Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers To compare first two columns in an excel file Post 302534419 by Peasant on Tuesday 28th of June 2011 01:17:15 AM
Old 06-28-2011
Try if this awk fills your requirement (can be shorter probably Smilie )
Code:
awk '{if ($1==$2) print $0 FS "green"; else print $0 FS "red" } ' inputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

use awk to read randomly located columns in an excel file

Hi, I have an excel file that have a random count of columns/fields and what im trying to do is to only retrieve all the rows under 2 specific field headers. I can use the usually command for awk which is awk 'print{ $1 $2}' > output.txt, but the location of the 2 specific field headers is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdap
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert fields from a text file to excel columns

i have this file which has the following contents: ,-0.3000 ,-0.3000 ,-0.3000 ,-0.9000 ,-0.9000 ,-0.9000 i would like to get this: -0.3-0.9-0.3-0.9-0.3-0.9 so far i am trying: awk '{for(i=1; i<=NF; i++) {printf("%f\n",$i)}}' test1 > test2 any help... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare file columns

I need help in file comparision. I have two files in below format: FILE_A: ------- COL1 COL2 COL3 COL4 COL5 FILE_B: ------- COL1A COL1B COL1C COL1D COL1E i want to compare for a for each row in FILE_A and FILE_B COL1 of FILE_A with COL1B of FILE_B COL3 of FILE_A with COL1E of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learnoutmore99
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sort columns in excel(csv) file

i want sort columns with headers based on another file headers file1 eg: i'm having an empty file with only coumn names like lastname firstname title expirydate stlcno status etc... another file with same column names and some other as well but in different order... file2 eg:firstname... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Man83Nagesh
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete columns with numbers in an excel file?

Dear all, I have one file (see below) with more then 100 columns and 2500 rows, and need only column which has GType in label with Alphabets, please help me to remove these columns with numbers. input file is n.201.GType n-201.Theta n-201.R n_1.GType n_1.Theta n_1.R... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AAWT
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for string in a file then compare it with excel files entry

All, i have a file text.log: cover6 cover3 cover2 cover4 other file is abc.log as : 0 0 1 0 Then I have a excel file result.xls that contains: Name Path Pass cover2 cover3 cover6 cover4 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anamika08
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Multiple Columns in one file

Hello guys, I am quite new to Shell Scripting and I need help for this I have a CSV file like this: Requisition,Order,RequisitionLineNumber,OrderLineNumber REQ1,Order1,1,1 REQ1,Order1,1,3 REQ2,Order2,1,5 Basically what I want to do is compare the first 3 fields If all 3 fields are the same... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffreybsu
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two date columns in same file

Hi All, Need to compare two date columns from the filname FinalDate.txt. My data's are like below D_OT_START D_EXP_STR Amount 1/3/2012 1/3/2012 5000 6/21/2011 6/25/2011 6000 2/28/2011 2/28/2011 7000 7/16/2010 8/16/2010 8000 7/14/2010 10/26/2010 9000 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_target
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need specific columns in a log file as excel.

Hi All... I am in need of few columns from a log file.. in .xls file... below is what i have tried. my log file has 16 colums with " ; " as delimiter, but i need randomn columns 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 16 in an excel. I tried to awk the columns with delimiter ; and it worked, below is the log... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanz143
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading specific range of columns in an Excel file

Hi All, I want to read an excel file. PFA excel, I want to read the cloumn from A to G and the V to AH starting from Row number 3. Please help me on this. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhisrajput
7 Replies
pfspad(1)						      General Commands Manual							 pfspad(1)

NAME
pfspad - Add borders to a frame in PFS stream SYNOPSIS
pfspad [--left <columns>] [--right <columns>] [--top <rows>] [--bottom <rows>] [--width <new_width>] [--height <new_height>] [--R <val>] [--G <val>] [--B <val>] [--Y <val>] [--help] DESCRIPTION
Add borders to each frame in PFS stream. User specifies size of left, right, top and bottom border or size of an output image. Color of borders can be specified as well. OPTIONS
--left <columns>, -l <columns> Width in pixels of the left border. --right <columns>, -r <columns> Width in pixels of the right border. --top <rows>, -t <rows> Height in pixels of the top border. --bottom <rows>, -b <rows> Height in pixels of the bottom border. --width <new_width>, -W <new_width> Width of an output image. Note that --width can be mixed with either --left or --right option. --height <new_height>, -H <new_height> Height of an output image. Note that --height can be mixed with either --top or --bottom option. --R <val>, -R <val>, --G <val>, -G <val>, --B <val>, -B <val> Color of borders in RGB mode. Default color is black, and if some of the components is not specified, its value is set to 0.0. --Y <val>, -Y <val> Color of borders in luminance mode. --help, -h Print a list of commandline options. EXAMPLES
pfsin image.hdr | pfspad --left 50 --bottom 20 | pfsout out.hdr Add 50 columns to the left and 20 rows to the bottom side of image.hdr. Color of borders is default black. pfsin image.hdr | pfspad --top 20 --height 500 --width 400 --R 1.0 | pfsout out.hdr Add 20 rows to the top side of image.hdr and create output image out.hdr 500 pixels in height and 400 pixels in width. Color of bor- ders is set to red. SEE ALSO
pfsin(1) pfsout(1) BUGS
Please report bugs and comments to Dorota Zdrojewska <dzdrojewska@wi.ps.pl>. pfspad(1)