Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split and name files as 15 minute periods Post 302532915 by ksexton on Wednesday 22nd of June 2011 11:14:27 AM
Old 06-22-2011
Split and name files as 15 minute periods

Hi,

I have a number of large files (up to 4GB) that I wish to split in 96 parts e.g. one for each 15 minutes of the day. The split can be random so I am using

split -b 42M filename.csv

I want to name each of the resultant files as a distinct 15 minute period of the day e.g.
A20110619.0000-20110619.0015_transaction.csv
A20110619.0015-20110619.0030_transaction.csv

etc.

I am completly stuck and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kieran

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

split files into specified number of output files

Hi everyone, I have some large text files that I need to split into a specific number of files of equal size. As far as I know (and I don't really know that much :)) the split command only lets you specify the number of lines or bytes. The files are all of a different size, so the number of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Migrainegirl
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backslashing periods

Hello, I have a script which configures a system, the configuration is currently manual and error prone. I am writting a script, which currently uses hard-coded values. I don't know how to take an IP, e.g. 123.456.789.111, and backslash the periods, so I can pass it to an `exec perl... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bloke
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

get the file extension having multiple periods

How to get the file extension having multiple periods suppose i have a file samplewprk.txt.dat I need to retrieve txt.dat from the file. I worked all iam getting is either txt or pyd Could anyone help me in providing the solution? Thanks, in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinku
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take minute per minute from a log awk

Hi, I've been trying to develop a script that performs the parsing of a log every 1 minute and then generating some statistics. I'm fairly new to programming and this is why I come to ask if I can lend a hand. this is my log: xxxx 16/04/2012 17:00:52 - xxxx714 - E234 - Time= 119 ms.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockx
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Periods turn into spaces for some reason

Hey all, I've come across a problem that I can't solve. Its as simple as it can get. I want to substitute spaces in a string with dots e.g. i am a string i.am.a.string I've tried examples from the web that should work but they don't. A period seems to become a space for some reason :s ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: basherlemon
5 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Copy files from ServerA to ServerB and sleep for minute

I will get files into ServerA and sleep for 1 minute and go on.. I need a script to copy files from ServerA to ServerB without missing files or copying half files then sleep for minute. For next minute new files has to copied and old files has to be removed from ServerB (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Srilatha Punna
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find files modified in previous minute only

Hi, How can I get files which are modified only in last minute ? it should not display 2 minutes back filels -la -rw-rw-r-- 1 stuser st 51 Dec 3 09:22 a.csv -rw-rw-r-- 1 stiser st 50 Dec 3 09:25 b.csv -rw-rw-r-- 1 stuser st 53 Dec 3 09:33 c.csv When I run command at 9:34am then I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbjv
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Split and Rename Split Files

Hello, I need to split a file by number of records and rename each split file with actual filename pre-pended with 3 digit split number. What I have tried is the below command with 2 digit numeric value split -l 3 -d abc.txt F (# Will Produce split Files as F00 F01 F02) How to produce... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: techedipro
19 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automate splitting of files , scp files as each split completes and combine files on target server

i use the split command to split a one terabyte backup file into 10 chunks of 100 GB each. The files are split one after the other. While the files is being split, I will like to scp the files one after the other as soon as the previous one completes, from server A to Server B. Then on server B ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
2 Replies
PROCESSCSV.PY(1)					      Virtualization Support						  PROCESSCSV.PY(1)

NAME
processcsv.py - process virt-top CSV files SUMMARY
virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv DESCRIPTION
virt-top is a top(1)-like utility for showing stats of virtualized domains. processcsv.py is a simple Python script that post-processes the output of "virt-top --csv". It is used like this: virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv The second command will overwrite the following files in the current directory: "global.csv" This contains the global (host) statistics columns from the CSV file. "domainNN.csv" (multiple files) For each libvirt domain ID NN, a file is created containing the per-domain statistics from the CSV file. SEE ALSO
virt-top(1) AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones <rjones @ redhat . com> COPYRIGHT
(C) Copyright 2007-2012 Red Hat Inc., Richard W.M. Jones http://libvirt.org/ This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. virt-top-1.0.8 2013-12-29 PROCESSCSV.PY(1)