Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Variable not displaying while running in cron job Post 302532604 by Omaran on Tuesday 21st of June 2011 11:18:16 AM
Old 06-21-2011
Redirect the output of the cronjob, this will give you more an idea of what is going wrong.

Cron needs the full path to commands, my guess (without seeing your script) is that a full path is needed somewhere.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

errors when running a cron job

I am running some shell scripts through a foll cron job, the script works fine and there are no errors in the log file but I receive the following error in mail for the jobs: stty: no such device or address What does the above error indicate, here is the cron job: 0 22 * * 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: knarayan
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Cron Job Not Running

Hi, I have a cron schedule like this 04,16,28,40,52 * * * * /nag/startProcessABatch (unix script) i want to add new lines in this file (like Logging), i just copy this file into a /tmp folder (for backup copy), and i have edited this file (added few lines of code for logging). ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag_sundaram
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron job is not running

hi, i have the following line in the crontab 15 5 * * 6 /home/adw/BCE_ADW.pl The problem is the cron job is not getting started automatically. But this was working til last week. now it is not working. what could be the problem. Any idea? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suguna
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron job not running to completion

am running a cron job to do a backup of all user files. the script runs properly in the terminal but only backups about 20% of the files when run by cron. the Linux system is running BASH as far as I can tell. the symbols $FILE and $DIRECTORY are defined properly and the following is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: novice633
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron job not running

Hi All, I am editing crontab using -e option to add a new job Below is the line 30 * * * * scriptpath This job is not executing every thirty minutes. I have checked, cron daemon is running. What did I miss? Can some one help? I am using cron shell..ksh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yabhi_22
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

running Cron job in Plesk

I have a script to delete unwanted cookies from some Curl jobs we are doing find /tmp -name 'CURLCOOKIE*' -print0 | xargs -0 rm this works great when I am logged on as root in the shell, now I have to put it into a cron job in Plesk. When I do that it does not work. I think the directory... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaene
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem running a cron job

I have created a cron job for the vtiger workflow to execute the shell file named com_vtiger_workflow.sh to run the workflow. I've created the following line in crotab -e : 00 13 * * * /var/www/html/prashant/cron/modules/com_vtiger_workflow/com_vtiger_tiger_workflow.sh | mail -s 'Check... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Cron job is not running

Hi, I have set up the crontab as follows. root@IDC4VASAPP07 # crontab -l 0-59 * * * * /var/tmp/r.sh 0-59 * * * * date >> /var/tmp/log root@IDC4VASAPP07 # r.sh is as follows. root@IDC4VASAPP07 # cat r.sh #!/bin/bash dt1=$(perl -e 'use POSIX;print strftime... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Cron job running even after cron is removed

Hi , I have removed a cron for particular user , but cron job seems to be running even after the cron entry is removed. The purpose of the cron was to sendmail to user ( it uses mailx utility ) I have restarted cron and sendmail service still user is getting mail alerts from the cron job. And... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

CRON job still running?

Hi All, I am writing a script that will eventually be executed by a cron job every 15 minutes. I want to make sure that my logic/script doesn't get executed if a previous job is still running. What would be the best way to handle that scenario? I was thinking to make my script create a temporary... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdogadin
1 Replies
vboxtcl(5)                                                  Linux System Administration                                                 vboxtcl(5)

NAME
vboxtcl - tcl commands for vboxgetty CONTENT
With vbox version 2.0, tcl can be used as a script language to act on incoming calls. Incoming calls are still taken by vboxgetty, but further actions are made by the tcl script. VARIABLES
These are additional variables supplied by vboxgetty. vbox_var_bindir directory with vbox commands. vbox_var_savename name for this message to save. The name is constructed from time and process id. It's a good idea to use this name, but you can also use a different name. vbox_var_rectime maximum seconds to record. vbox_var_spooldir path of the users spool directory (/var/spool/vbox/<user>). vbox_var_checknew path for new files (/var/spool/vbox/<user>/incoming). vbox_msg_standard filename with full path of the message to play as the standard message (/var/spool/vbox/<user>/messages/standard.msg). vbox_msg_beep filename with full path of the message to play as beep (/var/spool/vbox/<user>/messages/beep.msg). vbox_msg_timeout filename with full path of the message to play after a timeout (/var/spool/vbox/<user>/messages/timeout.msg). vbox_caller_id CALLERID of current caller. If unknown, this is "0". vbox_caller_phone full phone number of current caller. If unknown, this is "*** Unknown ***". vbox_caller_name name of current caller. If unknown, this is "*** Unknown ***". vbox_user_name name of the user that runs this vboxgetty. vbox_user_home home directory of the user that runs this vboxgetty. vbox_flag_standard this is TRUE if the script should play the standard message, and FALSE if the script should not. vbox_flag_beep this is TRUE if the script should play the beep message, and FALSE if the script should not. vbox_flag_timeout this is TRUE if the script should play the timeout message, and FALSE if the script should not. vbox_flag_record this is TRUE if the script should record a message, and FALSE if the script should not. FUNCTIONS
vboxgetty also provides some additional functions to the user. Return Codes Most functions will use these return codes: ERROR An error occurred. HANGUP The connection was ended. Script should end now. OK The whole message was played, nothing occurred. Any other error code is a touchtone sequence, that was detected during playing the message. vbox_breaklist <add|rem> <sequence> [...] With this command you can control which touchtone sequences vboxgetty will recognize. Touchtone sequences have the format *NUMBER#, where NUMBER is a sequence of the characters 0-9 and A-D. Even single numbers must be given in the format *NUMBER#. Vboxgetty detects if the caller gives a number as a single digit or as a part of a sequence. add <sequence> [...] Add a touchtone sequence to breaklist. You can add up to 8 sequences at one time. rem <sequence> [...] Remove a touchtone sequence from breaklist. You can remove up to 8 sequences at one time. You can use all to remove all sequences. vbox_put_message <message> Play a message and returns an error code depending on the reason to stop playing. Default return codes. message full name of the message file (with path). vbox_get_message <savename> <timelimit> Records a message. Default return codes. Options are: savename full name of the file for saving the message. timelimit maximum time to record the message. vbox_wait <seconds> Waits for several seconds for an input from caller. Default return codes. Options are: seconds time to wait. vbox_init_touchtones Clears vboxgetty touchtone sequence. Normal way is to append all new touchtones to the sequence, the sequence is only cleared when a "*" touchtone is received. vbox_pause <ms> waits a specific number of milliseconds. ms number of milliseconds to wait. vbox_get_nr_new_messages <messagebox> Return the number of new messages in the directory. messagebox the directory to scan vbox_get_nr_all_messages <messagebox> Return the number of messages in the directory. messagebox the directory to scan SEE ALSO
Look at the tcl documentation for any tcl specific questions. For vbox : vboxgetty(8), vboxgetty.conf(5), vbox.conf(5) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Andreas Jellinghaus <aj@dungeon.inka.de>, for Debian GNU/Linux and isdn4linux. ISDN 4 Linux 3.25 2000/09/15 vboxtcl(5)