Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regular expression inside case statement notworking Post 302531727 by radoulov on Friday 17th of June 2011 03:11:29 PM
Old 06-17-2011
The output that passes through the pipe is buffered, I suppose you just need to wait until the buffer gets flushed ...
(just add some more lines and you should see the script working).
This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression + Aritmetical Expression

Is it possible to combine a regular expression with a aritmetical expression? For example, taking a 8-numbers caracter sequece and casting each output of a grep, comparing to a constant. THX! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0mby
2 Replies

2. Linux

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" .... i need regular expression

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple lines inside a case statement

echo "please enter ur choice.. 1. Make a file. 2. Display contents 3. Copy the file 4. Rename the file 5. Delete the file 6. Exit" read choice case $choice in 1 ) echo enter the file name read fname if then echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotam
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

5. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

wildcard inside regular expression for grep

Hi, I'm on a Linux machine with a bash shell. I have some apache logs from where I want to extract the lines that match this pattern : "GET /dir1/dir2/dir3/bt_sx.gif HTTP/1.1" but where "/dir1/dir2/dir3/bt_sx" may vary , so I would like to grep something like cat apache.log | grep "\"GET... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

incorporating a regular expression statement in a shell script (.sh)

I do have a shell file where I call many unix commands . I would like to add a regular expression step in that shell file, where a text file, say Test.txt has to be openned and all the :'s should be replaced. Basically apply the follwoing regular expression: :%s/://g to that particular text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use sqlplus statement inside case sentence

Hello, I have a problem. I want to launch a different sql queries for different shell parameter values, something like this. #/bin/bash case $1 in "A") sqlplus -s user/pass << SQL query A; SQL "B") sqlplus -s user/pass << SQL2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vares
3 Replies
close(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  close(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
close - Close an open channel SYNOPSIS
close channelId _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Closes the channel given by channelId. ChannelId must be an identifier for an open channel such as a Tcl standard channel (stdin, stdout, or stderr), the return value from an invocation of open or socket, or the result of a channel creation command provided by a Tcl extension. All buffered output is flushed to the channel's output device, any buffered input is discarded, the underlying file or device is closed, and channelId becomes unavailable for use. If the channel is blocking, the command does not return until all output is flushed. If the channel is nonblocking and there is unflushed output, the channel remains open and the command returns immediately; output will be flushed in the background and the channel will be closed when all the flushing is complete. If channelId is a blocking channel for a command pipeline then close waits for the child processes to complete. If the channel is shared between interpreters, then close makes channelId unavailable in the invoking interpreter but has no other effect until all of the sharing interpreters have closed the channel. When the last interpreter in which the channel is registered invokes close, the cleanup actions described above occur. See the interp command for a description of channel sharing. Channels are automatically closed when an interpreter is destroyed and when the process exits. Channels are switched to blocking mode, to ensure that all output is correctly flushed before the process exits. The command returns an empty string, and may generate an error if an error occurs while flushing output. If a command in a command pipe- line created with open returns an error, close generates an error (similar to the exec command.) EXAMPLE
This illustrates how you can use Tcl to ensure that files get closed even when errors happen by combining catch, close and return: proc withOpenFile {filename channelVar script} { upvar 1 $channelVar chan set chan [open $filename] catch { uplevel 1 $script } result options close $chan return -options $options $result } SEE ALSO
file(n), open(n), socket(n), eof(n), Tcl_StandardChannels(3) KEYWORDS
blocking, channel, close, nonblocking Tcl 7.5 close(n)