Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [ask]break line number into several parts Post 302533679 by zvtral on Friday 24th of June 2011 11:21:32 AM
Old 06-24-2011
[ask]break line number into several parts

hlow all,
i have file with wc -l file.txt is 3412112 line number
so I want to break these files into several parts with assumsi line
1-1000000 will be create part1.txt and
1000001-2000000 will create part2.txt and
2000001-3000000 will create part3.txt and
3000001-3412112 will create part4.txt and
this will be continue until all line number 3412112 has finish to create

in my mine i using head and tail but i dont know must todoSmilie ..any have idea for scripting this ...

thx before

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing parts of a line with SED

hi, i'm trying to erase all the characters after, and including, the first test test Output: test1 test2 test3 this is what I tried, but didn't work sed "s/*//" file > testfilename any suggestions? thanks, gammmaman (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gammaman
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting certain parts of a line in perl

I have a filr data.txt. Its contents are Available labels (* indicates activated, I indicates installed, R idicates running): abc-3.0.3 def-3.0.4 xyz-3.1.2-1.0 I want to delete " Available labels (* indicates activated, I indicates installed, R idicates running):" and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i break a text file into parts that occur between a specific pattern

How can i break a text file into parts that occur between a specific pattern? I have text file having various xml many tags like which starts with the tag "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>" . I have to break the whole file into several xmls by looking for the above pattern. All the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinav192
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read contents of a file from a given line number upto line number again specified by user

Hello Everyone. I am trying to display contains of a file from a specific line to a specific line(let say, from line number 3 to line number 5). For this I got the shell script as shown below: if ; then if ; then tail +$1 $3 | head -n $2 else ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grc
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: Break line, read, break again, read again...

...when the lines use both a colon and commas to separate the parts you want read as information. The first version of this script used cut and other non-Bash-builtins, frequently, which made it nice and zippy with little more than average processor load in GNOME Terminal but, predictably, slow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add line break for each line in a file

I cannot seem to get this to work.. I have a file which has about 100 lines, and there is no end of line (line break \n) at the end of each line, and this is causing problem when i paste them into an application. the file looks like this this is a test that is a test balblblablblhblbha... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fedora
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incrementing parts of ten digits number by parts

I have number in file which contains date and serial number: 2013101000. The last two digits are serial number (00). So maximum of serial number is 100. After reaching 100 it becomes 00 with incrementing 10 which is day with max 31. after reaching 31 it becomes 00 and increments 10... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: Natalie
31 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break up file into n number of subsets and run in parallel

Hi Guys, I want to break down one of my input files into say 25 parts , run the same script in parallel and then merge the output into a single script. I have access to computing resources that can deal with 25 files, if I just run the original file the total time is about 15 days every time.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gina.lizar
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split line in 4 parts

Hi Guys, I have file A.txt 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Want Output :- 1 2 3 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract parts of the line

I have a long list of lines in a txt file which i'm only interested to extract the list of domains like the colored ones. domain.com domain.com/page codes $.09 domain.org domain.org/page2/ codes $0.10 domain.net domain.net/page03 codes $0.05 domain.info ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garfish
3 Replies
IDMAP_TDB(8)						    System Administration tools 					      IDMAP_TDB(8)

NAME
idmap_tdb - Samba's idmap_tdb Backend for Winbind DESCRIPTION
The idmap_tdb plugin is the default backend used by winbindd for storing SID/uid/gid mapping tables. In contrast to read only backends like idmap_rid, it is an allocating backend: This means that it needs to allocate new user and group IDs in order to create new mappings. The allocator can be provided by the idmap_tdb backend itself or by any other allocating backend like idmap_ldap or idmap_tdb2. This is configured with the parameter idmap alloc backend. Note that in order for this (or any other allocating) backend to function at all, the default backend needs to be writeable. The ranges used for uid and gid allocation are the default ranges configured by "idmap uid" and "idmap gid". Furthermore, since there is only one global allocating backend responsible for all domains using writeable idmap backends, any explicitly configured domain with idmap backend tdb should have the same range as the default range, since it needs to use the global uid / gid allocator. See the example below. IDMAP OPTIONS
range = low - high Defines the available matching uid and gid range for which the backend is authoritative. If the parameter is absent, Winbind fails over to use the "idmap uid" and "idmap gid" options from smb.conf. EXAMPLES
This example shows how tdb is used as a the default idmap backend. It configures the idmap range through the global options for all domains encountered. This same range is used for uid/gid allocation. [global] # "idmap backend = tdb" is redundant here since it is the default idmap backend = tdb idmap uid = 1000000-2000000 idmap gid = 1000000-2000000 This (rather theoretical) example shows how tdb can be used as the allocating backend while ldap is the default backend used to store the mappings. It adds an explicit configuration for some domain DOM1, that uses the tdb idmap backend. Note that the same range as the default uid/gid range is used, since the allocator has to serve both the default backend and the explicitly configured domain DOM1. [global] idmap backend = ldap idmap uid = 1000000-2000000 idmap gid = 1000000-2000000 # use a different uid/gid allocator: idmap alloc backend = tdb idmap config DOM1 : backend = tdb idmap config DOM1 : range = 1000000-2000000 AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. Samba 3.5 06/18/2010 IDMAP_TDB(8)