Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Good book to learn C
Top Forums Programming Good book to learn C Post 302534264 by alister on Monday 27th of June 2011 09:36:50 AM
Old 06-27-2011
You have plenty of choices. gcc. gcc frontend feeding llvm backend. clang. I have access to an old OS X 10.4 (Tiger) machine and it came with an Apple build of gcc.

Some more info on compilers for Snow Leopard: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard: the Ars Technica review

Regards,
Alister

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Looking for a good book to learn LINUX

I have just transferred from an mainframe DB2 area to an area that uses LINUX. Any suggestions for a good book to buy for learning LINUX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigdawg
1 Replies

2. Programming

book to learn pro c\c++

can any one help me and told me about a good books to learn 1- pro c/c++ under unix 2- programming network using c under unix thnx in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kazanoova2
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any book to learn perl scripting

Hi, Please suggest me any good book to learn pearl scripting. Thanks in advance !!!!:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkvishwakarma6
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recommended book to learn about unix administration?

My knowledge is weak in understanding NIS servers, setting up user accounts, mounting network file systems, clearing stale NFS handles, those sorts of things that I encounter but my IT server team handles. Can anyone recommend a good book on the subject? Something to demystify mount points,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srhadden
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

good book to learn korn shell scripting

which is a gud book to learn advanced korn shell scripting? i know the basic shell scripting (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shishirkotkar
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best book to learn UNIX from the begining

What is the Best book to learn UNIX from the begining? am really a beginner and no nothing about UNIX, so what are the track that i have to trace in order to be a professional in UNIX and scripting? What are the best books to learn it and what are the certificates such as CCNA in networks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eng.pirlo
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the best book to learn linux kernel?

I'm looking for a book to learn Linux Kernel Now I got a basic C and operating system concept Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Runicer
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Book to learn Perl

Hi guys, which book are you raccomand to start learn Perl from the ground ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
1 Replies

9. Programming

Can u tell me an good e-book to learn "C"

Actually I know bit of C++ and Java & C# for a extend. But when I have tried to go through some online exams of C++, I have found out that there's a lot for me to learn in C++ also. And as I Believe, most of the things are the once that C++, got from C. Actually I'm good with those OOP concepts... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nohim Ys
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a good book to learn UNIX Shell Scripting

I'm going to be starting a job in a month or so that I need to brush up on my Unix shell scripting skills. About 15 years ago, I took a college class for Unix shell scripting. I would like to find a good college book again, rather than just going to Amazon and just buying anything. This is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorlow
2 Replies
FBREADER(1)						      General Commands Manual						       FBREADER(1)

NAME
FBReader - e-book reader SYNOPSIS
FBReader [-zlui ui-type] [ui-specific options] [-lang language] [e-book] DESCRIPTION
FBReader is an e-book reader. It supports most open e-book formats, and can read compressed e-book archives. For more information on using the program, see the "About FBReader" button on its toolbar. OPTIONS
-zlui ui-type Try to start FBReader with the specified uu type. Supported ui types are gtk (to use Gtk+ library), qt (Qt 3 library) and qt4 (Qt 4 library). ui-specific options Standard options from the UI library you use (Gtk+, Qt3 or Qt4). -lang language Language for user interface. Current version (0.12.0) of fbreader supports Arabic (specify -lang ar option), Chinese (-lang zh), Czech (-lang cs), Dutch (-lang nl), English (-lang en), Finnish (-lang fi), French (-lang fr), German (-lang de), Hungarian (-lang hu), Indonesian (-lang id), Italian (-lang it), Lithuanian (-lang lt), Russian (-lang ru), Spanish (-lang es) and Swedish (-lang sv) and Ukrainian (-lang uk). e-book Name of file to open. If this parameter is missing or if FBReader cannot open the specified file, the last opened file will be reopened. If you start FBReader for the first time or the last opened file is missing, "About FBReader" text will be opened. AUTHOR
This man page was written by Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> and Nikolay Pultsin <geometer@fbreader.org> for the Debian system, but may be freely reused on other systems. FBREADER(1)