Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to capture the cause of the exception using unix shell? Post 302533546 by vidhyaS on Friday 24th of June 2011 03:30:05 AM
Old 06-24-2011
Hi Thanks.. this code is working for me!! can u pls explain this code...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Exception Signal 11 while running JAVA code in UNIX

Hi, when i compile my java code in UNIX using javac, the class file is getting created. But when i try to run the code using java - classpath command, i get the following error. ---------------------------------------- /u/up11/sample/request:>java -classpath /u/up11/sample/request... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish2712
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exception-handling in Shell programs

Hi all, I am writing a set of scripts and some of these are nested within others. I want to be able to execute a single high-level script at the command-line, which in turn may invoke other scripts as required, and when a failure occurs in any of the nested scripts, I want to be able to track... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitu_inmage
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture Shell Script Output To A File

Hi, I am running a shell script called dbProcess.sh which performs shutdown and startup of various Oracle instances we have.At the time of execution the script produces the following output to the command line window $./dbProcess.sh stop #### Run Details ###### Hostname : server-hop-1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture commands in unix SunOS

Hi, I would like to capture commands on Unix SunOS. I am aware of script utility but the problem is Script utility writes to file after a sizeable chunk of data. I need to access each command as they are typed, Is it possible in Unix..? Thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raj_paps
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture RC from SAS Program into K-shell

I am running a SAS program within K-shell. This SAS program gives me return code of 3000. However, when I check return code in my K-shell, it displays RC=2. Can someone tell me how to capture RC from SAS to K-shell? Thanks. Pramodini (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramodini Rode
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture makefile errors in shell script

Hi, I have a bash script which calls a few "make". I would like to know whether the makefile failed with any errors. How do I do that in the script? Thanks, S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryaemlinux
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to unmonitor the mounts in exception file

I am trying to write a shell script for monitoring the file system mount. command I am using will retrieve a output as shown below. /dev/fsv29 2% /apps/rj/pgl/bslSys I also need to add exception mounts in a file and I would like script to ignore the mount which I specify. If I add the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandu123
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Capture a Unix Terminal Session?

Hi All, I want to capture all the operations performed in the terminal. So to achieve this I used “script” command. This works as I expected. But this command captures all the standard output which is redirected to terminal. For example if i “tail” a file, even the tail output is getting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor logs for exception and if exception come then sent an email

Hi Folks, please advise , I have logs generated on unix machine at location /ops/opt/aaa/bvg.log , now sometimes there come exception in these logs also, so I want to write such a script such that it should continuously monitor these logs and whenever any exception comes that is it try to find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuntun27272727
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Capture a Screenshot

Hi All, Suppose I want to take a screenshot of a website say Google and save that image. How should I do it? I tried wget with this but of no help. It just makes a particular file in jpeg format but on opening the same it says corrupted. Although I can edit the jpeg as an HTML file. wget... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
15 Replies
FEENABLEEXCEPT(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					 FEENABLEEXCEPT(3)

NAME
feenableexcept, fedisableexcept, fegetexcept -- floating-point exception masking LIBRARY
Math Library (libm, -lm) SYNOPSIS
#include <fenv.h> #pragma STDC FENV_ACCESS ON int feenableexcept(int excepts); int fedisableexcept(int excepts); int fegetexcept(void); DESCRIPTION
The feenableexcept() and fedisableexcept() functions unmask and mask (respectively) exceptions specified in excepts. The fegetexcept() func- tion returns the current exception mask. All exceptions are masked by default. Floating-point operations that produce unmasked exceptions will trap, and a SIGFPE will be delivered to the process. By installing a signal handler for SIGFPE, applications can take appropriate action immediately without testing the exception flags after every operation. Note that the trap may not be immediate, but it should occur before the next floating-point instruction is executed. For all of these functions, the possible types of exceptions include those described in fenv(3). Some architectures may define other types of floating-point exceptions. RETURN VALUES
The feenableexcept(), fedisableexcept(), and fegetexcept() functions return a bitmap of the exceptions that were unmasked prior to the call. SEE ALSO
sigaction(2), feclearexcept(3), feholdexcept(3), fenv(3), feupdateenv(3) BUGS
Functions in the standard library may trigger exceptions multiple times as a result of intermediate computations; however, they generally do not trigger spurious exceptions. No interface is provided to permit exceptions to be handled in nontrivial ways. There is no uniform way for an exception handler to access information about the exception-causing instruction, or to determine whether that instruction should be reexecuted after returning from the handler. BSD
March 16, 2005 BSD