Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu How to list my program or package that i compile and installed? Post 302534315 by jim mcnamara on Monday 27th of June 2011 12:48:29 PM
Old 06-27-2011
visit this page:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AptGet/Howto

I'm not sure what you want exactly, but there are some starting points. You may NOT have dlocate on your system, so install it. There is no one command that is exactly like Solaris pkginfo:
Read about these on the above page.

dpkg -S, dpkg -L, dlocate, apt-file search

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to check if a package is already installed?

Hi All, I want to check if the perl DBI package is already installed my AIX unix machine. is there any command to check this? Please help. Thanks, Am (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: am_yadav
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

how to package my program which can be installed on HP UX

I develop a unix program in HPUX I want to package my program to install on HPUX in some dierctory folder like /user/local/sbin/xxx and preinstall some software before install my program package like xxx.depot how can i do it, have any tools like use setupfactory tools in windows ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
4 Replies

3. Linux

Find installed location of a relocatable package

Hi, I am finding the installed location of a package by: rpm -qi <package_name> And then parse the string "Relocations". If i relocate this package during installation with --relocate option , the "Relocations" string still shows the old value. Though the package has been installed on the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
0 Replies

4. AIX

How to compile a package in AIX when we download its source?

How to compile a package surce in AIX when we download its source? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Download same package as installed

Hi gurus, how to (just) download already installed package ? I tried sudo apt-get -d install putty but gives me Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done putty is already the newest version. 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Package needs to be installed for using pam_mkhomedir.so?

Hi, What is the necessary package that needs to be installed for using pam_mkhomedir.so in pam.conf file? And from where can i get that file? Is that package already shipped with Solaris 10? Because when i use that file i am getting "open_module: stat(/usr/lib/security/pam_mkhomedir.so)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sathya47
1 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Check that supersede of package version is installed

I need a programmatic way to check, that supersede of required package is installed. At Linux I do it using rpmvercm utility to compare installed package version to my minimal requirement. So - I need analog of Linux "rpmvercm" utility for Solaris (10/11) Let us say - I know that minimal version... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuismanm
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Finding the path to an executable , installed package

Hi all, Recently i wanted to see if i have openssl installed in my system (solaris 10), so i do this (not sure if this is the right way to do this) pkginfo -i | grep -i "ssl" system SUNWopenssl-commands OpenSSL Commands (Usr) system SUNWopenssl-include ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How-to verify if my package installed successfully

Can you please let me know how can i verify /check inside the script if the below to package installation commands are successful or if they failed for any reasons? 1. pkgadd -a $INSTP/install/dadmin -d $INSTP/install/apachesrv.pkg 2. pkgadd -a $INSTP/install/dadmin -d... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies
PULL-LP-SOURCE(1)					      General Commands Manual						 PULL-LP-SOURCE(1)

NAME
pull-lp-source - download a source package from Launchpad SYNOPSIS
pull-lp-source [options] source package [release|version] DESCRIPTION
pull-lp-source downloads and extracts the specified version of <source package> from Launchpad, or the latest version of the specified release. To request a version from a particular pocket say release-pocket (with a magic -release for only the release pocket). If no ver- sion or release is specified, the latest version in the development release will be downloaded. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for pull-lp-source: source package This is the source package that you would like to be downloaded from Launchpad. version This is the version of the source package to be downloaded. release This is the release that you would like the source package to be downloaded from. This value defaults to the current development release. -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -d, --download-only Do not extract the source package. -m UBUNTU_MIRROR, --mirror=UBUNTU_MIRROR Use the specified Ubuntu mirror. Should be in the form http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu. If the package isn't found on this mir- ror, pull-lp-source will fall back to Launchpad, as its name implies. --no-conf Do not read any configuration files, or configuration from environment variables. ENVIRONMENT
All of the CONFIGURATION VARIABLES below are also supported as environment variables. Variables in the environment take precedence to those in configuration files. DIST Specifies the default target. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The following variables can be set in the environment or in ubuntu-dev-tools(5) configuration files. In each case, the script-specific variable takes precedence over the package-wide variable. PULL_LP_SOURCE_UBUNTU_MIRROR, UBUNTUTOOLS_UBUNTU_MIRROR The default value for --mirror. SEE ALSO
dget(1), pull-debian-source(1), pull-debian-debdiff(1), ubuntu-dev-tools(5) AUTHOR
pull-lp-source and this manual page were written by Iain Lane <iain@orangesquash.org.uk>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. ubuntu-dev-tools 4 August 2008 PULL-LP-SOURCE(1)