Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris SYN_SENT does not receive reset from closed ports Post 302532888 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 22nd of June 2011 09:57:09 AM
Old 06-22-2011
Thank you for the update. Glad you found a solution!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Syn_sent

Dear Guys , I have linux - redhat 6.1 and it is on the internet , works as email server forworder . when i execute netstat -a command i got a strange output that i want to ask about it and how can i control it or drop it plz : the output looks like : tcp 0 1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Closed ports

Hello I need to close some ports on a box Solaris 8, which command I need to use. Thanks for your replies (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Did not receive activation mail

Hi Administrators, I've registered myself yesterday and have been waiting for my account to be activated. I've followed the instructions in the 'See this if you have an account but cannot post ' thread to request for an activation mail to be sent to my other email address, but still did not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pl_cyber
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Are ports above 1024 closed by default ?

Hi guys, Just needed to know if all the ports above 1024 are closed by default. I know that below 1024 the ports are reserved for the kernel and ports above 1024 are reserved for user applications. But by default, if I do not have a rule in my firewall to block ports above 1024, Will my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox211
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host Connection closed

Hi Everyone, Good day. Scenario: 2 unix servers -- A (SunOS) and B (AIX) I have an ftp script to sftp 30 files from A to B which happen almost instantaneously i.e 30 sftp's happen at the same time. Some of these sftp's fail with the following error: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeevan_fimare
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can send but not receive email

Hi, One of the users in our company can send but not receive email. We are using SENDMAIL in conjunction with procmail. The funny thing is that all his sent email is in his /var/spool/mail but the email client does not pick anything up! He is using IMAP. Anyone see have any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Notification from another server need to receive.

I have two application server appserver1 and appserver 2. A script will run from appserver1 which main activity is 1. Connect with the apserver 2 and run a script which saved on appserver2 2. the saved script will in appserver 2 will complete its task and generate a log Problem i need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imtiaz43
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Debian ports reporting closed. Refused connection

Hey guys, I'm having trouble with checking what ports are open on my Debian distro, which is reporting all ports closed, though they are clearly open I am checking to see if ports are open with netcat: nc 127.0.0.1 80 localhost 80 (http) : Connection refusedAs an example but on all ports... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3therk1ll
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Can ping out but cannot receive

Hi there, I am able to ping google.com However, I am able to see like google.com (172.xx.xx.xx). When the ping is done, like 5 packet transmitted but zero packet recieved. How do I go about re-mediating it? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
6 Replies
update(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 update(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
update - Process pending events and idle callbacks SYNOPSIS
update ?idletasks? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is used to bring the application ``up to date'' by entering the event loop repeatedly until all pending events (including idle callbacks) have been processed. If the idletasks keyword is specified as an argument to the command, then no new events or errors are processed; only idle callbacks are invoked. This causes operations that are normally deferred, such as display updates and window layout calculations, to be performed imme- diately. The update idletasks command is useful in scripts where changes have been made to the application's state and you want those changes to appear on the display immediately, rather than waiting for the script to complete. Most display updates are performed as idle callbacks, so update idletasks will cause them to run. However, there are some kinds of updates that only happen in response to events, such as those triggered by window size changes; these updates will not occur in update idletasks. The update command with no options is useful in scripts where you are performing a long-running computation but you still want the applica- tion to respond to events such as user interactions; if you occasionally call update then user input will be processed during the next call to update. SEE ALSO
after(n), bgerror(n) KEYWORDS
event, flush, handler, idle, update Tcl 7.5 update(n)