Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming structure pointer array as function parameters Post 302532633 by Corona688 on Tuesday 21st of June 2011 12:56:43 PM
Old 06-21-2011
There's no problem with that syntax, whatever is going wrong is something else.

Seeing the contents of these functions could be instructive.

Last edited by Corona688; 06-21-2011 at 03:05 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem with function which reutrns pointer to a value

i have a function: char *pcCityIdToCountryName(ADMIN_DB_DATA *pstHEader, unit uiCityID) this returns a pointer to CountryName if cityId is given. to retrieve countryname i give: char *CountryName; CountryName = pcCityIdToCountryName(..................); but when i compile it is giving :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
5 Replies

2. Programming

Accesing structure member:Error:dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

$ gcc -Wall -Werror struct.c struct.c: In function `main': struct.c:18: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type $ cat struct.c #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> /*Declaration of structure*/ struct human { char *first; char gender; int age; } man,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit4g
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Storing pointer array in C

All .. I am having a pointer array . And trying to store the addess into that pointer array . please see below the problem i faced code: int cnt1; char *t_array; char *f_array; for(cnt1=0; cnt1<1000; cnt1++) { t_array =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

4. Programming

pointer to structure example pls

Dear friends, First all I applogize for posting such a simple question , as I love this forum and forum participants thats why I am posting my problem here.. Why I am getting error when I remove the commented lines typedef unsigned int U; typedef struct {U c; U d;} vec32; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user_prady
1 Replies

5. Programming

How to return void function pointer

Hello all im trying to build function that will return void function pointer what is mean is ( not working ) the main function void * myClass::getFunction(int type){ if(type==1) return &myClass::Test1; if(type==2) return &myClass::Test2; } void myClass::Test1(){... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

6. Programming

Function pointer to inline function ?

Hi. Problem: I have to parse the payload of a packet. The payload could be in Big Endian Format (network byte order) or little. That depends on a flag present in the header of the packet. Solution: A horrible solution could be to check for that flag everytime I have to read a field in the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: emitrax
11 Replies

7. Programming

Function Returning Pointer

Hi guys. how a functions such fdopen, ... can return pointer? are these functions use static memory(variables)? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
6 Replies

8. Programming

help with char pointer array in C

i have an array like #define NUM 8 .... new_socket_fd = accept(socket_fd, (struct sockaddr *) &cli_addr, &client_length); char *items = {"one", "two", "three", "four", "five", "six", "seven", "eight"}; char *item_name_length = {"3", "3", "5", "4", "4", "3", "5", "5"}; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

9. Programming

Unclear pointer and array

Hello, The purpose of the program is to print a sub string from the prompt inputs. I do not understand why char pointer does not work but char array will for line 40 and Line 41. ./a.out thisisatest 0 8 substring = "thisisat"And my code is: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
29 Replies

10. Programming

Pointer for 2D array seems to be 3D in C

I am struggling with the pointer to 2D-array (cf: 2D array of pointers). Can anybody help me elaborate how the pointer x moves in the memory to access the individual of y, especially the high lighted lines? I have talked to one of the curators of the forum, but I am still not quite clear. Here... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies
VERIFY_KRB5_CONF(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 				       VERIFY_KRB5_CONF(8)

NAME
verify_krb5_conf -- checks krb5.conf for obvious errors SYNOPSIS
verify_krb5_conf [config-file] DESCRIPTION
verify_krb5_conf reads the configuration file krb5.conf, or the file given on the command line, parses it, checking verifying that the syntax is not correctly wrong. If the file is syntactically correct, verify_krb5_conf tries to verify that the contents of the file is of relevant nature. ENVIRONMENT
KRB5_CONFIG points to the configuration file to read. FILES
/etc/krb5.conf Kerberos 5 configuration file DIAGNOSTICS
Possible output from verify_krb5_conf include: <path>: failed to parse <something> as size/time/number/boolean Usually means that <something> is misspelled, or that it contains weird characters. The parsing done by verify_krb5_conf is more strict than the one performed by libkrb5, so strings that work in real life might be reported as bad. <path>: host not found (<hostname>) Means that <path> is supposed to point to a host, but it can't be recognised as one. <path>: unknown or wrong type Means that <path> is either a string when it should be a list, vice versa, or just that verify_krb5_conf is confused. <path>: unknown entry Means that <string> is not known by verify_krb5_conf. SEE ALSO
krb5.conf(5) BUGS
Since each application can put almost anything in the config file, it's hard to come up with a watertight verification process. Most of the default settings are sanity checked, but this does not mean that every problem is discovered, or that everything that is reported as a possi- ble problem actually is one. This tool should thus be used with some care. It should warn about obsolete data, or bad practice, but currently doesn't. BSD
December 8, 2004 BSD