Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 3d effects in rhel6
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat 3d effects in rhel6 Post 302534648 by Corona688 on Tuesday 28th of June 2011 11:07:14 AM
Old 06-28-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshgupta
i was not bumping the thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshgupta
is there nobody who can solve my problem.............Smilie
That is the very definition of a bump..
Quote:
it was my problem.....You must consider that I am only a beginner in linux.....
The major problem is that I can't see your computer from here...

As for how to uninstall the ATI drivers, how did you install them in the first place?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Effects of grep -o when it's not available

I'm on a Solaris box that doesn't have -o as an option for grep (trying to return match only). Is there any way to get this functionality without the -o option? I've tried both sed and awk doing something like: echo "this is a test" | awk '/test/' or echo "this is a test | sed '/test/p'... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: earnstaf
8 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Effects on data size during encrypted transfer

Hi There, I wonder if any one can help me. I want to transfer a file from one site to another over an encrypted link. I want to know if there will be any imcrease in the data that will travel on the link? For example, I want to transfer a 1 GB file from one site to another, using an encrypted... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmerin
4 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Sound Effects Dolby,SRS in Linux

Hello all. Can anyone tell me if there is any alternative to Window$ Media Player for LINUX(Linux Mint). What am searching for is a player with sound processing capabilities.(Bass,Equaliser,SRS,Dolby,etc..) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolatt
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

3D effects on RHEL6 OC

Hello, I just installed RHEL6 OC on my T61p. It's great! Just for fun I'd like to use some fancy cool Desktop effects. I tried to enable 3D Desktop effects from OC Welcome Center but it gave me error message: Accelerated 3D graphics is not available. Desktop effects require hardware 3D support.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: susja
7 Replies

5. Red Hat

Effects of /etc/fstab file!

Hi Folks! I accidentally overwrote in /etc/fstab file. Can you guys please tell me, what impact it would have created, when I restarted the machine(RHEL6). I executed this command : # blkid /dev/vda5 > /etc/fstab (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
17 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Ubuntu encryption and its effects

How will Full Disk encryption effect how open-source software is compiled and run using ubuntu 14.04. Are there alternatives that are recommended? Thank you :). (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Remove filter effects from downloaded videos?

Does anyone know a way to remove filter effects from videos downloaded from YouTube or elsewhere, preferably with software that runs in Windows 7? Thank you in anticipation. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quadphonic
1 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1p) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   SHELL-QUOTE(1p)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.8.4 2005-05-03 SHELL-QUOTE(1p)