Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Anyone help to interpretate os statistics Post 302534977 by jtwcarboy on Wednesday 29th of June 2011 09:28:58 AM
Old 06-29-2011
Take a look at the below command and output. It seems to break things down well:
This is from a machine with 64Gb of Memory and this row shows the f ree memory:
Free (freelist) 13096905 51159 78%

Code:
#  echo ::memstat | mdb -k
Page Summary                Pages                MB  %Tot
------------     ----------------  ----------------  ----
Kernel                     646470              2525    4%
ZFS File Data             1920208              7500   11%
Anon                      1078294              4212    6%
Exec and libs               14431                56    0%
Page cache                   2544                 9    0%
Free (cachelist)            13012                50    0%
Free (freelist)          13096905             51159   78%

Total                    16771864             65515
Physical                 16324293             63766

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 06-29-2011 at 12:33 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Server Statistics ?

I'm trying to write a C program to view server statistics such as: - server general information - CPU usage - memory usage - running processes Cany anybody gives me hints on those system calls ?? ps: I'm using Tru64 unix (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agent007
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Getting Socket statistics

Is there any way to get the file descriptor statistics of a socket file descriptor? I know that the fstat, stat system calls are for this purpose, but I want to know it there any way to get socket connection statistics for a file descriptor(like socket flags, connection type etc). Does /proc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: comp_wizard07
3 Replies

3. Solaris

how to get server statistics

Hello What commands can give following type of information about the server: Time: 20080331.12:10:39 Current CPU: 97.0% Current Memory: 3.7% Current Disk Space: 76% The resources on server is currently not available. Current CPU, Memory, or Disk Space is exceeding threshold Waiting for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shalua
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

packets statistics

Hi there, are there any functions that can get the packets statistics on UNIX ? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
2 Replies

5. AIX

Statistics Aix

Hello If there is a way to get a statistics from Aix box server from a month. cpu use, memory, disc use, etc. Maybe via smitty or I need to do a script. The os is Aix 5.3 Greetings (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

statistics using awk

Hi, I have 3 columns in a file listed below. X Y X/(X+Y) 1 1 0.5 1 1 0.5 4 1 0.8 1 1 0.5 6 1 0.857142857 1 1 0.5 23 1 0.958333333 Now I want to find confidence interval using the formula for each row. (p-2 sqrt p(1-p)/(x+y), p+2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any way to get process statistics?

Hi, Can someone advise what "generic" command can I use to show statistics of a process or a running script/process? For example, I want to know how many hours/minutes it's taken to run or has been running, how much CPU it used and how much memory it used or uses. I want to be able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text statistics

Hello every body if I want to get the following statistics from a text file 1- sorted the n frequent words 2- sorted the n frequent characters 3- sorted the n frequent diagrams (tow letter together like th OR he) 4- sorted frequent n trigrams like (the OR all etc. ) 5- any character... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaled79
10 Replies
ZFSLOADER(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      ZFSLOADER(8)

NAME
zfsloader -- kernel bootstrapping final stage DESCRIPTION
zfsloader is an extended variant of loader(8) with added support for booting from ZFS. This document describes only differences from loader(8). ZFS FEATURES
zfsloader supports the following format for specifying ZFS filesystems which can be used wherever loader(8) refers to a device specification: zfs:pool/filesystem: where pool/filesystem is a ZFS filesystem name as described in zfs(8). If /etc/fstab does not have an entry for the root filesystem and vfs.root.mountfrom is not set, but currdev refers to a ZFS filesystem, then zfsloader will instruct kernel to use that filesystem as the root filesystem. ZFS COMMAND EXTENSIONS
lsdev [-v] Lists ZFS pools in addition to disks and partitions. Adding -v shows more ZFS pool details in a format that resembles zpool status output. lszfs filesystem A ZFS extended command that can be used to explore the ZFS filesystem hierarchy in a pool. Lists the immediate children of the filesystem. The filesystem hierarchy is rooted at a filesystem with the same name as the pool. FILES
/boot/zfsloader zfsloader itself. EXAMPLES
Set the default device used for loading a kernel from a ZFS filesystem: set currdev=zfs:tank/ROOT/knowngood: SEE ALSO
gptzfsboot(8), loader(8), zfs(8), zfsboot(8), zfsloader(8), zpool(8) HISTORY
The zfsloader first appeared in FreeBSD 7.3. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
September 15, 2014 BSD