Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help on activating port 25
Operating Systems AIX Help on activating port 25 Post 302533164 by manoj.solaris on Thursday 23rd of June 2011 12:37:10 AM
Old 06-23-2011
After starting sendmail service. I have given below command

bash-3.00# telnet localhost 25
Trying...
telnet: connect: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation.

Regards,

ManuSmilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

activating ./dtterm

Working of a Aix 4.3 (using ksh) Have started dtlogin daemon . < root 26376 1 0 14:07:19 - 0:08 ./dtlogin -daemon > Have set dtconfig -e < The CDE environment is Already set as the default User Interface. > Have executed " export DISPLAY=10.1.187.86:0.0 Once all this is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: buRst
4 Replies

2. Slackware

activating network connection in linux

Hi all, I've just installed redhat linux 7.3 and everything is good so far except my network connection. When I use the wizard to activate it gives me an error 'cannot activate' but no reason. Using the wizard I can see the device Eth0 and under the hardware tab it seems to recognize the card... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mace
13 Replies

3. IP Networking

Activating an interface on a Solaris 10

Help! How do I get (configure) an inteface up in order to get access to the internet? System in use is SPARC Ultra 5 - it worked before but not now when I re-installed the system and forgot to connect the RJ45 cable to the interface. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maen
3 Replies

4. AIX

activating volume group on system after higher level aix installation

Hi, if I do install aix 5.3 on the rootvg of an aix 4.3.3 system (having rootvg and data1vg), is it possible to varyonvg the data1vg after the installation ? (any caution ?) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: astjen
1 Replies

5. AIX

Help activating http service on AIX

Am new to AIX 5.1 and we have our production database running on it. I need to activate HTTP service so that i can connect to the database's Enterprise manager from my workstation's web browser. can anyone help me with how to activate HTTP service on AIX 5.1 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: reachay
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems activating "mod_rewrite" (I can't edit 000-default file)

Hello everyone, Maybe an expert could help me.. I'm trying to activate mod_rewrite module on a Ubuntu 11.04 server (natty) and I having problem to edit the file 000-default in 3rd step, the steps to activate the module are: 1-Install Apache web server in Ubuntu Linux 2-Enable mod_rewrite... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
6 Replies

7. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
mconnect(1)							   User Commands						       mconnect(1)

NAME
mconnect - connect to SMTP mail server socket SYNOPSIS
mconnect [-p port] [-r] [hostname] DESCRIPTION
The mconnect utility opens a connection to the mail server on a given host, so that it can be tested independently of all other mail soft- ware. If no host is given, the connection is made to the local host. Servers expect to speak the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) on this connection. Exit by typing the quit command. Typing EOF sends an end of file to the server. An interrupt closes the connection immedi- ately and exits. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -p port Specify the port number instead of the default SMTP port (number 25) as the next argument. -r "Raw" mode: disable the default line buffering and input handling. This produces an effect similar to telnet(1) to port number 25. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: hostname The name of a given host. USAGE
The mconnect command is IPv6-enabled. See ip6(7P). FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.hf help file for SMTP commands ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
telnet(1), sendmail(1M), attributes(5), ip6(7P) Postel, Jonathan B., RFC 821, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, Information Sciences Institute, University of Southern California, August 1982. SunOS 5.10 9 Nov 1999 mconnect(1)