Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Apply condition on fixed width file and filter records Post 302534251 by zaxxon on Monday 27th of June 2011 09:16:12 AM
Old 06-27-2011
Please post some example lines using code tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fixed Width file using AWK

I am using the following command at the Unix prompt to make my 'infile' into a fixed width file of 100 characters. awk '{printf "%-100s\n",$0}' infile > outfile However, there are some records with a special character "©" These records are using 3 characters in place of one and my record... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok.benjwal
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting records with unique fields from a fixed width txt file

Greetings, I would like to extract records from a fixed width text file that have unique field elements. Data is structured like this: John A Smith NY Mary C Jones WA Adam J Clark PA Mary Jones WA Fieldname / start-end position Firstname 1-10... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sitney
8 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Help with Fixed width File Parsing

I am trying to parse a Fixed width file with data as below. I am trying to assign column values from each record to variables. When I parse the data, the spaces in all coumns are dropped. I would like to retain the spaces as part of the dat stored in the variables. Any help is appreciated. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sate911
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fixed-Width file from Oracle

Hi All, I have created a script which generates FIXED-WIDTH file by executing Oracle query. SELECT RPAD(NVL(col1,CHR(9)),20)||NVL(col2,CHR(9))||NVL(col3,CHR(9) FROM XYZ It generates the data file with proper alignment. But if same file i transfer to windows server or Mainframe... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manupulating Records in a fixed width file

I am trying to determine what would be a fast and simple way to manipulate data that comes in a fixed width format. This data has 6 segments within a record. Each record needs to written out with a header and the 6 segments. Based on the value in column #6 the fields will be defined accordingly.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muga801
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two fixed width file

Hi Guys I am checking the treads to get the answer but i am not able to get the answer for my question. I have two files. First file is a pattern file and the second file is the file i want to search in it. Output will be the lines from file2. File1: P2797f12af 44751228... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshul_er
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Length of a fixed width file

I have a fixed width file of length 53. when is try to get the lengh of the record of that file i get 2 different answers. awk '{print length;exit}' <File_name> The above code gives me length 50. wc -L <File_name> The above code gives me length 53. Please clarify on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amrutha24
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alter Fixed Width File

Thank u so much .Its working fine as expected. ---------- Post updated at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:46 PM ---------- I need one more help. I have another file(fixed length) that will get negative value (ex:-00000000003000) in postion (98 - 112) then i have to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinus
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command -Filter rows in fixed width file based on column values

Hi All, I am trying to select the rows in a fixed width file based on values in the columns. I want to select only the rows if column position 3-4 has the value AB I am using cut command to get the column values. Is it possible to check if cut -c3-4 = AB is true then select only that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.k
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter duplicate records from csv file with condition on one column

I have csv file with 30, 40 columns Pasting just three column for problem description I want to filter record if column 1 matches CN or DN then, check for values in column 2 if column contain 1235, 1235 then in column 3 values must be sequence of 2345, 2345 and if column 2 contains 6789, 6789... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
5 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.1 2008-04-04 URI::URL(3)