Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to extract a certain part of a line Post 302534646 by rpf on Tuesday 28th of June 2011 11:00:25 AM
Old 06-28-2011
it works well. thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract a part of file name

Hi, I want to extract a part of filename and pass it as a parameter to one of the scripts. Could someone help. File name:- NLL_NAM_XXXXX.XXXXXXX_1_1.txt. Here i have to extract only XXXXX.XXXXXXX and the position will be constant. that means that i have to extract some n characters from... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnat
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract last part of string.

Hi, I have a string like this BUNDLE=/home/bob/flx/user.bun how to extract only the the last part ie, only user.bun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vprasads
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract part of xml line via awk?

Hi, I like to set a variable "name" automatically by reading an xml file. My code looks like this: set name = `awk '/<generationTime>/,/<\/generationTime>/ p' $xml_name` the "name" is thus set to <generationTime>2004-12-01T08:23:50.000000</generationTime> How can I separate this line,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: friend
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract part of xml line via awk?

Hi, I like to set a variable "name" automatically by reading an xml file. The name should be set to the date, which is a part of the following line of the xml file: <sceneID>C82_N32_A_SM_strip_008_R_2009-11-24T04:22:12.790028Z</sceneID> How can I separate this line, that the name will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: friend
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract one part from whole output

Hi All, I am trying to write a small shell programming to get db2 database size info. The command I am going to use is- db2 "CALL GET_DBSIZE_INFO(?, ?, ?, -1)" and the output of above command generally is- Value of output parameters -------------------------- Parameter Name :... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NARESH1302
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with extract particular part of data

Input file <data> <temporary>qe2qrqerq qwewqeqwrqwrq qrerwrewrwer </temporary> </data> <sample>@!@##%#</sample> <info>12345</info> <content>2313214141454</content> <data> <temporary>qe2qrqerq qrerwrewrwer </temporary> <content>123214214523</content> </data>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Printing a part of the last line of the specific part of a file

Hi, I have 80 large files, from which I want to get a specific value to run a Bash script. Firstly, I want to get the part of a file which contains this: Name =A xxxxxx yyyyyy zzzzzz aaaaaa bbbbbb Value = 57 This is necessary because in a file there are written more lines which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract part of a string

I have a file with 100s of lines of text. I want to perform an extraction of this line: Info bpzs(pid=2652) using 1000 bits I have not been able to extract it. Should I try expr match or is there another method? This line has data both in front of and in back of it. I do not have grep -o... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help to extract part of the string

Hi, I have a string with name as 20140412-s1-Potopolive_promos_20140412. So I want to extract only Potopolive string. Could you please help me the command. O/p : Potopolive Thx in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lkeswar
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a part of variable/line content in a file

I have a variable and assigned the following values ***XYZ_201519_20150929140642_20150929140644_211_0_0_211 I need to read this variable from backward and stop read when I get first underscore (_) In this scenario I should get 211 Thanks Kris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkris
3 Replies
PODOFOXMP(1)							     podofoxmp							      PODOFOXMP(1)

NAME
podofoxmp - Modify or extract XMP information from a PDF file SYNOPSIS
podofoxmp [inputfile] [xmpfile outputfile] DESCRIPTION
podofoxmp is one of the command line tools from the PoDoFo library that provide several useful operations to work with PDF files. It can extract or modify XMP information in a PDF file. OPTIONS
[inputfile] Input PDF file. This is the only option needed to extract the XMP information from a PDF file. [xmpfile] Optional file that provides PDF XMP structure. It must be used in conjuction with an [outputfile]. [outputfile] Output PDF file. It is only used in conjuction with an [xmpfile]. SEE ALSO
podofobox(1), podofocountpages(1), podofocrop(1), podofoencrypt(1), podofoimg2pdf(1), podofoimgextract(1), podofoimpose(1), podofoincremen- talupdates(1), podofomerge(1), podofopages(1), podofopdfinfo(1), podofotxt2pdf(1), podofotxtextract(1), podofouncompress(1), AUTHORS
PoDoFo is written by Dominik Seichter <domseichter@web.de> and others. This manual page was written by Oleksandr Moskalenko <malex@debian.org> for the Debian Project (but may be used by others). PoDoFo 2010-12-09 PODOFOXMP(1)