Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ping blocking
Special Forums IP Networking ping blocking Post 302531664 by Corona688 on Friday 17th of June 2011 11:56:23 AM
Old 06-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by programAngel
Since it is VM in my computer I have direct access to it.
Surprisingly, not necessarily. It may depend on what network arrangement you configured them for.
Quote:
What should I do to detect what is blocking the ping?
Is it the iptables or something else?
I am newbie to this issue so any help will be welcome.
Repeating the same questions doesn't us the information we need to help you.

I think I ninjaed in an edit while you were replying, some new questions in there now.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

blocking domains

Dear All , Kindly note I have sun solaries 7 . I want to block a domain who keep sending emails to my domain and users . thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamemi
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

blocking script help

sed -n '/robots.txt/!{s/\(\{1,\}\.*\.*\.*\).*\/\(.*\.txt\).*/\1 \2/p;}' myaapache.log Above command will search all txt except robots.txt from apache logs and show like 94.136.63.119 idsuper.txt 174.121.67.233 fx29id1.txt I want to block that ip address automatically, i need script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learnbash
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ps blocking

Hi Folks I have been debugging a script that is called every thirty seconds. Basically it is doing a ps, well two actually, one to file (read by the getline below) and the other into a pipe. The one into the pipe is: - V_SYSVPS=/usr/sysv/bin/ps $V_SYSVPS -p$PIDLIST -o$PSARGS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
0 Replies

4. Programming

non blocking connect

OS : solaris 10 X86 I created stream socket, tries to connect to port 7 on the remote machine. After doing the non blocking connect call I did select with time out value is 3 secs. I am always getting timed out though I am writing prior to select. code: x=fcntl(S,F_GETFL,0);... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satish@123
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Blocking signals

I know how to add signal to a set. But what if I want to add 2 or 3 signals to the set. I know I can use sigaddset (&set,SIGBUS)....but what if I want to add SIGBUS and SIGALRM at once. Do i have to do it like this.. sigaddset (&set,SIGBUS); sigaddset (&set,SIGALRM); Is there another way to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joker40
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Blocking an IP address

Dear all, I am new to this forum.I need some assistant from you people. I have a server in which Linux 5 is installed and it is in the network. How i block any user to access my server.. Upto how many users i can block.. send me the procedure.... Thank you in advance...... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhansu
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Animation Ping on Solaris Like Cisco Ping

Hi, I develop simple animation ping script on Solaris Platform. It is like Cisco ping. Examples and source code are below. bash-3.00$ gokcell 152.155.180.8 30 Sending 30 Ping Packets to 152.155.180.8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. % 93.33 success... % 6.66 packet loss...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokcell
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get reason for ping failure using perls Net::Ping->new("icmp");?

Hi I am using perl to ping a list of nodes - with script below : $p = Net::Ping->new("icmp"); if ($p->ping($host,1)){ print "$host is alive.\n"; } else { print "$host is unreacheable.\n"; } $p->close();... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tavanagh
4 Replies

9. Programming

Which are blocking and non-blocking api's in sockets in C ?

among the below socket programming api's, please let me know which are blocking and non-blocking. socket accept bind listen write read close (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
2 Replies

10. Programming

Ping test sends mail when ping fails

help with bash script! im am working on this script to make sure my server will stay online, so i made this script.. HOSTS="192.168.138.155" COUNT=4 pingtest(){ for myhost in "$@" do ping -c "$COUNT" "$myhost" &&return 1 done return 0 } if pingtest $HOSTS #100% failed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mort3924
4 Replies
IPTABLES-APPLY(8)						  iptables 1.6.1						 IPTABLES-APPLY(8)

NAME
iptables-apply - a safer way to update iptables remotely SYNOPSIS
iptables-apply [-hV] [-t timeout] [-w savefile] {[rulesfile]|-c [runcmd]} DESCRIPTION
iptables-apply will try to apply a new rulesfile (as output by iptables-save, read by iptables-restore) or run a command to configure iptables and then prompt the user whether the changes are okay. If the new iptables rules cut the existing connection, the user will not be able to answer affirmatively. In this case, the script rolls back to the previous working iptables rules after the timeout expires. Successfully applied rules can also be written to savefile and later used to roll back to this state. This can be used to implement a store last good configuration mechanism when experimenting with an iptables setup script: iptables-apply -w /etc/network/iptables.up.rules -c /etc/network/iptables.up.run When called as ip6tables-apply, the script will use ip6tables-save/-restore and IPv6 default values instead. Default value for rulesfile is '/etc/network/iptables.up.rules'. OPTIONS
-t seconds, --timeout seconds Sets the timeout in seconds after which the script will roll back to the previous ruleset (default: 10). -w savefile, --write savefile Specify the savefile where successfully applied rules will be written to (default if empty string is given: /etc/network/iptables.up.rules). -c runcmd, --command runcmd Run command runcmd to configure iptables instead of applying a rulesfile (default: /etc/network/iptables.up.run). -h, --help Display usage information. -V, --version Display version information. SEE ALSO
iptables-restore(8), iptables-save(8), iptables(8). LEGALESE
Original iptables-apply - Copyright 2006 Martin F. Krafft <madduck@madduck.net>. Version 1.1 - Copyright 2010 GW <gw.2010@tnode.com or http://gw.tnode.com/>. This manual page was written by Martin F. Krafft <madduck@madduck.net> and extended by GW <gw.2010@tnode.com or http://gw.tnode.com/>. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the Artistic License 2.0. iptables 1.6.1 IPTABLES-APPLY(8)