Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Trying to copy Using scp facing problem Post 302533683 by vishwakar on Friday 24th of June 2011 11:28:29 AM
Old 06-24-2011
Trying to copy Using scp facing problem

source file is located in (elk.some.com)
/export/elk2/vp141p/Somedir/dist/current/Filename.ear
destination machine(191.hydc.xxx.com)
/export/home/vp141p/ARCHIVE
Code:
scp -p vp141p@hstst191.hydc.sbc.com:/export/elk2/vp141p/PM_Build_SBS/Build_PVT_SBS/dist/current/Filename.ear .

The above code is doing is copying to home directory of remote machinf

But i need to copy it to specific directory
i need to copy it to /export/home/vp141p/ARCHIVE
Code:
scp -p vp141p@hstst191.hydc.sbc.com:/export/elk2/vp141p/PM_Build_SBS/Build_PVT_SBS/dist/current/Filename.ear  /export/home/vp141p/ARCHIVE

it gives error
No such file or directory

But a directory is already there and all the permissions are there

Last edited by vishwakar; 06-24-2011 at 02:26 PM.. Reason: code mismatch

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

facing a problem in redirection

Hi, I am doing this perl script print (@line(1..15)); the lines 1 to 15 get printed... how can i redirect this to file? thanks and regards vivek.s (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
4 Replies

2. Solaris

please help as i am facing problem with uptime

Hi I am getting the uptime output as follows 12:40am up 4 day(s), 18:29, 2 users, load average: 38.97, 36.54, 34.89 The load average is too high . I have checked the processes , but no process is taking too much cpu time Please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy009
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem facing with sed and awk

Hi All, I have a got a problem .. I have t files as below: 1.txt contains ----- ----- ----- column 1, "cat", column 24, "dog", column 100, "rat", ----- ----- ----- 2.sh should contain ----- ----- ----- awk 'BEGIN { printf ("%1s","cat")}' (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
19 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SCP copy

I want to copy all the files and subdirectory from a server. I tried scp pritish@ipaddress:/home/pritish -r $PWD it copies all the files but not the directory, Can any one help me. I want to copy files as well as subdirectory from a server directory Note: Use CODE-tags when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Facing problem with zone

i am using this way to create zone1 and zone2 bash-2.05b# zonecfg -z zone1 zone1: No such zone configured Use 'create' to begin configuring a new zone. zonecfg:zone1> create zonecfg:zone1> set zonepath=/zone/1 zonecfg:zone1> set autoboot=true zonecfg:zone1> add net zonecfg:zone1:net>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: coxmanchester
6 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Facing problem while configuring snmp

HI, I am facing these two errors while configuring snmp can any body guide me. vi /var/log/snmpd.log Error opening specified endpoint "udp:161" Server Exiting with code 1 i also tried bash-3.00# netstat -a | grep snm *.snmpd Idle bash-3.00# lsof -i :161 bash: lsof: command not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir1785
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem facing in if -else condition

can u plz tell me where is the error echo enter the filename to be searched read fname if #-d $fname then echo file exists if then echo itsa directory elif then echo its readable cat $fname else echo its not readable fi else ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gotam
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem facing in using awk command

Hi., I am not able to replace the string with another string using gsub fn of awk command. My code: awk 'BEGIN gsub(004,IND,004)' p.txt and my i/p file p.txt is of the format: av|004|adkf|Kent,004|s av|005|ssdf|Kd,IT park|s . . . and my desired o/p should be of : (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: av_vinay
13 Replies

9. AIX

facing problem using su

Hi, I am able to login using su - or su directly , # prompt is coming, it doesnt ask for password. any normal user on aix system is login using su - or su . Please suggest where to change the configuration direct root login is disabled in /etc/ssh/sshd_config file. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies
FTPFS(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							  FTPFS(4)

NAME
ftpfs - file transfer protocol (FTP) file system SYNOPSIS
ftpfs [ -/dq ] [ -m mountpoint ] [ -a password ] system DESCRIPTION
Ftpfs dials the TCP file transfer protocol (FTP) port, 21, on system and mounts itself (see bind(2)) on mountpoint (default /n/ftp) to pro- vide access to files on the remote machine. If required by the remote machine, ftpfs will prompt for a user name and password. The user names ftp and anonymous conventionally offer guest/read-only access to machines. Anonymous FTP may be called without user interaction by using the -a option and specifying the password. By default the file seen at the mount point is the user's remote home directory. The option -/ forces the mount point to correspond to the remote root. To avoid seeing startup messages from the server use option -q. To see all messages from the server use option -d. To terminate the connection, unmount (see bind(1)) the mount point. EXAMPLE
You want anonymous FTP access to the system export.lcs.mit.edu. The first import(4) command is only necessary if your machine does not have access to the desired system, but another, called gateway in this example, does. import gateway /net ftpfs -a yourname@yourmachine export.lcs.mit.edu SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/ftpfs SEE ALSO
bind(2) BUGS
Symbolic links on remote Unix systems will always have mode 0777 and a length of 8. After connecting to a TOPS-20 system, the mount point will contain only one directory, usually /n/ftp/PS:<ANONYMOUS>. However, walking to any valid directory on that machine will succeed and cause that directory entry to appear under the mount point. Ftpfs caches files and directories. A directory will fall from the cache after 5 quiescent minutes or if the local user changes the direc- tory by writing or removing a file. Otherwise, remote changes to the directory that occur after the directory has been cached might not be immediately visible. There is no way to issue the appropriate commands to handle special synthetic FTP file types such as directories that automatically return a tar of their contents. FTPFS(4)