Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris The .profile file has only exit command Post 302534217 by tejasruthi on Monday 27th of June 2011 07:37:41 AM
Old 06-27-2011
my .profile shows the following details.anybody can explain me what does each line does
in UNIX.
TMPDIR=/tmp
ORACLE_HOME=/user2/oracle
ORACLE_SID=TPT
export ORACLE_HOME ORACLE_SID
TK2DEV=cvt100
export TK2DEV
EDITOR=vi
APIPATH=/user2/oracle/rdbms/admin/terminal
ORACLE_OWNER=oracle
PATH=$PATH:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:$ORACLE_HOME:$ORACLE_HOME/bin:/opt/SUNWspro/bin:/user2/oracle/lib:/user2/oracle/sqlreport/admin/terminal:/user8/aglgdr/ent
MANPATH=/opt/SUNWwabi/man:/usr/openwin/share/man:/usr/man:/user8
TERM=vt100
ORACLE_TERM=vt100
MENU5PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/forms30/admin/resource
ORATERMPATH=$ORACLE_HOME/forms30/admin/resource
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/user2/oracle/lib:/usr/lib
ORAKITPATH=$ORACLE_HOME/sqlreport/admin/terminal
export ORACLE_TERM MENU5PATH ORATERMPATH
export ORACLE_OWNER PATH TERM LD_LIBRARY_PATH ORAKITPATH
export APIPATH EDITOR MANPATH
cd /user8/aglgdr
stty erase 
ksh -o vi
EXINIT='set ai redraw nu showmode'
export EXINIT

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

profile script command syntax

Following is my /etc/profile script. Everything above the asterisks executes as expected. Nothing below the asterisks executes as I would like it to. Any guidance on what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated :-) #ident "@(#)profile 1.18 98/10/03 SMI" /* SVr4.0 1.3 */ # The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mufasa
3 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

creating a new profile from command line

Does any1 know how to preform such an operation on a mac? any help appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exit command

Hi All, Having just started using Unix after a long time on VMS, I end up having multiple Unix and VMS sessions open. Is there a way I can set up a symbol or something so that "lo" means "exit" and exits my session ? On VMS, if I wanted to do the opposite of this I would do it like this : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdines
3 Replies

4. Solaris

/etc/profile file edited. No command working

I have X4500 and I created a user. I wanted to give him root privileges and for editing the sudoers files I typed visudo sudoers. But it said visudo command not found. After googling I found that we need to set path in etc/profile. I edited that and put the following command ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharu_sri
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with exit command

Problem with exit command ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi, I am executing script written by other user. I am executing script A.ksh, and A.ksh calls B.ksh. But It is giving error: /home/user/B.ksh: exit: -1: unknown option When I checked... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shreyas
3 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Problem using a top command alias in my profile

Hi- I am newish to the mac osx unix interface. I want to set up top so that it always displays the username. I can use this command to do this: top -ocpu -P ' PID COMMAND %CPU TIME #TH #PRTS #MREGS RPRVT RSHRD RSIZE VSIZE USER' -p '$aaaa ^bbbbbbbbb $cccc $wwwwwww $ee... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mikey11415
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

alias command within .profile

Please could someone advise me the command - to set up aliases commands within a .profile using shell sh regards venhart (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Equivalents of tee command to find exit status of command

Hi, Want to log the output of command & check the exit status to find whether it succeeded or failed. > ls abc ls: abc: No such file or directory > echo $? 1 > ls abc 2>&1 | tee log ls: abc: No such file or directory > echo $? 0 Tee commands changes my exit status to be always... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
7 Replies

9. AIX

Bypass Read Line in profile through AIX command

Hi All, I have a complicated requirement where in I have a "root" user and a user named "xeadmin" I want to take sudo of "xeadmin" by command sudo su - xeadmin. Later i need to hit 2 enter keys as there are 2 read line commands inserted in profile of "xeadmin" and I reach command prompt, i need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiteshsathawane
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Command Understanding :- . $PWD/.profile

Hi, I am new in unix, can anyone please explain the use of:- . $PWD/.profile Thanks, Sujoy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujoyrchowdhury
5 Replies
kgmon(8)							    Unsupported 							  kgmon(8)

Name
       kgmon - generate a dump of the operating system's profile buffers

Syntax
       /etc/kgmon [ options ] [ system ] [ memory ]

Description
       The command is used when profiling the operating system.  When no arguments are supplied, indicates the state of operating system profiling
       as running, off, or not configured.  For further information, see If the option is specified, extracts profile data from the operating sys-
       tem and produces a file suitable for later analysis by

The  file  is first converted to a format suitable for by using the filter. The command dumps the kernel profiling data for all the proces-
       sors in the system. The command is used to create a file suitable for analysis by for any or all the processors in the system.

Options
       -b   Resumes the collection of profile data.

-h   Stops the collection of profile data.

-p   Dumps the contents of the profile buffers into a file.

-r   Resets all the profile buffers.  If the option is also specified, the file is generated before the buffers are reset.

If neither nor is specified, the state of profiling collection remains unchanged.  For example, if the option is specified and profile data
       is  being  collected,  profiling  will be momentarily suspended, the operating system profile buffers will be dumped, and profiling will be
       immediately resumed.

Diagnostics
       Users with only read permission on cannot change the state of profiling collection.  They can get a file with the warning that the data may
       be inconsistent if profiling is in progress.

Files
       Default system

Default memory

See Also
       gprof(1), config(8), kgconv(8)

kgmon(8)