Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error running FORTRAN code
Top Forums Programming Error running FORTRAN code Post 302534895 by sandhyakg on Wednesday 29th of June 2011 06:12:04 AM
Old 06-29-2011
Hi Tytalus,

Details you asked for are here:
Fortran:

IBM XL Fortran Enterprise Edition for AIX, V11.1.

AIX 5.3.0.0

All the files are read concurrently as:
Code:
 DO i=1,numfiles
         tmp = trim(basefile)
         WRITE(tmp(LEN_TRIM(tmp)+1:LEN_TRIM(tmp)+4),33) i
         OPEN(unit=10+i, file=tmp, status='old', iostat=ios)
         IF ( ios /= 0 ) THEN
            PRINT *,'Unable to open',TRIM(tmp)
         ELSE
            IF(verbose) PRINT *,TRIM(tmp),' opened succesfully'
         ENDIF
      ENDDO

All the files are closed at the end of the program as

Code:
 CLOSE ( unit = 10 );
      DO i=1,numfiles
         CLOSE (unit=10+i)
      ENDDO

Since it is a very big program of ~ 500 lines (it is part of the numerical model, not written by me) I could write only the relevant part here.

regrds,
s.

Last edited by pludi; 07-05-2011 at 04:44 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Error while running the C code

Hi Sir, I am running C program which include directfb.h header files. root@lxdevenv:~/Desktop# vi n.c root@lxdevenv:~/Desktop# gcc n.c -o n -I/usr/local/include/directfb -L/usr/local/lib -ldirectfb -lfusion -ldirect -lpthread -lm n.c: In function ‘main':... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravikishore
2 Replies

2. Programming

Making FORTRAN code more efficient

Hi, I have a very large, very old FORTRAN code that I work with. The code is quite messy and I was wondering if I can speed up execution time by finding subroutines that code execution spends the most time in. Is there any kind of software I can use to see where the code spends most of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rks171
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Getting error code when running the script 2 (RC)2

hi All, we have a script to remove the files from particular path,when we tryingto run manually the script went to success and removed the files but the same script which is running by other team it got failed and giving the error "2 (RC)2 "..what is the cause of the failure..and we passing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagavenkatesh
2 Replies

4. Programming

Help with make this Fortran code more efficient (in HPC manner)

Hi there, I had run into some fortran code to modify. Obviously, it was written without thinking of high performance computing and not parallelized... Now I would like to make the code "on track" and parallel. After a whole afternoon thinking, I still cannot find where to start. Can any one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: P_E_M_Lee
3 Replies

5. Programming

Using Doxygen on Fortran code

I am using doxygen for documenting my fortran code. I want to write some notes after the header in different parts of the subroutine. Any idea what the tags should be as anything I write after the header is not displayed ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

6. Programming

Removing goto statements in FORTRAN code

I have the code below and I want to remove the "go to" statements. Any idea how I can do it? if (iorder == 0) then tmincurrent = 1.0e11 if(ireverse == 0 .or. istop /= 1) then do i = 1, 6 if ((side(i) /= sidelimit(i)) .and. (tminside(i) < tmincurrent)) then ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

7. Programming

Strange characters in FORTRAN code output

Hi guys, After compiling a .f90 code and executing it, i get strange characters in the output file like : ^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@ Are these windows characters? how can i get rid of this? Much appreciated. Paul (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paul Moghadam
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

FORTRAN error *** glibc detected ***

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I'm doing aproximation of derivative called five-point stencil. For every value of x, in interval , in step... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antonija
0 Replies

9. Programming

Error in my FORTRAN program

I have a Fortran program and I am writing out to logical unit 7. The program is reading from a text file and writing to the new file formatted. It gets through the read and writes some to the file but then stops with the following error: 1525-013 The sequential WRITE statement cannot be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KathyB148
5 Replies
rmvb(9F)						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 						  rmvb(9F)

NAME
rmvb - remove a message block from a message SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/stream.h> mblk_t *rmvb(mblk_t *mp, mblk_t *bp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). PARAMETERS
mp Message from which a block is to be removed. mblk_t is an instance of the msgb(9S) structure. bp Message block to be removed. DESCRIPTION
The rmvb() function removes a message block (bp) from a message (mp), and returns a pointer to the altered message. The message block is not freed, merely removed from the message. It is the module or driver's responsibility to free the message block. RETURN VALUES
If successful, a pointer to the message (minus the removed block) is returned. The pointer is NULL if bp was the only block of the message before rmvb() was called. If the designated message block (bp) does not exist, -1 is returned. CONTEXT
The rmvb() function can be called from user, interrupt, or kernel context. EXAMPLES
This routine removes all zero-length M_DATA message blocks from the given message. For each message block in the message, save the next message block (line 10). If the current message block is of type M_DATA and has no data in its buffer (line 11), then remove it from the message (line 12) and free it (line 13). In either case, continue with the next message block in the message (line 16). 1 void 2 xxclean(mp) 3 mblk_t *mp; 4 { 5 mblk_t *tmp; 6 mblk_t *nmp; 7 8 tmp = mp; 9 while (tmp) { 10 nmp = tmp->b_cont; 11 if ((tmp->b_datap->db_type == M_DATA) && (tmp->b_rptr == tmp->b_wptr)) { 12 (void) rmvb(mp, tmp); 13 freeb(tmp); 14 } 15 tmp = nmp; 16 } 17 } SEE ALSO
freeb(9F), msgb(9S) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide SunOS 5.11 16 Jan 2006 rmvb(9F)