Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Patch analysis tool Redhat Enterprise release 4 Post 302534626 by dmsmith32 on Tuesday 28th of June 2011 10:11:17 AM
Old 06-28-2011
MySQL

Hi Mark

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the slow response. Shortly after posting this the company decided to grant internet access.

Thanks anyway Darren.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

linux patch management tool

I have a suse linux 9(SLES 9) I have configured "YOU" (yast online update) and it all working fine, synchronising on a daily base with http://sdb.suse.de/download but I would like to know if they is a tools or scripts that inform you of any patches that has not been applied and notify you via... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan1
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Storedge Workload Analysis Tool (SWAT)

Does anyone know where I can download this software from , or is it part of a software package that has to be bought. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdr011
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

any tool for core analysis on HP-UX?

Hi, I just wanted to know is there any tool avaliable for core analysis on hp-ux. I have heard about q4 utility. But I think it is used for analysis of system crash dump and not for core dump produced by a user process. gdb doesn't give much information unless the binary is debug-build. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
0 Replies

4. Linux

Apache in enterprise, patch management

I was wondering how everyone else manages patching/upgrades for apache. Latest doesnt mean greatest, we typically dont install the newest patches for our OS's. We typically run 3-6 months behind, to let fixes get fixed before installing them. Does anyone here have a written detailed plan... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Which tool to Patch SOL 9? - 3 tools found

I have found 3 different tools to patch Solaris 9: 1. Patch Check Advanced (PCA) by Martin Paul BigAdmin: Solaris Information Center - Patching Support Patch Check Advanced 2. Update Manager from Sun Sun Connection 3. pkg-get, wget, etc. from Blastwave.org Blastwave.org - How to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johne1
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

RedHat patch date?

Other than looking at the dates when pkgs were applied in /var/log/yum.log* how can I tell when the last time a RedHat system was patched? My systems don't have regular access to the web. Thanks in advance. ---------- Post updated at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:27 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: toor13
0 Replies
SHAPE_PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SHAPE_PATCH(1)

NAME
shape_patch - shapeTools RMS generate patch file SYNOPSIS
shape patch OLDRELEASE=<name1> NEWRELEASE=<name2> [PATCHFILE=<filename>] DESCRIPTION
Shape patch generates a patch file for updating $(OLDRELEASE) to $(NEWRELEASE). Both releases are identified by release names associated with the macros OLD-/NEWRELEASE on the command line. Valid release names are those generated by any of the shape_RMS (pre-)release building procedures (see shape_releas(1)). Performing 'vl -all' with the release identification file as argument usually gives a good overview of existing release names. Patch generation happens recursively over all subsystems being part of the current node. Hence, triggering shape patch from the top node of the central source repository creates a patch file for the whole system. The output of shape patch is stored in a file named <name1>+2+<name2>.pat. When the PATCHFILE macro is set on the command line, $(PATCH- FILE) is taken as output file name instead. Defining PATCHFILE=- on the command line causes the patch to be written to standard output. Note: For patches invoking multiple subsystems, $(PATCHFILE) should be set to an absolute pathname. If not, the patch generation procedure will leave an equally named patch file for each visited subsystem. The patch is constructed using the vdiff(1) command and can be applied to any installation of $(OLDRELEASE) by invoking patch(1). INCONVENIENCES
On System V machines, the generated patch file name will almost certainly exceed the 14 characters filename length limit. SEE ALSO
shape_releas(1), vdiff(1), patch(1) FILES
<name1>+2+<name2>.pat 21.8.119 SHAPE_PATCH(1)