Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Patch analysis tool Redhat Enterprise release 4 Post 302533266 by dmsmith32 on Thursday 23rd of June 2011 06:44:48 AM
Old 06-23-2011
Question Patch analysis tool Redhat Enterprise release 4

Hello

I have been asked to provide a security patch analysis of servers in my environment. For HPUX and Solaris there are tools wich can be loaded onto the servers to do this. However I do not know of one for Redhat . At this point I must mentioned that the Redhat servers are behind a firewall and have no access to the internet.

I know I can download individual rpms and apply them, but is their a tool that can analyse the server for me and supply a list of up-to-date patches.

best regards

Darren.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

linux patch management tool

I have a suse linux 9(SLES 9) I have configured "YOU" (yast online update) and it all working fine, synchronising on a daily base with http://sdb.suse.de/download but I would like to know if they is a tools or scripts that inform you of any patches that has not been applied and notify you via... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan1
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Storedge Workload Analysis Tool (SWAT)

Does anyone know where I can download this software from , or is it part of a software package that has to be bought. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdr011
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

any tool for core analysis on HP-UX?

Hi, I just wanted to know is there any tool avaliable for core analysis on hp-ux. I have heard about q4 utility. But I think it is used for analysis of system crash dump and not for core dump produced by a user process. gdb doesn't give much information unless the binary is debug-build. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
0 Replies

4. Linux

Apache in enterprise, patch management

I was wondering how everyone else manages patching/upgrades for apache. Latest doesnt mean greatest, we typically dont install the newest patches for our OS's. We typically run 3-6 months behind, to let fixes get fixed before installing them. Does anyone here have a written detailed plan... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Which tool to Patch SOL 9? - 3 tools found

I have found 3 different tools to patch Solaris 9: 1. Patch Check Advanced (PCA) by Martin Paul BigAdmin: Solaris Information Center - Patching Support Patch Check Advanced 2. Update Manager from Sun Sun Connection 3. pkg-get, wget, etc. from Blastwave.org Blastwave.org - How to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johne1
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

RedHat patch date?

Other than looking at the dates when pkgs were applied in /var/log/yum.log* how can I tell when the last time a RedHat system was patched? My systems don't have regular access to the web. Thanks in advance. ---------- Post updated at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:27 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: toor13
0 Replies