Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find image greater than x pixels? Post 302533458 by mirni on Thursday 23rd of June 2011 04:32:28 PM
Old 06-23-2011
OK, let me be more specific. The code i posted above is a test for size of an image. You can save it in a script, that takes one argument -- image filename. Let's call it "trimNonzero.sh". The contents of this script would be:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
# takes an image as argument and processes only if non-zero size

identify $1 | #get image info
  awk '{print gensub(/x/," ","",$3)}' |  #print size with space instead of 'x' 
    while read w h ; do  #read in width and height
         if [ $w = 0 ] || [ $h = 0 ] ; then            
            echo "$1 is zero image: width $w, height $h"
        else
            echo "processing image $1 ..."
            mogrify -trim -fuzz 1% $1        
        fi
    done

Save it, then make it executable:
Code:
chmod u+x trimNonzero.sh

Now you would process one image like:
Code:
./trimNonzero.sh image.jpg

Test it on one image.

Now you can go ahead and run find to get all the files you want and execute the script instead of straight mogrify, like this:
Code:
find $dir -name "*.jpg" -exec ./trimNonzero.sh {} \;

Then come back and let us know how it went. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines greater than 80 characters in a file

Hi, Can anyone please give me the grep command to find all the lines in a file that exceed 80 columns Thanks, gubbala (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrgubbala
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find lines have 2nd colum value greater than 40

i have a file a.txt 12345,20 34567,10 23123,50 123456,45 how to find lines which hav 2nd entry greater than 40 o/p 23123,50 123456,45 pls help to get o/p (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: devesh123
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Important finding --- find files greater than 1 MB

as we can find file greater than 1 MB with find command as: find /dir -name '*' -size +1M find /dir/* -name '*' -size +1M but wats its doing is , its finding files only in current directory not in sub-directories. i want files from sub-directories too. Please help... Thanx in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj_dahiya22
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find port greater than 6000

How to get the listening ports which is greater than 6000 using netstat ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gsiva
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to find files equal to and greater than

Hi Guys and Gals, I'm having some difficulty putting this check into a shell script. I would like to search a particular directory for a number of files. The logic I have is pretty simple: Find file named *.txt that are newer than <this file> and count them If the number of files is equal to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find greater than value

Hi I want to find greater than and min value. dategrep() { varlinenum=$1 varSESSTRANS_CL="$(egrep -n "<\/SESSTRANSFORMATIONINST>" tmpsess9580.txt | cut -d":" -f1)" echo $varSESSTRANS_CL } dategrep 8 Output of the above command is: I want to find out greater than 8 and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files greater than a particular date in filename.

I need a unix command which will find all the files greater that a particular date in the file name. say for example I have files like(filenaming cov : filename.YYDDMMSSSS.txt) abc.201206015423.txt abc.201207013456.txt abc.201202011234.txt abc.201201024321.txt efg.201202011234.txt... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijjumathew
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me to find a greater than or smaller than values

Hi, i need to find one of the value from my file is in between two numbers, that is the value is greater than 34 and smaller than 50, Ex: File.txt col1 col2 col3 col4 1 Name1 93 w 2 Name2 94 a 3 Name3 32 b 4 Name4 45 x 5 Name5 50 y 6 Name6 49 z here i need to find col3 values are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shenbaga.d
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and substitute if greater than.

I have large config-files for an application. The lines have different structure, but some of them contains the parameter 'TIMEOUT=x', where x is an numeric value. I want to change the value for that specific paramater if the value is greater than a specific value (got that?). The timeout-parameter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find command size greater than or equalto

How do I find the files greater than or equal to a given size using find command. find ./ -size +0k --> Lists files greater than 0K find ./ -size 0k --> Lists the file size equal to 0K. I have other conditions to check, hence using find command. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
4 Replies
Tk_ImageChanged(3)					       Tk Library Procedures						Tk_ImageChanged(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_ImageChanged - notify widgets that image needs to be redrawn SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> Tk_ImageChanged(imageMaster, x, y, width, height, imageWidth, imageHeight) ARGUMENTS
Tk_ImageMaster imageMaster (in) Token for image, which was passed to image's createProc when the image was created. int x (in) X-coordinate of upper-left corner of region that needs redisplay (measured from upper-left corner of image). int y (in) Y-coordinate of upper-left corner of region that needs redisplay (measured from upper-left corner of image). int width (in) Width of region that needs to be redrawn, in pixels. int height (in) Height of region that needs to be redrawn, in pixels. int imageWidth (in) Current width of image, in pixels. int imageHeight (in) Current height of image, in pixels. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
An image manager calls Tk_ImageChanged for an image whenever anything happens that requires the image to be redrawn. As a result of call- ing Tk_ImageChanged, any widgets using the image are notified so that they can redisplay themselves appropriately. The imageMaster argu- ment identifies the image, and x, y, width, and height specify a rectangular region within the image that needs to be redrawn. imageWidth and imageHeight specify the image's (new) size. An image manager should call Tk_ImageChanged during its createProc to specify the image's initial size and to force redisplay if there are existing instances for the image. If any of the pixel values in the image should change later on, Tk_ImageChanged should be called again with x, y, width, and height values that cover all the pixels that changed. If the size of the image should change, then Tk_ImageChanged must be called to indicate the new size, even if no pixels need to be redisplayed. SEE ALSO
Tk_CreateImageType KEYWORDS
images, redisplay, image size changes Tk 4.0 Tk_ImageChanged(3)