Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merging all (48) CSV files from a directory Post 302532320 by Corona688 on Monday 20th of June 2011 03:20:10 PM
Old 06-20-2011
Not quite sure what you want with the file headers... Do you want all but the last ignored? All but the first? None of them ignored?

This can be adapted for any of those:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
cd /path/to/csvdir

(
        # set $1 = first file, $2 = second, etc.
        set -- *.csv

# echo $1 $2 $3 ... $N changing space to comma with tr
        echo $* | tr ' ' ','

# Print the first two lines (title) of first file
        head -n 2 $1

# Loop through all files in $1, $2, ...
        for FILE
        do
                # Print out every file, ignoring first two lines
                tail "$FILE" -n +3
        done
# Dump the whole mess into the output file.  Don't put it in the
# same directory as the input files!
) > /path/to/output.csv

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging files belonging to same date in a directory

Hi, I want to merge files which belong to the same date in a directory. For ex: The below two files are modified on 24 Apr 2007. SystemOut.log SystemOut_07.04.24_19.46.40.log The merged file should be of the format SystemOut.log.2007.04.24 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkaarthikeyan4u
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merging 2 .CSV files in Unix

I need a little help as I am a complete novice at scripting in unix. However, i am posed with an issue...:eek: i have two csv files in the following format@ FILE1.CSV: HEADER HEADER Header , , HEADER 001X ,,200 002X ,,300 003X ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chachabronson
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging files to create CSV file

Hi, I have different files of the same type, as: Time: 100 snr: 88 perf: 10 other: 222 Each of these files are created periodically. What I need to do is to merge all of them into one but having the following form: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravendark
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merging two CSV files by 3 primary keys (columns)

Hi there! I have the following problem: I have a set of files called rates_op_yyyyddmm with the format below (which corresponds to the file rates_op_20090130) 30-JAN-2009,ED,FEB09,C,96.375,,,0,,,,,,2.375,,,,,, 30-JAN-2009,ED,FEB09,C,96.5,,,0,,,,,,2.25,,,,,,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pep Puigvert
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching lines across multiple csv files and merging a particular field

I have about 20 CSV's that all look like this: "","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""What I've been told I need to produce is the exact same thing, but with each file now containing the start_code from every other file where the email matches. It doesn't matter if any of the other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Demosthenes
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging Very large CSV files in Unix

Hi, I have two very large CSV files, which I want to merge (equi-join) based on a key (column). One of the file (say F1) would have ~30 MM records and 700 columns. The other file (~f2) would have same # of records and lesser columns (say 50). I want to create an output file joining on a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: student_007
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with merging two CSV files

Hi, I have following 2 CSV files file1.txt A1,B1,C1,D1,E1 A2,B2,C2,D2,E2 A3,B3,C3,D3,E3 .... file2.txt A1,B1,P1,Q1,R1,S1,T1,U1 A1,B1,P2,Q2,R2,S2,T2,U2 A1,B1,P3,Q3,R3,S3,T3,U3 A2,B2,X1,Y1,Z1,I1,J1,K1 A2,B2,X2,Y2,Z2,I2,J2,K2 A2,B2,X3,Y3,Z3,I3,J3,K3 A2,B2,X4,Y4,Z4,I4,J4,K4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnoutmore99
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging fields in CSV

Hi experts, I have a csv file which has one field (ID) repeated multiple times with corresponding other field values. I need to convert this file in a format where for a ID all other values has to be present in single field. For Eg : Here in below file ID 1 is repeated 3 times with different... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharathbangalor
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to zip csv files having specific pattern in a directory using UNIX shell script?

I have files in a Linux directory . Some of the file is listed below -rw-rw-r--. 1 roots roots 0 Dec 23 02:17 zzz_123_00000_A_1.csv -rw-rw-r--. 1 roots roots 0 Dec 23 02:18 zzz_121_00000_A_2.csv -rw-rw-r--. 1 roots roots 0 Dec 23 02:18 zzz_124_00000_A_3.csv drwxrwxr-x. 2 roots roots 6 Dec 23... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balraj
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check for null values in a columns. I have dozen of CSV files in a directory.

Hi Folks, I'm trying to write a simple file sanity check script. I have a directory with dozen CSV files containing id,edname,firstname,lastname,suffix,email. I like to write a awk script to check if first field contain a number and is not empty. and fields number 3,4 & 6 are not empty and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dc34684
3 Replies
MONGOEXPORT(1)							  Mongo Database						    MONGOEXPORT(1)

NAME
mongoexport - the Mongo export tool SYNOPSIS
mongoexport [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
mongoexport is a tool to export a MongoDB collection to either JSON or CSV. The query can be filtered or a list of fields to output can be given. If the output is CSV, the fields must be specified in order. EXAMPLES
mongoexport -d test -c test1 --csv -f name,num export documents from test.test1 in CSV format OPTIONS
--help show usage information -h, --host HOST server to connect to (default HOST=localhost) -d, --db DATABASE database to use -c, --c COLLECTION collection to use -q, --query QUERY query filter -f, --fields FIELDS comma-separated list of field names --csv export to CSV instead of JSON -o, --out FILE output file, if not specified, stdout is used --dbpath PATH directly access mongod data files in this path, instead of connecting to a mongod instance COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 10gen SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MongoDB wiki, available at http://www.mongodb.org. AUTHOR
Kristina Chodorow 10gen June 2009 MONGOEXPORT(1)