Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) ./configure command not working Post 302532828 by masunius on Wednesday 22nd of June 2011 07:27:58 AM
Old 06-22-2011
./configure command not working

I am learning to compile UNIX software packages on my mac
I have demo123.tar package in home directory

when i enter
Code:
tar demo123
mkdir ~/ddemo123
./configure --prefix=$HOME/ddemo123

i get the error message -bash: ./configure: No such file or directory
I tried using sh and bash with ./configure, but of no avail.

Even following is not working:

Code:
./configure --help

Any clues?
**MBP, intel i5 2.44GHz, OS X Snow Leopard**

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to configure mailx command??

Hi, {SunOS} I have this mailx -s command in my script and when the script is run,it throws me this message The flags you gave are used only when sending mail. Usage:mailx -eiIUdFntBNHvV!~ -T FILE -u USER -h hops -r address -s SUBJECT -f FILE users. Can you help me how i can send an... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to configure the AutoComplete Command

Hello All, I'm using the Solaris 8 and I'd like to know how to configure my KSH to use the double ESC to complete the command automatically. Do you know how do it?? thanks. rgs, Paulo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PAulo Trombetta
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

./configure command Error while trying to install GCC compiler on unix machine

Hi, I need to install the GCC compiler on a my Linus machine. First step is to run the ./configure command and here we need to specify ./configure --target="target machine name (CPU type-Manufacturer-OS) or other way would be just give the command ./configure and it guesses the target name... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: viji19812001
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to configure Formail command

Hi, When i type formail command , i get an error "command not found". How to configure this command so that this command works in my machine. Kindly suggest me. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

configure from address in mailx command

Hi, I need to configure customized from address in mailx command. Can you pls tell me the option for configuring from address. Thanks Latika (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: latika
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Working with configure file in ubuntu

Hi, I want to add the library in my configure file. i am doing it using autoconf in ubuntu. I am new to the autoconf. Can anyone please let me know how to add the library using configure file so that it can linked to my software which I am using? Thanks in advance!!!!! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maxdepth command not working in AIX.Need alternative solution for this command

Hi All, I am trying to select 30 days older files under current directory ,but not from subdirectory using below command. find <Dir> -type f -mtime + 30 This command selecting all the files from current directory and also from sub directory . I read some documention through internet ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kommineni
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script not working but command works in command prompt

Hi everyone I have a problem with my script If I try directly this command /usr/bin/nice -n 19 mysqldump -u root --password="******" wiki_schneider -c | nice -n 19 gzip -9 > /point_de_montage/$(date '+%Y%m%d')-wiki-db.sql.gz It works But if I simply add this command in a script and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: picemma
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
HP-SEARCH-MAC(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  HP-SEARCH-MAC(1)

NAME
hp-search-mac -- HP switch search tool. DESCRIPTION
HP-search-MAC is an util that can query HP switches for their connection table. It then allow you to search for a MAC address and tell you where it is physically connected (best match first). . The functionality is similar to traceroute but on Ethernet level and only for HP switches. USAGE
hp-search-mac [options] [MAC] [...] OPTIONS
hp-search-mac [options] mac [ [options] mac ] [...] options: --dl n Set debug level to n. --help Print this help. --hostname host[=>community] | -h host[=>community] Set a switch name to search. You can also set this in /etc/hp-search-mac.conf or ~/.hp-search-mac.conf. The hash to set is \%switches. Mac: You can use some different formats: ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff (hex) ff-ff-ff-ff-ff-ff (hex) 0.123.0.12.0.12.0 (dec) CONFIGURATION: \%switches: This is a normal perl hash of the form \%switches = ("host" => "community", ...); AUTHOR
Ola Lundqvist <ola@inguza.com> SEE ALSO
snmp-walk(1) snmp-get(1) hp-search-mac Mon Apr 7 21:21:44 CEST 2008 HP-SEARCH-MAC(1)