dev) cluster. Each side will failover to the other. I have on my prod side an active volume group with a file system. The VG is imported on both nodes and active (varried on, file system mounted) on the prod... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to create an for loop for adding an disk in veritas volume group.

Hi Experts I need an script to add an disk in to the veritas volume manager disk group. For example: # cd /tmp # view disk c6t5d2 c6t2d1 c6t3d7 c6t11d2 c7t11d2 c6t11d6 Normally we add the disk like this: # vxdg -g freedg freedisk01=c6t5d2 # vxdg -g freedg freedisk02=c6t2d1 #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indrajit_preet
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a volume group, logical volume group and file system?

hi, I want to create a volume group of 200 GB and then create different file systems on that. please help me out. Its becomes confusing when the PP calculating PP. I don't understand this concept. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldev
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

No space in volume group. How to create a file system using existing logical volume

Hello Guys, I want to create a file system dedicated for an application installation. But there is no space in volume group to create a new logical volume. There is enough space in other logical volume which is being mounted on /var. I know we can use that logical volume and create a virtual... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies
scha_resource_setstatus(1HA)				       Sun Cluster Commands				      scha_resource_setstatus(1HA)

NAME
scha_resource_setstatus - set resource status SYNOPSIS
scha_resource_setstatus -R resource -G group -s status [-m msg] [-Z zonename] DESCRIPTION
The scha_resource_setstatus command sets the Status and Status_msg properties of a resource that is managed by the Resource Group Manager (RGM). This command is intended to be used by the resource's monitor to indicate the resource's state as perceived by the monitor. It pro- vides the same functionality as the scha_resource_setstatus(3HA) C function. When you execute the scha_resource_setstatus(1HA) command, the Status and Status_msg properties of the resource are updated with the values that you specify. Sun Cluster logs the change to the resource status in the cluster system log, which you can view with cluster administra- tion tools. You need solaris.cluster.resource.admin RBAC authorization to use this command. See rbac(5). You must also be able to assume a role to which the Sun Cluster Commands rights profile has been assigned to use this command. Authorized users can issue privileged Sun Cluster commands on the command line from the pfsh(1), pfcsh(1), or pfksh(1) profile shell. A profile shell is a special kind of shell that enables you to access privileged Sun Cluster commands that are assigned to the Sun Cluster Commands rights profile. A profile shell is launched when you run su(1M) to assume a role. You can also use pfexec(1) to issue privileged Sun Cluster com- mands. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -G group Specifies the resource group that contains the resource. -m msg Specifies the text string that you want to assign to the Status_msg property of the resource. If you do not specify this option, the value of the resource's Status_msg is set to NULL. -R resource Specifies the resource whose status is to be set. -s status Specifies the value of status: OK, DEGRADED, FAULTED, UNKNOWN, or OFFLINE. -Z zonename Specifies the name of the non-global zone in which a resource group is configured to run. If the Global_zone property is set to TRUE, methods execute in the global zone even if the resource group that contains the resource runs in a non-global zone. The -Z option sets the status for the non-global zone where the resource group runs rather than for the global zone where the method runs. Use the -Z option only for resource types whose Global_zone property is set to TRUE. This option is not needed if the Global_zone prop- erty is set to FALSE. For more information about the Global_zone property, see the rt_properties(5) man page. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Setting the Status of Resource R1 With a Status_msg The following command sets the status of resource R1 in resource group RG2 to OK and sets the Status_msg to Resource R1 is OK: scha_resource_setstatus -R R1 -G RG2 -s OK -m "Resource R1 is OK" Example 2 Setting the Status of Resource R1 Without a Status_msg The following command sets the status of R1 in resource group RG2 to DEGRADED and sets the Status_msg to NULL: scha_resource_setstatus -R R1 -G RG2 -s DEGRADED Example 3 Setting the Status of Resource R1 in Zone Zone1 With a Status_msg The following example shows a resource type method or monitor that is implemented as a shell script. This shell script shows how to set the status of resource $resource in resource group $rg in zone $localzone to OK. This shell script also sets the Status_msg to "Resource R1 is OK". In this case, the -Z option must be specified because the resource type property Global_zone is assumed to be set to TRUE. resource= rg="" localzone="" zflag="" while getopts R:G:Z: do case $c in R) resource=$OPTARG;; G) rg=$OPTARG;; Z) zflag="-Z" localzone=$OPTARG;; esac done ... scha_resource_setstatus -R $resource -G $rg $zflag $localzone -s OK -m "Resource R1 is OK" EXIT STATUS
The following exit status codes are returned: 0 The command completed successfully. nonzero An error occurred. Failure error codes are described in scha_calls(3HA). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscdev | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
scha_cmds(1HA), scha_calls(3HA), scha_resource_setstatus(3HA), attributes(5), rbac(5), rt_properties(5) Sun Cluster 3.2 7 Sep 2006 scha_resource_setstatus(1HA)