Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers iPhone: Terminal Access or DSL possible? Post 302533455 by Dr. Nick on Thursday 23rd of June 2011 04:30:12 PM
Old 06-23-2011
Thanks for the quick responses. I will definatly look into that Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Someone With Access To Unix Terminal

Any chance someone could look up the Whois for www.weddingchannel.la and www.art.la at the following link: whois -h whois.afilias-grs.info domainname.la Thanks in advance!!! rdm (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdm
4 Replies

2. Linux

get innet access by dualup to linux box connected to dsl through phone line modem

Hi! I'm looking for a sollution on this task: is there any way to make linux as some sort of personal ISP, with would let me/somebody else get internet access by dialing up to linux box through phoneline? to use it as sort of a proxy or something simular? I could manage it on windows 2000... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: V@no
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Terminal Services access to NFS

Hi, I am currently looking into a issue that has me scratching my head somewhat. Users from our branch down south use terminal services to work on within there windows desktop. The user used to be able to access NFS via her terminal services screen rather than reverting back to her windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wiggy332
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

can't access with FTP using terminal

hi, I was wondering why I can't connect through Terminal to my FTP server. It perfectly works through client FTP (I've attached an image with settings) http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/72686/cushy2.png But I can't using the terminal I tried many times the same password I use on FTP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
4 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Not mounted, no-driver USB device in terminal (how to access?)

hi, i am on a quest to access and even mount if possible a drive on os x. there is no driver for the device, but it lists fine in the system profiler. can i access its location from the terminal? how? here is what i get on the system profiler: Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec Manufacturer: SAMSUNG ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sontarieh
3 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

How to access a NTFS partition on hard drive through Terminal in OSX ?

Hi , I have a Mac OS X Lion mac book pro. I have a hard drive which I have partitioned in two (a) OSX Partition - Mac OS Extended Journaled format. Mount point: / (b) Data Partition - Windows NT Filesystem format. Mount point: /Volumes/Data I need to access the NTFS partition (I have a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neil.k
6 Replies
rup(1)							      General Commands Manual							    rup(1)

NAME
rup - show host status of local machines (RPC version) SYNOPSIS
[host ...] DESCRIPTION
gives a status similar to for remote machines. It broadcasts on the local network and displays the responses it receives. Though the listing is normally in the order responses are received, the order can be changed by using command-line options. The broadcast process takes about two minutes. When host arguments are given, instead of broadcasting, only queries the list of specified hosts. A remote host only responds if it is running the daemon (see rstatd(1M)). Options recognizes the following command-line options: Sort the display alphabetically by host name. Sort the display by load average. Sort the display by up time. WARNINGS
Broadcasting does not work through gateways; therefore, does not report information about machines that are reachable only through gate- ways. DIAGNOSTICS
The exit code of is the number of errors (eg. bad host names) encountered; zero for success. AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. FILES
SEE ALSO
ruptime(1), inetd(1M), rstatd(1M), services(4). rup(1)