Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PING broken check
Operating Systems Solaris PING broken check Post 302532198 by itkamaraj on Monday 20th of June 2011 08:09:29 AM
Old 06-20-2011
use /tmp instead of tmp

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Broken

Ok i am running Linux, or rather was. I can not longer do anything. This was a dns server amoungst other things. It will no longer boot. I have used a startup disk, but how can i recover the OS? I need help and urgently. Please someone thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ollyparkhouse
3 Replies

2. Debian

./configure is broken - /lib/cpp fails sanity check

Hi, I first wanted to install my NIC drivers but it said: Makefile:62: *** Linux kernel source not found. Stop. So I installed the kernel source: linux-source-2.6.18_2.6.18.dfsg.1-13etch5_all.deb 1) cd /usr/src 2) -xjvf linux-source.2.6.18.extension (forget what it was) 3) ln -s... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Virtuality
12 Replies

3. Solaris

How to check disk broken

Dear all, I have system that have 2 disk, and 1 off disk is broken, how can I check if the disk is broken or other problem. I'm using Solaris 10 x86. Thank you, Best Regards, Heru (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: heru_90
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ping is blocked hwo to check connection

Hi How to check connection with another IP/Server not using ping? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: miojamo
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ASK] How to check whether ipv4 or ipv6 and ping those IP

I have perl script that I use to check and ping a list of ip, The problem is, I didnt understand how to ping ipv6 on perl, Could I use Ping::External??And how could I get the ping result (reply or not)? This is my code #!/usr/bin/perl -- use Net::Ping; use Data::Validate::IP; use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Animation Ping on Solaris Like Cisco Ping

Hi, I develop simple animation ping script on Solaris Platform. It is like Cisco ping. Examples and source code are below. bash-3.00$ gokcell 152.155.180.8 30 Sending 30 Ping Packets to 152.155.180.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. % 93.33 success... % 6.66 packet loss...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokcell
1 Replies

7. Linux

Ping check failed from Nagios master server on windows hosts in the same subnet

Hello All, We have added a windows host and its config files to Nagios master server and wanted to do a ping check alone at the moment however, the nagios master server identifies the host in its GUI and immediately disappears can anyone let me know the right approach to this one, We want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get reason for ping failure using perls Net::Ping->new("icmp");?

Hi I am using perl to ping a list of nodes - with script below : $p = Net::Ping->new("icmp"); if ($p->ping($host,1)){ print "$host is alive.\n"; } else { print "$host is unreacheable.\n"; } $p->close();... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tavanagh
4 Replies

9. Programming

Ping test sends mail when ping fails

help with bash script! im am working on this script to make sure my server will stay online, so i made this script.. HOSTS="192.168.138.155" COUNT=4 pingtest(){ for myhost in "$@" do ping -c "$COUNT" "$myhost" &&return 1 done return 0 } if pingtest $HOSTS #100% failed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mort3924
4 Replies
rmvb(9F)						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 						  rmvb(9F)

NAME
rmvb - remove a message block from a message SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/stream.h> mblk_t *rmvb(mblk_t *mp, mblk_t *bp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). PARAMETERS
mp Message from which a block is to be removed. mblk_t is an instance of the msgb(9S) structure. bp Message block to be removed. DESCRIPTION
rmvb() removes a message block (bp) from a message (mp), and returns a pointer to the altered message. The message block is not freed, merely removed from the message. It is the module or driver's responsibility to free the message block. RETURN VALUES
If successful, a pointer to the message (minus the removed block) is returned. The pointer is NULL if bp was the only block of the message before rmvb() was called. If the designated message block (bp) does not exist, -1 is returned. CONTEXT
rmvb() can be called from user or interrupt context. EXAMPLES
This routine removes all zero-length M_DATA message blocks from the given message. For each message block in the message, save the next message block (line 10). If the current message block is of type M_DATA and has no data in its buffer (line 11), then remove it from the message (line 12) and free it (line 13). In either case, continue with the next message block in the message (line 16). 1 void 2 xxclean(mp) 3 mblk_t *mp; 4 { 5 mblk_t *tmp; 6 mblk_t *nmp; 7 8 tmp = mp; 9 while (tmp) { 10 nmp = tmp->b_cont; 11 if ((tmp->b_datap->db_type == M_DATA) && (tmp->b_rptr == tmp->b_wptr)) { 12 (void) rmvb(mp, tmp); 13 freeb(tmp); 14 } 15 tmp = nmp; 16 } 17 } SEE ALSO
freeb(9F), msgb(9S) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide SunOS 5.10 11 Apr 1991 rmvb(9F)