Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Nothing is getting displayed on browser while using open statement Post 302532996 by miteshpant on Wednesday 22nd of June 2011 02:44:45 PM
Old 06-22-2011
Yes. If i remove the open statement and pring some thing else. Its working.

For example the below script.
Code:
#!c:/perl/bin/perl
use Win32::ODBC;
use CGI ':standard';
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";

print '<HTML>';
print '<HEAD>';
print '<TITLE>Local User Accounts</TITLE>';
print '</HEAD>';
print '<BODY>';
print '<TABLE BORDER="2" FRAME="BOX" RULES="ALL">';
print '<TR><TH><FONT FACE ="ARIAL" SIZE="2">Number</TH><TH><FONT FACE ="ARIAL" SIZE="2">Factorial</TH></TR>';

my $i;
my $j;
my $prod;
for($i=1;$i<=20;$i++)
{
 $prod=1;
 for($j=i;$j>=1;$j++)
 {
  $prod=$prod*$j;
 }
 print '<TR><TH><FONT FACE ="ARIAL" SIZE="2">'."$i".'</TH><TH><FONT FACE ="ARIAL" SIZE="2">'."$prod".'</TH></TR>';
}
print '</TABLE>';
print '</BODY>';
print '</HTML>';

prints

NumberFactorial112131415161718191101111121131141151161171181191201

on the browser

Last edited by Franklin52; 06-22-2011 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: Use code tags for data and code samples

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

hostname not displayed

Hi, I posted a problem earlier on on how to change IP addresses on an E450. I was able to work around this and wanna say thanks to all who assisted. But now on my server, I get this error, trying to configure hosts..RPC timed out. Also, when I type on the command line, hostname, nothing is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronny
7 Replies

2. Solaris

How to open Browser

Hi, I am connecting to the remote machine via Xmanger. How can i ope browser from the termilnal. I can open gui from my terminal. (xclock works) Just wondering how to open the browser ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bang_dba
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to open the specified url in a browser from a text file

Hi All, here i am struc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsp
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

swlist is not displayed in HP-UX

Hi swlist command is not displayed in HP-UX ..it displays swlist: Command not found. uname -a HP-UX inccishh B.11.11 U 9000/800 4046719263 unlimited-user license :b: Best Regards vasanthan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password is getting displayed

My shell script which runs on solaris has an execution in it. Contents of shell script BEGIN : Executable_filename username/password@DBinstance parameter2 parameter3 Contents of shell script END : When i launch the shell script, it connects to database to gets few details.. In the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Can't open netscape web-browser

I am working in solaris 9 and i want to work with web-browser(netscape). but when I am openning it,it shows the message -- An error occurred reading the startup configuration file.Please contact ur administrator./.netscape/preferences.js,line 66:unterminated string literal.t,127.0.0.1 please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

0403-016 Cannot find or open the file in If Statement

Hi, I am comparing the number of records in the .bad record from sql loader, if it is higher than the number passed in as an argument, the program should exit. However, I constantly receive the error " 0403-016 Cannot find or open the file." on the line with the if statement "elif ;". The code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIA651
3 Replies