Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell to find out DBCP ( try - catch ) in java Post 302531561 by sk1418 on Friday 17th of June 2011 07:23:31 AM
Old 06-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxadmin
Thanks Mr.sk1418..

Great.. wonderful.. in one line you have did that.

But i am getting output Partially only.

Problem is:
i am getting Problematic file's list , But list of files NOT containing the word "new DataBaseConnection" also getting..

is that mean that you want all java files that don't contain "new DataBaseConnection(...)" to be listed out as well?

does the grep command help?

Code:
grep -lv "new DatabaseConnection" *.java

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Help req for...shell script to catch "db2 connect" errors ...

Hello friends, Assume that, I am trying to execute a "db2 connect" command from Linux shell prompt via a shell script called "sample" sample db2 connect to bas39 $sample If the database is not present its should display a custom error message by catching the error message given by db2.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to catch PL/SQL return values

Hello, I need some help from the experts on PL/SQL and Shell scripting. I need a shell script that runs a PL/SQL procedure and gets the values returned from the PL/SQL procedure into the shell variables. The PL/SQL procedure returns multiple values. I was able to assign a single return value... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Veera_Raghav
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to catch ENTER key inside the shell script?

Hi, I have a script in which i have to ask user to press the ENTER key to proceed further. can you please help me how can i achive this in my scripting? echo "All the executables builded Successfully " echo " Press Enter to Go Back to the Main Menu" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: plaban.rout
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to find java command

Hi All, Am trying to start a server by using the startup shell script. But am getting java command not found. Can anyone guide me in which path i need to check for all the java commands and also how do i chk the version of java being installed on linux box? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashok_oct22
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to catch PL/SQL return values

I tried searching the forum for similar posts but its closed now. Would appreciate any help on this. I am trying to capture return value from a select query into a variable. DB is Oracle I am able to spool it to a file but I donot intend to use it. Here is my script that does not work ;) I... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: monie2717
27 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find/xargs/*grep: find multi-line empty "try-catch" blocks - eg, missing ; not in a commented block

How can I recursively find all files in a directory and print out the file and first line number of any text blocks that match the below cases? This would seem to involve find, xargs, *grep, regex, etc. In summary, I want to find so-called empty "try-catch blocks" that do not contain code... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifechamp
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run java from shell

Hi All, I am trying to run a grep command which creates an output file. Then I will run a java file which take that file and process that. My java file uses other java files and library jars. I have tried below code but I am getting compilation error,it can not find other java files in same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmajumder
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to catch errors in a shell script ( multiple commands )?

Hi I have a shell script like that Main() { DAY=$(date +"%d-%m-%Y") TIME=$(date +"%T") Command 1 Command 2 ... Command n } I would like to catch errors from all commands in Main() and write these errors into a file , something likes this: Main if < error > then echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
3 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Java doesnīt find the CLASSPATH (System variable)

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: As a excercise I have to compile a program (Hello2.java) with a class file (HelloText.java) in another directory. (As you seen in the screenshot) Iīm setting a PATH and a CLASSPATH (system variables). Itīs working without a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MenschTown
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cannot find java, gcc, Oracle on RedHat 7.2

We received Linux RedHat. I tried java -versionno result gcc -c no result I cannot even find Oracle version or directory Do you know if JAVA, gcc, Oracle are supposed to come with Linux by default? Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)