Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert decimal notation to ANSI point code notation Post 302534384 by aavam on Monday 27th of June 2011 07:00:46 PM
Old 06-27-2011
Convert decimal notation to ANSI point code notation

wondering if anyone has any thoughts to convert the below thru a shell script

Convert decimal signalling point notation to ANSI point code notation

There is a site that does that conversion but i need to implement the solution in a shell script.....Thoughts....

Example:

From Dec: 1254784
To ANSI: 19-37-128

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Convert scientific notation to normal ?

Hell friends, I wrote a script gets the summation of particular column using awk. The awk output is given in scientific notation. How do I convert the scientific notation to normal. My awk syntax : awk '{sum += $2} END { printf sum }' temprep.txt Out put is like 1.5365e+07 I want it as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maheshsri
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Scientific Notation

Hello there, I have a script that must be written in bash that has to deal with reading in values from a file (in scientific notation), and requires executing some mathematical operations with them. What is the easiest way to go about doing this/converting it to float to use | bc, etc.? ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_57
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rounding scientific notation

Hi Friends, I have following 50,000 records in .txt file. I need to round field 3, 4, & 5 to 3 decimal places. 11|A123|-2.64216408856E01|3.64216408856E01|4.64216408856E-01 11|A123|0|-5.64216408856E01|0 11|A123|0|0|0 11|A123|-99999999|-99999999|-99999999... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppat7046
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

IP Address Notation

In the IP addresses 193.32.156.0/24 and 169.183.0.0/16, what do the /16 and /24 represent? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unsure of sed notation (nu\\t.\*)

This piece of code is in a shell script I'm trying to modify to run on my system. sed s:nu\\t.\*:"nu=0" It's clearly a substitute script which replaces nu\\t.\* with nu = 0. What exactly does nu\\t.\* demarcate though-- I thought it was just the previous nu = xxxxx (which existed and is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: czar21
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

C-script notation

Just a very brief question, but I have a script written in a C-like language possibly tcl with the line set var ... ...All I want to know, is ** multiplication or is it exponentiation? What is the ** operator? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get rid of awk notation

echo 0.633588 1875 | awk '{print $1 * $2 * 1024}' is there a better way to run the above command? it keeps printing out in notation and i do not want that at all. when i run the above, i get: 1.21649e+06 OS: linux language:bash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching notation

Hello, I want to simplify two commands into one. 1st command $type_log_$instance.log.$date.0012nd command $type_log.log.$date.tar.gzInto blue brackets, How do I do to replace the pattern by a blank or _$instance ? $type_log?_$instance].log.$date.*Thank you. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: amazigh42
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: scientific notation to decimal notation

hello folks, I have few values in a log which are in scientific notation. I am trying to convert into actual decimal format or integer but couldn't able to convert. Values in scientific notation: 1.1662986666666665E-4 2.0946799999999998E-4 3.0741333333333333E-6 5.599999999999999E-7... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Convert a numeric to 2 decimal point value

Hi , I have a file which contains text like A|Mau|Code|12|Detail B|Mau|Code|20|Header I want to write a command using awk which will output A|Mau|Code|12.00|Detail B|Mau|Code|20.00|Header I used a command like awk -F"|" {printf "%s|%s|%s|%.2f|%s",$1,$2,$3,$4,$5}' which does the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
4 Replies
PHOTON(1)																 PHOTON(1)

NAME
photon - generates photo albums SYNOPSIS
photon [OPTIONS] [PATH] DESCRIPTION
Photon generates clean, yet configurable, static HTML photo galleries. All of the work is done from the command line, and the resulting output can easily be configured by changing the template files found in /usr/share/photon/templates. To create a new template (skin), first create a new directory: mkdir -p ${HOME}/.photon/templates/my_theme/ Then copy the contents of /usr/share/photon/templates/photonv1/ to this new directory. Photon only needs three files to build pages: index.html used to display the content of a folder image.html used to display the page for an image movie.html used to display the page for a movie If a file is missing, then photon will throw an error and will not run. HOW TO BUILD A GALLERY
Quick start $ photon -o myoutputdir /photos Use the gimp plugin $ photon --resize-plugin=gimp -v -o myoutputdir /photos Change the size for all images and the thumbnail and keep the original photo $ photon --sizelist=0,1600x1200,800x600 --thumbsize=320x240 -o myoutputdir /photos Create a gallery from your custom template (skin) $ photon -k my_theme -o myoutputdir /photos See photon help $ photon --help OPTIONS
-a | --awstats Insert Javascript for Awstats --awstats-url=URL Change default value for Awstats script url -c NAME | --comment Name of the comment file (default .comments) -d NUM | --display-columns=NUM Number of columns in index (default 3) -E | --no-exif Don't include EXIF information in HTML file -f | --force Overwrite non-image generated files (html, javascript, etc) (default no) -ff | --force --force Overwrite image files (default no) -h | --help Print this help -I | --no-index Do not generate the high level index.html -J | --no-javascript Do not use javascript (no shortcuts, ... ) -k | --skin=THEME Skin selector (default photonv1) --print-skins Print out available skins (templates) -l NUM | --display-lines=NUM Number of lines in index (default 5) -m | --movie Movie mode, include link to movie (*.mov) -o NAME | --output-directory=NAME Name of the output directory -s LIST | --sizelist=LIST Image sizes (default 0,1024x768,800x600,640x480). Zero, which is the default, uses the original resolution. W x H specifies the width and height of the image in pixels. -t SIZE | --thumbsize=SIZE Size of thumbnails (default 160x120) -v | --verbose Verbosely print information -V | --version Print program version number -z | --compress Compress the original image if selected (default copy the image) --exif-bordercolor=COLOR Exif window border color (default #008000) --exif-bgcolor=COLOR Exif window background color (default #f0fff0) --exif-fgcolor=COLOR Exif window text color (default black) --body-bgcolor=COLOR Body background color (default #ccccff) --img-bgcolor=COLOR Image background color (default white) --exclude=PATTERN Exclude files matching PATTERN --resize-plugin=PLUG Where PLUG is the program used to create thumbnails internal: fastest method (default) gimp: use Gimp>1.x (better quality) --resize-quality-low=NUM Quality for small image. 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --resize-quality-high=NUM Quality for big image 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --gimp-program=PROG use PROG for gimp SHORTCUTS WHILE VIEWING AN IMAGE
n/SPACE Go to the next image (with the same resolution) p/BACKSPACE Go to the previous image (with the same resolution) s Start/Stop the slideshow +/- Increase/Decrease by one second the slideshow's period h Show shortcut and help i Show Exif information z Change to the higher resolution [NOT YET IMPLEMENTED] SEE ALSO
gimp(1) AUTHOR
Written by Luc Saillard, <luc@saillard.org> Main web site: http://www.saillard.org/programs_and_patches/photon/ This manual page was written by Kevin Coyner <kcoyner@debian.org> for the Debian project but may be used by others. 12/16/2006 PHOTON(1)