Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Endangered Freedom ?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Endangered Freedom ? Post 302534497 by ctsgnb on Tuesday 28th of June 2011 04:25:57 AM
Old 06-28-2011
@bakounin

Thanks for your feedback, I sincerly apologize if it made you uncomfortable.

I am not willing to waste bandwith of this site in any way.

I posted that thread in the "Lounge" forum which is entitled "What's on your mind", so i think if there is one section in this site where we can have opened discussion and not only "computer focused" i thought it was the relevant one.

By the way, i initially just wanted to share a link that - i think - could also interest some other people.

I didn't plan to go so far in telling what i think but since i have then been asked for giving more details about what was in my mind, i just went on.

Anyway, it was nice and interesting to read you both. Thanks for having taken the time to share your thoughts.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

The Journey of OpenJDK 6 into Fedora, EPEL, and freedom - podcast with Tom Fitzsimmon

The first morning of JavaOne was a great serendipitous event. How often does something fall into place like this: I saw Barton George, who looks after Sun’s relationships with Linux communities, and we decided to cook up a podcast about OpenJDK 6 in Fedora 9. As we walked to the recording room,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

Happy Document Freedom Day

Document Freedom Day (DFD) is a global grassroots effort* to promote and build awareness of the importance of free document formats in particular and open standards in general.* If you have ever received a document from a friend that your software could not open, then you know the frustration of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies
WORDS(5)						     Linux Programmers Manual							  WORDS(5)

NAME
irish - a list of Irish words DESCRIPTION
/usr/share/dict/irish is an ASCII file which contains an alphabetic list of words, one per line. FILES
/etc/dictionaries-common/words is a symbolic link to a /usr/share/dict/<language> file. /usr/share/dict/words is a symbolic link to /etc/dictionaries-common/words, and is the name by which other software should refer to the system word list. See select-default- wordlist(8) for more information. The directory /usr/share/dict can contain word lists for many languages, with name of the language in English, e.g., /usr/share/dict/french and /usr/share/dict/danish contain respectively lists of French and Danish words if they exist. Such lists should be coded using the ISO 8859-1 character set encoding. SEE ALSO
ispell(1), select-default-wordlist(8), and the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard. HISTORY
The words lists are not specific, and may be generated from any number of sources. The system word list used to be /usr/dict/words. For compatibility, software should check that location if /usr/share/dict/words does not exist. AUTHOR
Alastair McKibstry <mckinstry@computer.org> Kevin Scannell Linux 29 Sept 1998 WORDS(5)