Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Nothing is getting displayed on browser while using open statement Post 302532991 by Corona688 on Wednesday 22nd of June 2011 02:39:30 PM
Old 06-22-2011
Can you get a minimal perl script to work?

Code:
#!c:/perl/bin/perl

print "Content-type: text/plain\n";
print "\n";

print "This is a message\n";

---------- Post updated at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:36 PM ----------

Also, you can try open(STDERR, ">&STDOUT"); to redirect error messages out of standard error and into stdout where they should appear on your browser.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

hostname not displayed

Hi, I posted a problem earlier on on how to change IP addresses on an E450. I was able to work around this and wanna say thanks to all who assisted. But now on my server, I get this error, trying to configure hosts..RPC timed out. Also, when I type on the command line, hostname, nothing is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronny
7 Replies

2. Solaris

How to open Browser

Hi, I am connecting to the remote machine via Xmanger. How can i ope browser from the termilnal. I can open gui from my terminal. (xclock works) Just wondering how to open the browser ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bang_dba
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to open the specified url in a browser from a text file

Hi All, here i am struc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsp
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

swlist is not displayed in HP-UX

Hi swlist command is not displayed in HP-UX ..it displays swlist: Command not found. uname -a HP-UX inccishh B.11.11 U 9000/800 4046719263 unlimited-user license :b: Best Regards vasanthan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password is getting displayed

My shell script which runs on solaris has an execution in it. Contents of shell script BEGIN : Executable_filename username/password@DBinstance parameter2 parameter3 Contents of shell script END : When i launch the shell script, it connects to database to gets few details.. In the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Can't open netscape web-browser

I am working in solaris 9 and i want to work with web-browser(netscape). but when I am openning it,it shows the message -- An error occurred reading the startup configuration file.Please contact ur administrator./.netscape/preferences.js,line 66:unterminated string literal.t,127.0.0.1 please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

0403-016 Cannot find or open the file in If Statement

Hi, I am comparing the number of records in the .bad record from sql loader, if it is higher than the number passed in as an argument, the program should exit. However, I constantly receive the error " 0403-016 Cannot find or open the file." on the line with the if statement "elif ;". The code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MIA651
3 Replies
Trace(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						Trace(3pm)

NAME
Devel::Trace - Print out each line before it is executed (like "sh -x") SYNOPSIS
perl -d:Trace program DESCRIPTION
If you run your program with "perl -d:Trace program", this module will print a message to standard error just before each line is executed. For example, if your program looks like this: #!/usr/bin/perl print "Statement 1 at line 4 "; print "Statement 2 at line 5 "; print "Call to sub x returns ", &x(), " at line 6. "; exit 0; sub x { print "In sub x at line 12. "; return 13; } Then the "Trace" output will look like this: >> ./test:4: print "Statement 1 at line 4 "; >> ./test:5: print "Statement 2 at line 5 "; >> ./test:6: print "Call to sub x returns ", &x(), " at line 6. "; >> ./test:12: print "In sub x at line 12. "; >> ./test:13: return 13; >> ./test:8: exit 0; This is something like the shell's "-x" option. DETAILS
Inside your program, you can enable and disable tracing by doing $Devel::Trace::TRACE = 1; # Enable $Devel::Trace::TRACE = 0; # Disable or Devel::Trace::trace('on'); # Enable Devel::Trace::trace('off'); # Disable "Devel::Trace" exports the "trace" function if you ask it to: import Devel::Trace 'trace'; Then if you want you just say trace 'on'; # Enable trace 'off'; # Disable TODO
o You should be able to send the trace output to the filehandle of your choice. o You should be able to specify the format of the output. o You should be able to get the output into a string. We'll see. LICENSE
Devel::Trace 0.11 and its source code are hereby placed in the public domain. Author Mark-Jason Dominus (C<mjd-perl-trace@plover.com>), Plover Systems co. See the C<Devel::Trace.pm> Page at http://www.plover.com/~mjd/perl/Trace for news and upgrades. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-16 Trace(3pm)