Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting retain negative value through sed command Post 302532438 by yazu on Tuesday 21st of June 2011 02:44:28 AM
Old 06-21-2011
You can unite all commands in one sed invocation like this (with every command on a separate line):

Code:
sed ':a s/\("[^"][^"]*\),\([^"][^"]*"\)/\1\2/;ta
s/"//g
s/(\([0-9][0-9]*,\{0,1\}[0-9]*\))/-\1/g'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to retain leading zeros

Hi All, I am working with a fixed width file Forrmat. C1 Number (10,3) C2 Number (10,3) e.g. c1= 0000000100.000 c2= 0000000020.000 0000000100.0000000000020.000 I have to perform c1 - c2 . i.e. I want answer to be 0000000080.000. but I am loosing the leading zeros( only getting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish Jha
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with sed and negative regexpr's

I have a file with various syntax that I'm try to run sed on to change over a specific regexp and having problems. I want to swap all instances of a token so long as the token isn't followed by either an alphanumeric character, an underscore, or an exclamation point. The test file looks like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ericbmn1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mv command to rename multiple files that retain some portion of the original file nam

Well the title is not too good, so I will explain. I need to move (rename) files using a simple AIX script. ???file1.txt ???file2.txt ???file1a.txt ???file2a.txt to be: ???renamedfile1'date'.txt ???renamedfile2'date'.txt ???renamedfile1a'date'.txt ???renamedfile2a'date'.txt ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grimace15
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop with sed command to replace line with sed command in it

Okay, title is kind of confusion, but basically, I have a lot of scripts on a server that I need to replace a ps command, however, the new ps command I'm trying to replace the current one with pipes to sed at one point. So now I am attempting to create another script that replaces that line. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to retain particular rows

Hi All, I am in need of help to retain particular rows. I have a large file with 5 columns. Column 3 has signs like “=” “>” “<” and column 5 has values “nm” “%” or empty space. I need to keep only rows which have “=” in column 3 and “nm” in column 5. How can I do it in awk? Any help is greatly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newpro
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to retain zero

Hi everyone i have simple mathematical problem bash> echo date +%m bash> 03 bash> month=`date +%m` bash> lmonth=$month-1 bash> echo $lmonth bash>2 it gives me two but i want the answer of 02 please help me how to do this (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

retain ownership

Hi, I have a script which transfers files/directories from one HP unix to another HP unix server using SCP but i need to retain ownership of files/folders same as source server my script is as follows cd /sasdata/TR_CNTO328/C0328T07/Dry_Run_1/Macros find . -type d -newer . -exec scp -pr {}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_spatil
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete and retain some characters

Ive been trying to google and tried sed and awk. BUt still getting no exact formula. I would like to know how to parse this at: From: Compute Machin Appliance 3.2.9.10000 123456 To: Compute Machin Appliance 3.2.9.123456 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed/awk to find negative numbers and replace with 1?

Greetings. I have a three column file, and there are some numbers in the second column that are <1. However I need all numbers to be positive, thus need to replace all those numbers with just one. I feel like there must be a simple way to use awk to find these numbers and sed to replace but can't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail K command regex: adding exclusion/negative lookahead to regex -a@MATCH

I'm trying to get some exclusions into our sendmail regular expression for the K command. The following configuration & regex works: LOCAL_CONFIG # Kcheckaddress regex -a@MATCH +<@+?\.++?\.(us|info|to|br|bid|cn|ru) LOCAL_RULESETS SLocal_check_mail # check address against various regex... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobbieTheK
0 Replies
thai/thwchar.h(3)						      libthai							 thai/thwchar.h(3)

NAME
thai/thwchar.h - Wide char support for Thai. SYNOPSIS
Macros #define THWCHAR_ERR (~(thwchar_t)0) Wide-character value indicating error. Typedefs typedef wchar_t thwchar_t Thai character type for storing Unicode character. Functions thwchar_t th_tis2uni (thchar_t c) Convert character code from TIS-620 to Unicode. int th_tis2uni_line (const thchar_t *s, thwchar_t *result, size_t n) Convert string from TIS-620 to Unicode. thwchar_t th_winthai2uni (thchar_t c) Convert character code from Thai Windows extended code to Unicode. thwchar_t th_macthai2uni (thchar_t c) Convert character code from Mac Thai extended code to Unicode. thchar_t th_uni2tis (thwchar_t wc) Convert character code from Unicode to TIS-620. int th_uni2tis_line (const thwchar_t *s, thchar_t *result, size_t n) Convert string from Unicode to TIS-620. thchar_t th_uni2winthai (thwchar_t wc) Convert character code from Unicode to Thai Windows extended code. thchar_t th_uni2macthai (thwchar_t wc) Convert character code from Unicode to Mac Thai extended code. Detailed Description Wide char support for Thai. Function Documentation thwchar_t th_macthai2uni (thchar_tc) Convert character code from Mac Thai extended code to Unicode. Parameters: c : Mac Thai character/glyph to convert Returns: Corresponding Unicode code thwchar_t th_tis2uni (thchar_tc) Convert character code from TIS-620 to Unicode. Parameters: c : TIS-620 character to convert Returns: Corresponding Unicode code int th_tis2uni_line (const thchar_t *s, thwchar_t *result, size_tn) Convert string from TIS-620 to Unicode. Parameters: s : source TIS-620 string (null-terminated) result : buffer for storing resulting Unicode string n : size of result buffer (as number of elements) Returns: the length of the output Unicode string thchar_t th_uni2macthai (thwchar_twc) Convert character code from Unicode to Mac Thai extended code. Parameters: wc : Unicode code to convert Returns: Corresponding Mac Thai extended code, or TH_ERR if conversion is impossible thchar_t th_uni2tis (thwchar_twc) Convert character code from Unicode to TIS-620. Parameters: wc : Unicode character to convert Returns: Corresponding TIS-620 code, or TH_ERR if conversion is impossible int th_uni2tis_line (const thwchar_t *s, thchar_t *result, size_tn) Convert string from Unicode to TIS-620. Parameters: s : source Unicode string (null-terminated) result : buffer for storing resulting TIS-620 string n : size of result buffer (as number of elements) Returns: the length of the output TIS-620 string Note that, since the conversion is lossy, some characters in the convesion result may be TH_ERR, indicating conversion error. thchar_t th_uni2winthai (thwchar_twc) Convert character code from Unicode to Thai Windows extended code. Parameters: wc : Unicode code to convert Returns: Corresponding Thai Windows extended code, or TH_ERR if conversion is impossible thwchar_t th_winthai2uni (thchar_tc) Convert character code from Thai Windows extended code to Unicode. Parameters: c : Thai Windows character/glyph to convert Returns: Corresponding Unicode code Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libthai from the source code. Version 0.1.14 Tue Jun 17 2014 thai/thwchar.h(3)