Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: grep words from output file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep words from output file Post 302534882 by darling on Wednesday 29th of June 2011 04:34:48 AM
Old 06-29-2011
@scottn:

I have output.txt. that file is like below

TYPE(QCLUSTER) ALTDATE(2010-05-17)
CLUSTER(QS.CL.MFT1) CLUSQMGR(QS.QM.BALT1)

I want only CLUSQMGR and CLUSTER only.I want to perform the command with help of output.txt.
Commans should be
dis CLUSQMGR(QS.QM.BALT1) CLUSTER(QS.CL.MFT1) channel.

Suggest me what i need to do?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to from grep command from a file which contains matching words?

Hi all I have a file with below content (content is variable whenever new product is launched). I need form a grep command like this egrep "Unknown product|Invalid symboland so on" How to do it using a script? Unknown product Invalid symbol No ILX exch found exceeds maximum size AFX... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnl
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting Concatenated Words in Input File with Words from a Master File

Hello, I have a complex problem. I have a file in which words have been joined together: Theboy ranslowly I want to be able to correctly split the words using a lookup file in which all the words occur: the boy ran slowly slow put child ly The lookup file which is meant for look up... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
21 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

recursively Grep particular words among lines from a file

dear experts, Could you please help me to write a command/script to find follwing: from the log file i want to grep "resCode89270200100001552311" after that only "<resultCode>40614</resultCode>" it will be like that: resCode89270200100001552311 <resultCode>40614</resultCode> ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple words in a single file

Hello All, I'm a newbie/rookie in Shell scipting. I've done oracle export of a table using Export utility. When I do export, it generates 2 files. 1> .dmp file 2> .dmp.log file. In .dmp.log file I have to search for a sentence which goes like '0 records have been inserted' and then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samfisher
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep for words in file

Hi Please can you help me on this: How to grep for multiple words in a file, BUT for every word found output it to a new line. regards FR (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep words with spaces and save the output

I have a file that contains the schedule for a tournament with 41 teams. The team names have spaces in them. I would like to search for each teams schedule and then save that to that teams file For example Team name: "Team Two" I would like to search for all the games for "Team Two" and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: knijjar
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep the desired output and output to a file?

currently I have process from a raw file to this stage ALTER TABLE "EXCEL_ADMIN"."TC_TXN_VOID" ADD CONSTRAINT "PK_TC_TXN_VOID" PRIMARY KEY ("TC_TXN_IID") ALTER TABLE "EXCEL_ADMIN"."TC_TXN_AMT" ADD CONSTRAINT "PK_TC_TXN_AMT" PRIMARY KEY ("TC_TXN_AMT_IID") ALTER TABLE... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep a log file for words listed in separate text file?

Hello, I want to grep a log ("server.log") for words in a separate file ("white-list.txt") and generate a separate log file containing each line that uses a word from the "white-list.txt" file. Putting that in bullet points: Search through "server.log" for lines that contain any word... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace particular words in file based on if finds another words in that line

Hi All, I need one help to replace particular words in file based on if finds another words in that file . i.e. my self is peter@king. i am staying at north sydney. we all are peter@king. How to replace peter to sham if it finds @king in any line of that file. Please help me... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajib Podder
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep multiple words in a file with help of fixed string switch

I have multiple strings in a file which have special character $, when i search strings by ignoring $ with \ using single quotes it returns empty results. My search strings are set char_1($lock) and set new_char_clear_3($unlock) I tried searching with but it returns empty results.However... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_eashwar
3 Replies
ZGREP(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)