Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hardrive Spliter.
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Hardrive Spliter. Post 302532276 by jgt on Monday 20th of June 2011 11:49:21 AM
Old 06-20-2011
Install a second hard drive and install windows on it. Not because it can't be done on a single drive, but generally speaking you should install Windows first, and then Linux, so you will either have a difficult time, or end up having to install Linux again.
Considering the price of hardware, the risks outweigh the rewards.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hardrive

I formated a 40 gig hardrive and if I check how much usable room there is it show only 34 gigs...Anyone have any ideas on how to reclaim a few of those lost gigs or why it would format so small. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: macdonto
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Replacing hardrive on solaris

I have a problem with my Solaris box in my office, the storage capacity reach 95%. For that i need to think a way to replace the hard drive with the bigger one as all the slot was used. Do any of you guys have similar experience with me, please give any enlightment! Thanks a lot guys. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockie
3 Replies

3. Solaris

External Hardrive add on's

Does anyone know if and or how you can add external hardrives to Sun Solaris 9 or greater systems. Needing to add two additional dedicated storage drives for large image files and mount these drives to the system. Will also need to mirror these two drives for redundancy. Any help would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tazzy
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Partitioning a new Hardrive

What is the command to partition a completely new hard drive using red hat linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blend
1 Replies
GRUB-INSTALL(8) 							FSF							   GRUB-INSTALL(8)

NAME
grub-install - install GRUB on your drive SYNOPSIS
grub-install [OPTION] install_device DESCRIPTION
Install GRUB on your drive. -h, --help print this message and exit -v, --version print the version information and exit --root-directory=DIR install GRUB images under the directory DIR instead of the root directory --grub-shell=FILE use FILE as the grub shell --no-floppy do not probe any floppy drive --force-lba force GRUB to use LBA mode even for a buggy BIOS --recheck probe a device map even if it already exists INSTALL_DEVICE can be a GRUB device name or a system device filename. grub-install copies GRUB images into the DIR/boot directory specfied by --root-directory, and uses the grub shell to install grub into the boot sector. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
grub(8), update-grub(8). The full documentation for grub-install is maintained as a Texinfo manual in the grub-legacy-doc package. If the info and grub-install programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-install should give you access to the complete manual. grub-install (GNU GRUB 0.97) January 2013 GRUB-INSTALL(8)