Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sorting and moving file sequence with gaps Post 302534720 by DGPickett on Tuesday 28th of June 2011 02:51:50 PM
Old 06-28-2011
Plus, what if the missing file is the last? Is there a clue in the first of the #? What if #1 is missing? Generic solution: any is clue to #1, #1 is clue to all. Start with every prefix "find . . . | sed '. . .' | sort -u | while read prefix, do, look for ${prefix}00001, get clue, look for all the children, done".

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Searching for gaps in huge (2.2G) log file?

I've got a 2.2 Gig syslog file from our Cisco firewall appliance. The problem is that we've been seeing gaps in the syslog for anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours. Currently I've just been using 'less' and paging through the file to see if I can find any noticeable gaps. Obviously this isn't the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting Files by date and moving files in date order

I need to build a k shell script that will sort files in a directory where files appear like this "XXXX_2008021213.DAT. I need to sort by date in the filename and then move files by individual date to a working folder. concatenate the files in the working folder then start a process once... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rebel64
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding & Moving Oldest File by Parsing/Sorting Date Info in File Names

I'm trying to write a script that will look in an /exports folder for the oldest export file and move it to a /staging folder. "Oldest" in this case is actually determined by date information embedded in the file names themselves. Also, the script should only move a file from /exports to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikosey
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help with sorting sequence in Unix C:sort -t ':' +0 -1 -n +1 -2 +2 -3 -o list list

Hi List is 000|2008-07-17|556543|RTJ|35-RTGJ|EYT 465|2008-11-10|567789|GHJ|45-DGHH|ETU 533|2008-09-06|567789|GHJ|45-DGHH|ETU How does it do it? sort -t ':' +0 -1 -n +1 -2 +2 -3 -o list list (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurvinder
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for Gaps in Time

I am very new to shell scripting. We use C-Shell here and I know the issues that surround it. I hope a solution can be created using awk, sed, etc... instead of having to write a program. I have an input file that is sorted by date and time in ascending order ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding gaps to a string in bash

I have the following string, and want to introduce additional spaces between the two %s. This will be done by specifying the gap between the %s. Example having gap=8 will put 8 spaces between the two %s. frmt_k1d1_test="%s %s\n" I am doing the script in bash. ---------- Post updated at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Gaps and frequencies

I have this infile: >GHL8OVD01BNNCA Freq 10 TAGATGTGCCCGTGGGTTTCCCGTCAACACCGGATAGT-GCAGCA-TA >GHL8OVD01CMQVT Freq 1 TTGATGTCGTGGGTTTCCCGTCAACACCGGCAAATAGT-GCAGCA-TA >GHL8OVD01CMQVT Freq 1 TTGATGTGCCAGTTTCCCGTCTAGCAGCACTACCAGGACCTTCGC-TA >GHL8OVD01CMQVW Freq 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xterra
1 Replies
vga_addtiming(3)						Svgalib User Manual						  vga_addtiming(3)

NAME
vga_guesstiming - calculate a timing line for the given resolution SYNOPSIS
#include <vga.h> int vga_guesstiming(int x, int y, int clue, int arg); DESCRIPTION
Calculates a timing line for a x*y resolution, according to the value of clue. CALCULATION METHODS
If clue is 0, then the aspect ratio for the requested mode ( x:y ) must be 4:3. A mode with the same aspect ratio closest to the requested, while still having a higher resolution is found, and then scaled down to the requested mode. If clue is 1, then the aspect ratio for the requested mode ( x:y ) must be 4:3. A mode with the same aspect ratio closest to the requested, while still having a lower resolution is found, and then scaled down to the requested mode. BUGS
No guarantee that a modeline will be created, or that a created modeline will be usefull is given. SEE ALSO
vga_addmode(3) vga_addtiming(3) addmodetest(6) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Matan Ziv-Av Svgalib (>;= 1.4.0) 7 April 1999 vga_addtiming(3)