Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix - Oracle DB Connect
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix - Oracle DB Connect Post 302532986 by Shanks on Wednesday 22nd of June 2011 02:20:48 PM
Old 06-22-2011
Unix - Oracle DB Connect

Hello,

Returing to Unix scripts after a long while,
This might be a simple question for most of you ,
I need to connect from a .sh script to oracle, select XYZ.nextval from dual ,
, meaning either get the Current Val or Next Val for a sequence.

How do I store the return value , I know we can spool the file
but I need only the value like 34, 35...etc
Not the other connection info ...
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

SQL>
NEXTVAL
----------

SQL> Disconnected from Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.4.0

Can someone please Advice.

Thx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect to oracle ??

Hi, I am a new user, who wants to connect to oracle through shell scripting. Can anybody help me? Regards, Divyesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: divyesh shah
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect oracle from unix

Hi All, I am trying to connect oracle from unix mechine but i am getting an error like Ksh: sqlplus: not found Any one please tell me how to connect oracle from unix mechine. I would appreciate if any one send the query. Regards, Ravi kumar.Gongati (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi gongati
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

By default connect to the oracle at the time login to Unix

Hi, How to set or what I have to do, so that at the time of login into unix, it will connect by default to Oracle server. Thanks Rajesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh08
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to COnnect to Oracle database from UNIX Box

I am trying to connect to Oracle Databse from UNIX box using sqlplus command. But i get sqplus not found message. $ sqlplus sqlplus: not found I have searched in forums and all are suggesting to set environment varaibles...can somebody tell me what variables to set and how to set.and the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: angelarosh
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl connect to remote oracle db without local oracle installation

I want to use Perl to connect to a remote Oracle DB I have no oracle installation on my server (and dont plan on installing one) I am using solaris 9 on x86 server. Is this possible? I basically want to run some basic sql queries on the remote oracle db which I have access to using perl on my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect with oracle database using unix...

Hi all I am working in datawarehouse project and use DB2 database . shell scripting is written to connect with DB2 database in my application but i dont know how to connect with oracle databse or other databases.Is there any command in unix to connect any of these datbases? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijays3
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to connect Oracle

In unix i login as root but when i am conneting to SQL as sqlplus "/ as sysdba" then its telling "sh: sqlplus: not found".. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripudaman.singh
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching user to oracle to connect Oracle 11g DB with 'sysdba'

I need to connect my Oracle 11g DB from shell script with 'sysdba' permissions. To do this I have to switch user from 'root' to 'oracle'. I've tried the following with no success. su - oracle -c "<< EOF1 sqlplus -s "/ as sysdba" << EOF2 whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NetBear
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to Oracle using sqlplus

I have logged into oracle using SQLPLUS. When I type any kind of query, there is only 1 answer - '2'. What is wrong with it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Subhasis
1 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Identify a specific environment Oracle variable to connect a remote Oracle database ?

Good evening I nned your help pls, In an unix server i want to connect to a remote oracle databse server by sqlplus. I tried to find out the user/passwd and service name by env variable and all Ive got is this: ORACLE_SID_REPCOL=SCL_REPCOL ORACLE_SID=xmeta ORACLE_SID_TOL=SCL_PROTOLCOL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)