Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting csh and variable values with spaces Post 302532639 by iskatel on Tuesday 21st of June 2011 01:15:28 PM
Old 06-21-2011
my goal is to call another script within my script which will look like
Code:
COMMENT="To test my script"
CMD="./anotherscript.sh -c \"$COMMENT\""
$CMD

I need my $COMMENT variable to expand properly as a whole stirng.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip leading and trailing spaces only in a shell variable with embedded spaces

I am trying to strip all leading and trailing spaces of a shell variable using either awk or sed or any other utility, however unscuccessful and need your help. echo $SH_VAR | command_line Syntax. The SH_VAR contains embedded spaces which needs to be preserved. I need only for the leading and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i pass parameter with spaces to csh script

Hello all i need to pass to my shell script parameter that looks like "2 3 3" inside the script i need to use this string that looks like this "2 3 3" but when i try to print the script im getting syntax error , this is my script : set s = $1 echo $s (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh script for deleting extra spaces in text file

I am new to scripting and I needed to know if there would be an easy way to delete extra spaces in a text file. I have a file with three rows with 22 numbers each, but there is extra spaces between the numbers when it gets output by this program AFNI that I am using. What script would help delete... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hertingm
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with multiline variable in csh

My shell is csh and it is required. I have a file like sample.txt ------------------------ a b c d e f g h i ------------------------ I want set the file to a variable and print it out in the same format. I have tried something like this, but not succed. % cat ~/tmp/sample.txt a b c d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anykao
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a variable in csh

I have a simple script that sets a value and reads the value in csh: set -x set a = 10 echo $a The output of the script does not show the value of a + set a = 10 + echo any help would be great. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pt14
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing values in arrays using csh

I am reading a number of files but then I want to put the ranges xmin xmax ymin ymax as arrays for each file. Any idea how I can do this??? set j = 1 echo "Welcome $i times" while ( $j <= $i ) echo "$j" set fname = $fin-bst-misf.xy echo " "$fname ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Csh Problem using spaces in string variables

I have done something like this set phases = "a b" set phases = "phases="$phases echo $phases I get phases=a instead of phases=a b (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get all values separated with spaces(solved)

Hi, i have this text: X (m) 4917536.9627 4917536.9673 0.0090 -0.0046 Y (m) -815726.1383 -815726.1294 0.0061 -0.0089 Z (m) 3965857.4730 3965857.4840 0.0071 -0.0110 X (m) 4917536.9627 4917537.1411 -0.1784 0.1710 Y (m) -815726.1383 -815726.4859 0.3476 0.3489 Z (m) 3965857.4730... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: limadario
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable with several values and spaces.

Hello all. I am a newb obviously and a bit stumped on this, so any help gratefully accepted. The script is extracting metadata from individual mp3 files, then (hopefully will be) sorting them into newly-created subdirectories. I have filtered out the relevant metadata and have the album names... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: spoovy
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get value from set of values in csh

Hello. In csh if I declared a variable to be a set of arguments can I retrieve a particular element from that set. My code set files=(`ls`) and I want to get only one file from $files. How can I do that????(It is just an abstract example):wall: Thanks in advance :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Locale::Codes::Script(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::Script(3)