Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Combining three space delimited files by column Post 302533068 by evelibertine on Wednesday 22nd of June 2011 04:49:00 PM
Old 06-22-2011
It does not work, it merges them row by row but not as columns.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove first column of a space delimited txt

how to remove the first column of a space delimited txt file? there are 12+ columns... what is the cleanest way? could use awk and print all but the first, but it looks kinda ugly awk '{print $2" "$3" "$4" "$5" "$6" "$7" "$8" "$9" "$10" "$11" "$12"}' file.txt whats a better way? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging files into a single tab delimited file with a space separating

I have a folder that contains say 50 files in a sequential order: cdf_1.txt cdf_2.txt cdf_3.txt cdf_3.txt . . . cdf_50.txt. I need to merge these files in the same order into a single tab delimited file. I used the following shell script: for x in {1..50}; do cat cdf_${x}.txt >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you delete cells from a space delimited text file given row and column number?

How do you delete cells from a space delimited text file given row and column number? Letś say the row number is r and the column number is c. Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Three space delimited files

So I have three space delimited files. Each have 90 rows and many columns. I want to merge them by columns. I use paste to merge file 1 and file2 or file 3 and it works. But when I try to merge file 2 and file 3 using paste or merge or cat, I cannot merge them by column, instead they are merged by... (11 Replies)
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining column results of two or more files

I have a number of result files (the number of files varies) that I need to combine into a new file with new columns for each data line. If one file does not have a result for any row it is set to zero. Is this possible? The ID and Name will always match in a row (first two columns, if it is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fozrun
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding tags to a specific column of a space delimited text file

I have a space delimited text file with two columns. I would like to add NA to the first column of the text file. Input: 19625 10.4791768259 19700 10.8146489183 19701 10.9084026759 19702 10.9861346978 19703 10.9304364984 Output: NA19625 10.4791768259 NA19700 10.8146489183... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting rows from a space delimited text file based on the values of a column

I have a space delimited text file. I want to extract rows where the third column has 0 as a value and write those rows into a new space delimited text file. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining multiple column files into one with file name as first row

Hello All, I have several column files like this $cat a_b_s1.xls 1wert 2tg 3asd 4asdf 5asdf $cat c_d_s2.xls 1wert 2tg 3asd 4asdf 5asdf desired put put $cat combined.txt s1 s2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avatar_007
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make tab delimited file to space delimited?

Hi How to make tab delimited file to space delimited? in put file: ABC kgy jkh ghj ash kjl o/p file: ABC kgy jkh ghj ash kjl Use code tags, thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagdishrout
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help/Advise please for converting space delimited string variable to comma delimited with quote

Hi, I am wanting to create a script that will construct a SQL statement based on a a space delimited string that it read from a config file. Example of the SQL will be For example, it will read a string like "AAA BBB CCC" and assign to a variable named IN_STRING. I then concatenate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies
DB2_FETCH_BOTH(3)							 1							 DB2_FETCH_BOTH(3)

db2_fetch_both - Returns an array, indexed by both column name and position, representing a row in a result set

SYNOPSIS
array db2_fetch_both (resource $stmt, [int $row_number = -1]) DESCRIPTION
Returns an array, indexed by both column name and position, representing a row in a result set. Note that the row returned by db2_fetch_both(3) requires more memory than the single-indexed arrays returned by db2_fetch_assoc(3) or db2_fetch_array(3). PARAMETERS
o $stmt - A valid stmt resource containing a result set. o $row_number - Requests a specific 1-indexed row from the result set. Passing this parameter results in a PHP warning if the result set uses a forward-only cursor. RETURN VALUES
Returns an associative array with column values indexed by both the column name and 0-indexed column number. The array represents the next or requested row in the result set. Returns FALSE if there are no rows left in the result set, or if the row requested by $row_number does not exist in the result set. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Iterating through a forward-only cursor If you call db2_fetch_both(3) without a specific row number, it automatically retrieves the next row in the result set. The follow- ing example accesses columns in the returned array by both column name and by numeric index. <?php $sql = "SELECT id, name, breed, weight FROM animals ORDER BY breed"; $stmt = db2_prepare($conn, $sql); $result = db2_execute($stmt); while ($row = db2_fetch_both($stmt)) { printf ("%-5d %-16s %-32s %10s ", $row['ID'], $row[0], $row['BREED'], $row[3]); } ?> The above example will output: 0 Pook cat 3.20 5 Rickety Ride goat 9.70 2 Smarty horse 350.00 Example #2 Retrieving specific rows with db2_fetch_both(3) from a scrollable cursor If your result set uses a scrollable cursor, you can call db2_fetch_both(3) with a specific row number. The following example retrieves every other row in the result set, starting with the second row. <?php $sql = "SELECT id, name, breed, weight FROM animals ORDER BY breed"; $result = db2_exec($stmt, $sql, array('cursor' => DB2_SCROLLABLE)); $i=2; while ($row = db2_fetch_both($result, $i)) { printf ("%-5d %-16s %-32s %10s ", $row[0], $row['NAME'], $row[2], $row['WEIGHT']); $i = $i + 2; } ?> The above example will output: 0 Pook cat 3.20 5 Rickety Ride goat 9.70 2 Smarty horse 350.00 SEE ALSO
db2_fetch_array(3), db2_fetch_assoc(3), db2_fetch_object(3), db2_fetch_row(3), db2_result(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_FETCH_BOTH(3)