Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris SYN_SENT does not receive reset from closed ports Post 302531630 by fpmurphy on Friday 17th of June 2011 10:41:03 AM
Old 06-17-2011
I am curious. Maybe I am missing something. Why are you expecting the OS to sent a RST to application A if application B is not up? My expectation is that application A simply times out as seems to be the case.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Syn_sent

Dear Guys , I have linux - redhat 6.1 and it is on the internet , works as email server forworder . when i execute netstat -a command i got a strange output that i want to ask about it and how can i control it or drop it plz : the output looks like : tcp 0 1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Closed ports

Hello I need to close some ports on a box Solaris 8, which command I need to use. Thanks for your replies (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Did not receive activation mail

Hi Administrators, I've registered myself yesterday and have been waiting for my account to be activated. I've followed the instructions in the 'See this if you have an account but cannot post ' thread to request for an activation mail to be sent to my other email address, but still did not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pl_cyber
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Are ports above 1024 closed by default ?

Hi guys, Just needed to know if all the ports above 1024 are closed by default. I know that below 1024 the ports are reserved for the kernel and ports above 1024 are reserved for user applications. But by default, if I do not have a rule in my firewall to block ports above 1024, Will my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox211
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host Connection closed

Hi Everyone, Good day. Scenario: 2 unix servers -- A (SunOS) and B (AIX) I have an ftp script to sftp 30 files from A to B which happen almost instantaneously i.e 30 sftp's happen at the same time. Some of these sftp's fail with the following error: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeevan_fimare
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can send but not receive email

Hi, One of the users in our company can send but not receive email. We are using SENDMAIL in conjunction with procmail. The funny thing is that all his sent email is in his /var/spool/mail but the email client does not pick anything up! He is using IMAP. Anyone see have any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Notification from another server need to receive.

I have two application server appserver1 and appserver 2. A script will run from appserver1 which main activity is 1. Connect with the apserver 2 and run a script which saved on appserver2 2. the saved script will in appserver 2 will complete its task and generate a log Problem i need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imtiaz43
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Debian ports reporting closed. Refused connection

Hey guys, I'm having trouble with checking what ports are open on my Debian distro, which is reporting all ports closed, though they are clearly open I am checking to see if ports are open with netcat: nc 127.0.0.1 80 localhost 80 (http) : Connection refusedAs an example but on all ports... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3therk1ll
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Can ping out but cannot receive

Hi there, I am able to ping google.com However, I am able to see like google.com (172.xx.xx.xx). When the ping is done, like 5 packet transmitted but zero packet recieved. How do I go about re-mediating it? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
6 Replies
XtAppCreateShell(3)						   XT FUNCTIONS 					       XtAppCreateShell(3)

NAME
XtAppCreateShell, XtVaAppCreateShell - create top-level widget instance SYNTAX
Widget XtAppCreateShell(String application_name, String application_class, WidgetClass widget_class, Display *display, ArgList args, Cardi- nal num_args); Widget XtVaAppCreateShell(String application_name, String application_class, WidgetClass widget_class, Display *display, ...); ARGUMENTS
application_name Specifies the name of the application instance. application_class Specifies the class name of this application. widget_class Specifies the widget class that the application top-level widget should be. display Specifies the display from which to get the resources. args Specifies the argument list from which to get the resources. num_args Specifies the number of arguments in the argument list. ... Specifies the variable argument list from which to get the resources. DESCRIPTION
The XtAppCreateShell function saves the specified application name and application class for qualifying all widget resource specifiers. The application name and application class are used as the left-most components in all widget resource names for this application. XtApp- CreateShell should be used to create a new logical application within a program or to create a shell on another display. In the first case, it allows the specification of a new root in the resource hierarchy. In the second case, it uses the resource database associated with the other display. Note that the widget returned by XtAppCreateShell has the WM_COMMAND property set for session managers (see Chapter 4). SEE ALSO
XtCreateWidget(3Xt) X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libXt 1.0.5 XtAppCreateShell(3)