Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux What linux distribution is good? Post 302534562 by mark54g on Tuesday 28th of June 2011 07:57:35 AM
Old 06-28-2011
I would say that OpenSUSE is a good compromise between being very powerful, relatively intuitive as well as user friendly

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Good website for Linux new-comers...

They have an interesting approach to HOW-TO files... for the newbie, by the ex-newbie. Check it out: http://www.linuxnewbie.org/nhf/intel/index.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is Linux 7.2 Redhat a good start for a newbie

Never used UNIX before. Is Linux redhat 7.2 a good start? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: derek
6 Replies

3. Linux

Looking for a good book to learn LINUX

I have just transferred from an mainframe DB2 area to an area that uses LINUX. Any suggestions for a good book to buy for learning LINUX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigdawg
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

good mp3 player for linux

Hi all i am lookign for a good mp3 player under linux which runs nicely with an amd64 (x86-64) enverioment. i used too use xmms but i just found out that there are no active develepors anymore (last active developer logged in on forum somewhere in augustus 2005) so does someone knows a good... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jurrien
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

which linux is good for unix ?

hi ... i want to use linux for unix , please suggest me which linux i should use thanks regards sanjeev (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjeev1
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please recommend a good Unix or Linux book

I looking to broaden my knowledge in Unix/Linux. I have taken some basic classes in the past and tinkered a little with operating system at home.. What i am looking for is if someone could suggest a good book or class or both to help out. Looking at getting a Unix or Linux Certification. I work... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: harlemi
7 Replies

7. Linux

Need a suggestion about a good Linux Distribution

Hi, I am a teacher of an technical institution. I used to teach Unix and Shell Programing in the institute. I use Fedora Distribution but now a days I am having a problem with hardware support and Driver of this distribution. Can any one suggest me a good distribution where I can get all I need... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dearanik
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Good way to check firewall port on Linux centos 7

Hi, I need to know what kind of firewall settings does the linux box have? Is port 25 blocked in any way? Linux techx 3.10.0-514.10.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Mar 3 00:04:05 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I'm coming from this thread. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
IPCS(1) 							   User Commands							   IPCS(1)

NAME
ipcs - provide information on ipc facilities SYNOPSIS
ipcs [-asmq] [-tclup] ipcs [-smq] -i id ipcs -h DESCRIPTION
ipcs provides information on the ipc facilities for which the calling process has read access. The -i option allows a specific resource id to be specified. Only information on this id will be printed. Resources may be specified as follows: -m shared memory segments -q message queues -s semaphore arrays -a all (this is the default) The output format may be specified as follows: -t time -p pid -c creator -l limits -u summary SEE ALSO
ipcrm(1), ipcmk(1) CONFORMING TO
The Linux ipcs utility is not fully compatible to the POSIX ipcs utility. The Linux version does not support the -b and -o options, but does support the -l and -u options not defined by POSIX. The portable application shall not use the -a, -b, -o, -l, and -u options. AUTHOR
krishna balasubramanian (balasub@cis.ohio-state.edu) AVAILABILITY
The ipcs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux February 2008 IPCS(1)