Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Display find results, and pipe to xargs Post 302532087 by mij on Sunday 19th of June 2011 07:31:32 PM
Old 06-19-2011
That is exactly what I wanted. Everything tested okay and I have been able to update my script.

I feel so stupid now. I have read the find man page so often I should have known that.

Many thanks,

Michael.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter results through pipe with grep

ls -ltr | grep string How can I use regular expressions to filter the results provided even more. I am using the above command as a reference. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckandreou
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String substitution on find results inside exec/xargs

What I'm trying to do is perform a copy, well a ditto actually, on the results of a find command, but some inline string substitution needs to happen. So if I run this code find ./ -name "*.tif" I get back these results. .//1234567.tif .//abcdefg.tif Now the action from exec or xargs I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: myndcraft
2 Replies

3. AIX

Removing a filename which has special characters passed from a pipe with xargs

Hi, On AIX 5200-07-00 I have a find command as following to delete files from a certain location that are more than 7 days old. I am being told that I cannot use -exec option to delete files from these directories. Having said that I am more curious to know how this can be done. an sample... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pipe results of Grep Command to LS Comand

I'm using the command grep -l XYZ to get a list of files containing the string XYZ. Then I using the comand ls -l ABC to get the create date timestamp of the each file. I've tried combining the comands using the pipe command, grep -l XYZ | ls -l, but its not working. What am I doing wrong? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhtate
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Piping results of 'ls' to 'find' using 'xargs'

I'm trying to get a count of all the files in a series of directories on a per directory basis. Directory structure is like (but with many more files): /dir1/subdir1/file1.txt /dir1/subdir1/file2.txt /dir1/subdir2/file1.txt /dir1/subdir2/file2.txt /dir2/subdir1/file1.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MartynAbbott
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I execute the results of a pipe?

Hello, I'm using csh. I have a file named "setup" that I normally source, e.g. source setupI'd like a one-liner that sources this file, but excluding lines that contain "DEBUG", e.g. cat setup | grep -v DEBUG | sourceOf course, the above does not work. How can I execute the results of a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheong87
5 Replies

7. Programming

difference bewteen pipe, xargs, and exec

I have read several docs on these on the web and looked at examples. I can't figure out the difference. In some cases you use one or the other or you combine them. can someone help me understand this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guessingo
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to launch results of a pipe?

Good afternoon, I have just messed up and deleted some directories on my UNIX machine. I would now want to know which packages are impacted by this. Therefore I have a look in the file "/var/sadm/install/contents" (which contains the filenames/directory names for each installation package). After... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scampsd
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xargs vs. pipe

I have been using unix on and off for a number of years. I am not a sys admin. I use what I need. I have googled this, but I really can't figure out what is the difference between using xarg and just using a regular pipe? Why do I need to include xarg sometimes and how do I know when I need it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe output a command to another using xargs

xargs work great when a command gives multiple line output which can be input to another. In my case it is not working coz the second command uses two words in it. $ scr.sh gives output like 193740 638102 375449 .. .. another command takes these number as inputs. it works great... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahesh113
1 Replies
QMotifPlusStyle(3qt)													      QMotifPlusStyle(3qt)

NAME
QMotifPlusStyle - More sophisticated Motif-ish look and feel SYNOPSIS
#include <qmotifplusstyle.h> Inherits QMotifStyle. Public Members QMotifPlusStyle ( bool hoveringHighlight = TRUE ) DESCRIPTION
The QMotifPlusStyle class provides a more sophisticated Motif-ish look and feel. This class implements a Motif-ish look and feel with the more sophisticated bevelling as used by the GIMP Toolkit (GTK+) for Unix/X11. See also Widget Appearance and Style. MEMBER FUNCTION DOCUMENTATION
QMotifPlusStyle::QMotifPlusStyle ( bool hoveringHighlight = TRUE ) Constructs a QMotifPlusStyle If hoveringHighlight is TRUE (the default), then the style will not highlight push buttons, checkboxes, radiobuttons, comboboxes, scrollbars or sliders. SEE ALSO
http://doc.trolltech.com/qmotifplusstyle.html http://www.trolltech.com/faq/tech.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1992-2001 Trolltech AS, http://www.trolltech.com. See the license file included in the distribution for a complete license statement. AUTHOR
Generated automatically from the source code. BUGS
If you find a bug in Qt, please report it as described in http://doc.trolltech.com/bughowto.html. Good bug reports help us to help you. Thank you. The definitive Qt documentation is provided in HTML format; it is located at $QTDIR/doc/html and can be read using Qt Assistant or with a web browser. This man page is provided as a convenience for those users who prefer man pages, although this format is not officially supported by Trolltech. If you find errors in this manual page, please report them to qt-bugs@trolltech.com. Please include the name of the manual page (qmotifplusstyle.3qt) and the Qt version (3.1.1). Trolltech AS 9 December 2002 QMotifPlusStyle(3qt)