Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Anyone help to interpretate os statistics Post 302534966 by jtwcarboy on Wednesday 29th of June 2011 09:02:37 AM
Old 06-29-2011
So from the prtconf output you have about 24GB memory total in the machine. What other information were you looking to get from the machine?

The below script will show you from smallest to largest the memory usage of each process:

The following shell script prints the memory usage of each process, sorted by ascending memory usage.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

/usr/bin/printf "%-6s %-9s %s\n" "PID" "Total" "Command"
/usr/bin/printf "%-6s %-9s %s\n" "---" "-----" "-------"

for PID in `/usr/bin/ps -e | /usr/bin/awk '$1 ~ /[0-9]+/ { print $1 }'`
do
   CMD=`/usr/bin/ps -o comm -p $PID | /usr/bin/tail -1`
   # Avoid "pmap: cannot examine 0: system process"-type errors
   # by redirecting STDERR to /dev/null
   TOTAL=`/usr/bin/pmap $PID 2>/dev/null | /usr/bin/tail -1 | \
/usr/bin/awk '{ print $2 }'`
   [ -n "$TOTAL" ] && /usr/bin/printf "%-6s %-9s %s\n" "$PID" "$TOTAL" "$CMD"
done | /usr/bin/sort -n -k2

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 06-29-2011 at 12:32 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Server Statistics ?

I'm trying to write a C program to view server statistics such as: - server general information - CPU usage - memory usage - running processes Cany anybody gives me hints on those system calls ?? ps: I'm using Tru64 unix (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agent007
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Getting Socket statistics

Is there any way to get the file descriptor statistics of a socket file descriptor? I know that the fstat, stat system calls are for this purpose, but I want to know it there any way to get socket connection statistics for a file descriptor(like socket flags, connection type etc). Does /proc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: comp_wizard07
3 Replies

3. Solaris

how to get server statistics

Hello What commands can give following type of information about the server: Time: 20080331.12:10:39 Current CPU: 97.0% Current Memory: 3.7% Current Disk Space: 76% The resources on server is currently not available. Current CPU, Memory, or Disk Space is exceeding threshold Waiting for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shalua
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

packets statistics

Hi there, are there any functions that can get the packets statistics on UNIX ? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
2 Replies

5. AIX

Statistics Aix

Hello If there is a way to get a statistics from Aix box server from a month. cpu use, memory, disc use, etc. Maybe via smitty or I need to do a script. The os is Aix 5.3 Greetings (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

statistics using awk

Hi, I have 3 columns in a file listed below. X Y X/(X+Y) 1 1 0.5 1 1 0.5 4 1 0.8 1 1 0.5 6 1 0.857142857 1 1 0.5 23 1 0.958333333 Now I want to find confidence interval using the formula for each row. (p-2 sqrt p(1-p)/(x+y), p+2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any way to get process statistics?

Hi, Can someone advise what "generic" command can I use to show statistics of a process or a running script/process? For example, I want to know how many hours/minutes it's taken to run or has been running, how much CPU it used and how much memory it used or uses. I want to be able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text statistics

Hello every body if I want to get the following statistics from a text file 1- sorted the n frequent words 2- sorted the n frequent characters 3- sorted the n frequent diagrams (tow letter together like th OR he) 4- sorted frequent n trigrams like (the OR all etc. ) 5- any character... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaled79
10 Replies
SWAPON(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 SWAPON(8)

NAME
swapon, swapoff - enable/disable devices and files for paging and swapping SYNOPSIS
/sbin/swapon [-h -V] /sbin/swapon -a [-v] [-e] /sbin/swapon [-v] [-p priority] specialfile ... /sbin/swapon [-s] /sbin/swapoff [-h -V] /sbin/swapoff -a /sbin/swapoff specialfile ... DESCRIPTION
Swapon is used to specify devices on which paging and swapping are to take place. Calls to swapon normally occur in the system multi-user initialization file /etc/rc making all swap devices available, so that the paging and swapping activity is interleaved across several devices and files. Normally, the first form is used: -h Provide help -V Display version -s Display swap usage summary by device. Equivalent to "cat /proc/swaps". Not available before Linux 2.1.25. -a All devices marked as ``swap'' swap devices in /etc/fstab are made available. Devices that are already running as swap are silently skipped. -e When -a is used with swapon, -e makes swapon silently skip devices that do not exist. -p priority Specify priority for swapon. This option is only available if swapon was compiled under and is used under a 1.3.2 or later kernel. priority is a value between 0 and 32767. See swapon(2) for a full description of swap priorities. Add pri=value to the option field of /etc/fstab for use with swapon -a. Swapoff disables swapping on the specified devices and files. When the -a flag is given, swapping is disabled on all known swap devices and files (as found in /proc/swaps or /etc/fstab). NOTE
You should not use swapon on a file with holes. Swap over NFS may not work. SEE ALSO
swapon(2), swapoff(2), fstab(5), init(8), mkswap(8), rc(8), mount(8) FILES
/dev/hd?? standard paging devices /dev/sd?? standard (SCSI) paging devices /etc/fstab ascii filesystem description table HISTORY
The swapon command appeared in 4.0BSD. Linux 1.x 25 September 1995 SWAPON(8)