Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract a value from log
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract a value from log Post 302533879 by dreamgirl314 on Saturday 25th of June 2011 08:33:10 AM
Old 06-25-2011
Thank you, but the thing is I am extracting the value line by line from the log.

/***************************************/
cat $LOG | while read LINE
do
# Obtain the value time from each request
REQUEST=?

/******************************************/

Could you tell me how to modify the above command for this purpose.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract a portion of log file

hello, I want to grep the log file according to time and get the portion of log from one particular time to other. I can grep for individual lines by time but how should I print lines continuously from given start time till end till given end time. Appreciate your ideas, Thanks chandra (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandra004
8 Replies

2. AIX

need to extract info from log files

hi guys i need to extract information from log files generated by an application. log file has the following lines for each process.. ---------------------------------------------- Fri Aug 03 12:06:43 WST 2007 INFO: Running project PROJECT1 Fri Aug 03 12:06:43 WST 2007 INFO: Source Files... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirantalla
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: Log data extract

So I got this old webapp doing some strange format with its logging and I need to extract only specific parts. Basically the format of the log goes: Date:<space>timestamp User:<space>userid AppID:<space>applicationid Duration:<space>time(ms) <line> <line> Date:<space>timestamp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kenm0j0
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract last week data from a log

HI, I have a log file (sync.log) in the following format. 05-14 05:34:56 INFO Hxxx Start: Id:xxx 05-14 05:45:32 INFO Hxxx End: Id:xxxx 05-19 11:23:21 INFO Hxxx Start: Id:xxx 05-19 11:34:45 INFO Hxxx End: Id:xxxx 05-20 02:09:47 INFO Hxxx Start: Id:xxx 05-20 02:36:03 INFO Hxxx End: Id:xxx... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenvi
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract certain part of log file?

Hi there, I'm having some problem with UNIX scripting (ksh), perhaps somebody can help me out? For example: ------------ Sample content of my log file (text file): -------------------------------------- File1: .... info_1 ... info_2 ... info_3 ... File2: .... info_1 ... info_2 ...... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract various information from a log file

Hye ShamRock If you can help me with this difficult task for me then it will save my day Logs : ================================================================================================================== ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilvesterJ
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract all ERROR's on LOG File

Hello, As I am still in trouble to easly extract all error's by date in log file, I am deply requesting your help ... Here is an example of one error (the log file may contain a huge amont of error's, I must be able to extract all error for a day in parameter): ***** L1 FILE... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract IP Address from Log File

I have a log file with several IP addresses in it:- 2012-12-06 16:05:05,885 NOTICE **SNMP** Alarm was created: (LicenseClientRejected) Client Remote Peer /125.111.64.125:2573 was Rejected Property=/125.111.64.125:2573, Client Remote Peer /125.111.64.125:2573 was Rejected **SNMP**.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BHM
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract Numbers from a log file

Hi, I am trying to grep/extract the number list from this log file, can I get some help on this. I can grep the word 'href' to see the numbers, but it is resulting with the complete line. Content of my file: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN"> <html> <head>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sajjadmehdi
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from log

I have logs in format ####<01-Mar-2015 03:48:18 o'clock GMT> <info> ####<01-Mar-2015 03:48:20 o'clock GMT> <info> ####<01-Mar-2015 03:48:30 o'clock GMT> <info> ####<01-Mar-2015 03:48:39 o'clock GMT> <info> I am looking out for a script which can extract data of last 15 minutes from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oberoi1403
5 Replies
XINETD.LOG(5)							File Formats Manual						     XINETD.LOG(5)

NAME
xinetd.log - xinetd service log format DESCRIPTION
A service configuration may specify various degrees of logging when attempts are made to access the service. When logging for a service is enabled, xinetd will generate one-line log entries which have the following format (all entries have a timestamp as a prefix): entry: service-id data The data depends on the entry. Possible entry types include: START generated when a server is started EXIT generated when a server exits FAIL generated when it is not possible to start a server USERID generated if the USERID log option is used. NOID generated if the USERID log option is used, and the IDONLY service flag is used, and the remote end does not identify who is trying to access the service. In the following, the information enclosed in brackets appears if the appropriate log option is used. A START entry has the format: START: service-id [pid=%d] [from=%d.%d.%d.%d] An EXIT entry has the format: EXIT: service-id [type=%d] [pid=%d] [duration=%d(sec)] type can be either status or signal. The number is either the exit status or the signal that caused process termination. A FAIL entry has the format: FAIL: service-id reason [from=%d.%d.%d.%d] Possible reasons are: fork a certain number of consecutive fork attempts failed (this number is a configurable parameter) time the time check failed address the address check failed service_limit the allowed number of server instances for this service would be exceeded process_limit a limit on the number of forked processes was specified and it would be exceeded A DATA entry has the format: DATA: service-id data The data logged depends on the service. login remote_user=%s local_user=%s tty=%s exec remote_user=%s verify=status command=%s Possible status values: ok the password was correct failed the password was incorrect baduser no such user shell remote_user=%s local_user=%s command=%s finger received string or EMPTY-LINE A USERID entry has the format: USERID: service-id text The text is the response of the identification daemon at the remote end excluding the port numbers (which are included in the response). A NOID entry has the format: NOID: service-id IP-address reason SEE ALSO
xinetd(1L), xinetd.conf(5) 28 April 1993 XINETD.LOG(5)