Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to output data with only an specific string on it Post 302534488 by itkamaraj on Tuesday 28th of June 2011 04:10:17 AM
Old 06-28-2011
your question is not clear

are you looking for grep command ?

Code:

grep "JOHN" filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to replace a specific string on a specific line number using variables

using sed to replace a specific string on a specific line number using variables this is where i am at grep -v WARNING output | grep -v spawn | grep -v Passphrase | grep -v Authentication | grep -v '/sbin/tfadmin netguard -C'| grep -v 'NETWORK>' >> output.clean grep -n Destination... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: todd.cutting
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific data content from a long list of data

My input: Data name: ABC001 Data length: 1000 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 10 100 90 1 forward 15 200 185 2 reverse 50 500 450 Data name: XFG110 Data length: 100 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 50 100 50 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove a specific line from grep output string

Dear All I want to search string "1000" from input file and if it found i want remove line that contain 1000 and also remove 3 line above it and 2 line below it. INPUT FILE: BHAT-D 2 aaa ID CODE GS UPDATE MODE LANG MCO MCL NUMPAGES 50 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a string a specific value in specific location in AIX

Hi, I have following samp.txt file in unix. samp.txt 01Roy2D3M000000 02Rad2D3M222222 . . . . 10Mik0A2M343443 Desired Output 01Roy2A3M000000 02Rad2A3M222222 . . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output text from 1st paragraph in file w/ a specific string through last paragraph of file w/ string

Hi, I'm trying to output all text from the first paragraph in a file that contains a specific string through the last paragraph in that file that contains that string. Previously, I was outputting just each paragraph with that search string with: cat in_file | nawk '{RS=""; FS="\n";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carpenn
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

substitute a string on a specific position for specific lines

I woud like to substitue a string on a specific position for specific lines I've got a file and I would like to change a specific string from "TOCHANGE" to "ABCABCAB" For every line (except 1,2, 3 and the last one) , I need to check between the 9th and the 16th digits. For the 3rd line, I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BSF
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Detect Specific Pattern and Print the Specific String after It?

I'm still beginner and maybe someone can help me. I have this input: the great warrior a, b, c and what i want to know is, with awk, how can i detect the string with 'warrior' string on it and print the a, b, and c seperately, become like this : Warrior Type a b c Im still very... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: radynaraya
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a specific String in a log file for a specific date range

Hi, I have log file which rolls out every second which is as this. HttpGenRequest - -<!--OXi dbPublish--> <created="2014-03-24 23:45:37" lastMsgId="" requestTime="0.0333"> <response request="getOutcomeDetails" code="114" message="Request found no matching data" debug="" provider="undefined"/>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikprakash
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read all data after a specific string from a text file ?

Hi, I have a file(input.txt) and trying to format as output.txt. See the attached file format. Note: This is a windows file (DOS format) and the commands are also going to execute on windows. Basically I am trying to capture all the data in between Local Group Memberships and Global Group... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monoj2014
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search specific string logfile specific date range

Hi, I have logfile like this.. === 2014-02-09 15:46:59,936 INFO RequestContext - URL: '/eyisp/sc/skins/EY/images/pickers/comboBoxPicker_Over.png', User-Agent: 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko': Unsupported with Accept-Encoding header === 2015-02-09... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishk
8 Replies
Tangram::Type::Dump::Perl(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Tangram::Type::Dump::Perl(3pm)

NAME
Tangram::Type::Dump::Perl - map any Perl object as scalar dump SYNOPSIS
use Tangram::Core; use Tangram::Type::Dump::Perl; # always $schema = Tangram::Schema->new( classes => { NaturalPerson => { fields => { perl_dump => { diary => # diary is a perl hash { col => 'diarydata', sql => 'TEXT', indent => 0, terse => 1, purity => 0 }, lucky_numbers => 'int', # use defaults } DESCRIPTION
Maps arbitrary Perl data structures by serializing to a string representation. The persistent fields are grouped in a hash under the "perl_dump" key in the field hash. Serialization is done by Data::Dumper, which traverses the Perl data structure and creates a string representation of it. The resulting string will be mapped to the DBMS as a scalar value. During restore, the scalar value will be eval'd to reconstruct the original data structure. As of Tangram 2.07.1, persistent references are safely handled via the Tangram::Type::Dump utility class. The field names are passed in a hash that associates a field name with a field descriptor. The field descriptor may be either a hash or a string. The hash uses the following fields: * col * sql * indent * terse * purity The optional fields "col" and "sql" specify the column name and the column type for the scalar value in the database. If not present, "col" defaults to the field name and "sql" defaults to VARCHAR(255). Values will be always quoted as they are passed to the database. The remaining optional fields control the serialization process. They will be passed down to Data::Dumper as values to the corresponding Data::Dumper options. The default settings are: no indentation ("indent=0"), compact format ("terse=1"), and quick dump ("purity=0"). AUTHOR
This mapping was contributed by Gabor Herr <herr@iti.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> perl v5.8.8 2006-03-29 Tangram::Type::Dump::Perl(3pm)