Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Allow telnet in AIX from specific IP adds, but disable for everyone else Post 302531588 by purdym on Friday 17th of June 2011 08:13:29 AM
Old 06-17-2011
Try tcp wrapper.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disable Keyboard in AIX 5.2

Hi all. I have a log file that the operators monitor. This file is simply tailed -f on a screen in the ops room. I would like to know if there is anyway I can disable the keyboard from any input other than physically unpluging it. Something like a trap in the script. The system is AIX 5.2. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
2 Replies

2. Solaris

disable telnet on Solaris

All - would you please some one help me to disable telnet on Solaris? /etc/inetd.conf Thanks :confused: (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: March_2007
11 Replies

3. Solaris

Disable telnet timeout

Hi, Can someone help me how I can disable telnet timeout? I'm connecting remotely to some machines and after some time my telnet connection was closed. How can I disable this so that I'm always connected to those machines? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
2 Replies

4. Solaris

disable telnet on the startup

Hi All, I want to disable telnet on the startup of solaris 8-10 but still wants for a standby purposes. In case I need to troubleshoot ssh, I can connect thru telnet. Most solution on the internet is to permanently removed it. Best Regards, itik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable root for AIX 5.2

I am able to disable direct root login through telnet. But when I add the rlogin = false into the /etc/security/user file. I am unable to log in as root from ssh. I uncommented the "PermitRootLogin yes" in the sshd_config file. Still can't log in. Can anyone help? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: james0125
0 Replies

6. Solaris

SSH enable, Telnet disable ...

Hi... How do I enable SSH and disable telnet.. Also - is there anything special I need to do to ensure that a new user can use ssh and su but not telnet? Adel (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArabOracle.com
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a string a specific value in specific location in AIX

Hi, I have following samp.txt file in unix. samp.txt 01Roy2D3M000000 02Rad2D3M222222 . . . . 10Mik0A2M343443 Desired Output 01Roy2A3M000000 02Rad2A3M222222 . . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Disable telnet for a particular user

On Solaris 8 is there anyway to disable telnet for a particular user and not for entire system altogether? I would like the user to retain a shell and so creating a noshell like ftp account is not an option. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: boshyd
14 Replies

9. AIX

Disable RBAC - AIX

Hi all, i have a little problem... I have a Trusted AIX v. 6.1 installed on my system p. I can't disable RBAC mode... $ lsattr -El sys0 -a enhanced_RBAC enhanced_RBAC true Enhanced RBAC Mode True $ chdev -l sys0 -a enhanced_RBAC=false Method error (/usr/lib/methods/chggen): 0514-018... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Not able to disable finger & telnet command in Solaris 8

Hi I need to disable finger & telnet command in solaris 8 I have put the # infront of finger and telnet line in /etc/inetd.conf file. Further I have run the below command kill -1 <process id of inetd > But when I am running finger command it is till giving information for remote machine... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
8 Replies
tcp-env(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   tcp-env(1)

NAME
tcp-env - set up TCP-related environment variables SYNOPSIS
tcp-env [ -rR ] [ -ttimeout ] program [ arg ... ] DESCRIPTION
The input for tcp-env must be a TCP connection. tcp-env finds out information about that connection, puts the information into several environment variables as described in tcp-environ(5), and runs program with the given arguments. Usually tcp-env is run from inetd. It might instead be run from another server that already sets up the right environment variables; if PROTO is set to TCP when tcp-env is invoked, tcp-env assumes that all the other variables are set up properly, and it does not check whether the input is a TCP connection. OPTIONS
-r (Default.) Attempt to obtain TCPREMOTEINFO from the remote host. -R Do not attempt to obtain TCPREMOTEINFO from the remote host. -ttimeout Give up on the TCPREMOTEINFO connection attempt after timeout seconds. Default: 30. SEE ALSO
tcp-environ(5), inetd(8) tcp-env(1)