Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: forking for multiple clients
Top Forums Programming forking for multiple clients Post 302531835 by sweetbella on Saturday 18th of June 2011 06:54:27 AM
Old 06-18-2011
forking for multiple clients

hello everyone,
i am making a tcp chat server using c in linux. i have used socket programming to connect the server and the client.
can anyone please let me know how i can use forking for multiple clients??
thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Forking in a loop

When I compile this C programme I get different outputs each time I run it Please explain to me whats happening in the code if you can give me a detailed explanation. Because I am stuck with this. #include <stdio.h> main(){ int i = 0; printf("I am the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manjuWicky
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Forking

When I compile this C programme I get different outputs each time I run it Please explain to me whats happening in the code if you can give me a detailed explanation with the schedular functionality it will help a lot. Because I am stuck with this. #include <stdio.h> main(){... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjuWicky
3 Replies

3. Programming

forking process.

#include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> int main() { pid_t pID; int i; for (i = 0; i < 3; i++) { pID = fork (); if (pID == 0) { printf ("Value of i --> %d... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymthasneem
2 Replies

4. Programming

forking within a thread

Is it safe to call fork+exec in a multithreaded application. Because In my multithreaded application, I need to execute another program in each thread. I am using solaris 10. Any suggestions pls. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for an X11 Utility - Send Keystrokes to Multiple Clients

A long time ago, I frequently used a small X11 utility that allows you to manage multiple systems at the same time. It worked by opening a small window that had a button you used to "Add" X Clients to it. These would be xterms on different systems for example. You would then type inside that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alon.Albert
5 Replies

6. Programming

socket programming (UDP with multiple clients)

Hi all, I have an application where there are 5 udp clients/senders which keep sending data to same IP with different port number can I design my udp server to recieve data from all 5 clients at the same time? how should I use the server address structure? should I use different... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi
3 Replies

7. Programming

Need help with fork, forking multiple childs and shared memory

Hi all, I m writing an application, where i need to fork multiple childs and those child should handle particular task given to them. More descriptive. For example, suppose i have 4 Network, each network has multiple nodes. Now on the basis of network child should be forked and these child... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: helpmeforlinux
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Jumpstart Multiple Clients

We have a WAN boot jumpstart server which works fine .. we have a requirement wherein we would require to jumpstart multiple sparc servers simultaneously, Whats the way .. so that we do not have to wait for a cleint to complete the installation before starting with another server. Any help would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

9. Programming

need help in forking

I have an input file with contents like: 5785690|68690|898809 7960789|89709|789789 7669900|87865|659708 7869098|65769|347658 so on.. I need to pass this file to 10 parallely running processes (forking)so that each line is processed by a process and no line is processed twice and write the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Samba with clients in multiple domains

Dear all, I've not a good starting point I'm afraid, but I was forced to deploy Samba under pressure of failing hardware so an urgent migration was done. We didn't get the IBM AIX 6.1 supplied one running at all, so we pulled down the samba.org version 3.4.3. We couldn't get that working as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
0 Replies
AUSCOPE(1)						      General Commands Manual							AUSCOPE(1)

NAME
auscope - Network Audio System Protocol Filter SYNOPSIS
auscope [ option ] ... DESCRIPTION
auscope is an audio protocol filter that can be used to view the network packets being sent between an audio application and an audio server. auscope is written in Perl, so you must have Perl installed on your machine in order to run auscope. If your Perl executable is not installed as /usr/local/bin/perl, you should modify the first line of the auscope script to reflect the Perl executable's location. Or, you can invoke auscope as perl auscope [ option ] ... assuming the Perl executable is in your path. To operate, auscope must know the port on which it should listen for audio clients, the name of the desktop machine on which the audio server is running and the port to use to connect to the audio server. Both the output port (server) and input port (client) are automati- cally biased by 8000. The output port defaults to 0 and the input port defaults to 1. ARGUMENTS
-i<input-port> Specify the port that auscope will use to take requests from clients. -o<output-port> Determines the port that auscope will use to connect to the audio server. -h<audio server name> Determines the desktop machine name that auscope will use to find the audio server. -v<print-level> Determines the level of printing which auscope will provide. The print-level can be 0 or 1. The larger numbers provide greater output detail. EXAMPLES
In the following example, mcxterm is the name of the desktop machine running the audio server, which is connected to the TCP/IP network host tcphost. auscope uses the desktop machine with the -h command line option, will listen for client requests on port 8001 and connect to the audio server on port 8000. Ports (file descriptors) on the network host are used to read and write the audio protocol. The audio client auplay will connect to the audio server via the TCP/IP network host tcphost and port 8001: auscope -i1 -o0 -hmcxterm auplay -audio tcp/tcphost:8001 dial.snd In the following example, the auscope verbosity is increased to 1, and the audio client autool will connect to the audio server via the network host tcphost, while displaying its graphical interface on another server labmcx: auscope -i1 -o0 -hmcxterm -v1 autool -audio tcp/tcphost:8001 -display labmcx:0.0 SEE ALSO
nas(1), perl(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1994 Network Computing Devices, Inc. AUTHOR
Greg Renda, Network Computing Devices, Inc. 1.9.3 AUSCOPE(1)